“Very Disappointing Hotel”

Ranked #23 of 43 Hotels in Belfast
Dublin, Ireland
“Very Disappointing Hotel”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2014 via mobile

This hotel was nothing like it seemed on the website. The area was awful and run down. It was described as being in a lively and vibrant area. This could not have been further from the truth. It is too far out of town and a taxi was required to get to the centre. The bar was tiny and just an extension of the reception. The main doors opened out practically knocking you over! The rooms were quite nice. They were spacious and tastefully decorated. The bed was comfortable. Breakfast was just adequate. This was poor value for money in general and basic facilities.

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Ann-Marie K
Grace P, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Belfast City Queens Quarter, responded to this review, 2 July 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking some time to leave you review about your stay with us here at Holiday Inn Express Belfast. Your feedback is extremely important to us and we do take note of all reviews left.

I am very disappointed to hear that you did not enjoy your stay with us. Our hotel is located in a residential area that does house some university students and we are only a short walk from Botanic Avenue, Botanic Gardens and Queens University. However, I am glad that you found the bed comfortable and the rooms spacious and well decorated. I do hope you will give us another chance in the future.

Grace Pullen

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (167)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Turkish first
Congleton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2014

My husband and I found Holiday Inn clean comfortable and fortunately our room 101 was peaceful. This is my 2nd stay here and would recommend it. Free parking an asset.
Drawbacks- not enough wardrobe hanging space. Needs hooks for coats. Also decaffiinated tea bags.

• Stayed June 2014
Grace P, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Belfast City Queens Quarter, responded to this review, 17 June 2014
Dear Guest,

I am delighted to hear that you had a comfortable and peaceful stay. I am also delighted to hear that you would return, when you do please don't hesitate to come to the desk and the staff will be more than happy to try and accommodate any requests that you have (like extra hangars and decaffeinated teabags!). We hope to welcome you back again soon.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2014 via mobile

This hotel was clean and comfortable. The room was a good size and the bathroom again was adequate. The reception staff were helpful and breakfast plentiful. I was working at Queens University and this was a ten minute walk away.

Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
Dear Guest,

I am pleased to hear that the hotel was clean and you had a comfortable stay. I am also pleased to hear that you enjoyed the free breakfast and the staff were helpful. I hope we can welcome you back again soon.

Northwich, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2014

Modern branded hotel to south of city centre but within 20 mins walk of Cathedral Quarter. Clean well decorated modern comfortable rooms. A bit open plan and downstairs for eating but breakfast buffet was good. Staff very helpful in accommodating a bunch of cyclists and their bikes!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Guest,

I am so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and we were able to accommodate your bikes! I am also very pleased to hear that the staff were helpful and you enjoyed your free cooked breakfast. We hope to see you again soon!

Preston, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2014

Good mini break stay, clean rooms with a good free breakfast. Clean communal areas, bar and lifts etc. Staff friendly and free wifi. Great location.
We booked two double rooms and received one double and one twin. Got an apology but no real explanation.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank SpinningJen
Dear Guest,

I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and you found the hotel clean and in a good location. I am also delighted to hear that you took advantage of our free cooked breakfast and free WiFi. I am disappointed to hear that you did not get the room types your requested, if you would like an explanation please do not hesitate to contact me directly at the hotel.

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2014

Great location, has been upgraded and much better layout than before.Parking available.Good breakfast, good rooms at a good price. Wifi facilities. Poor selection of beers in bar but plenty of alternatives nearby.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Grace P, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Belfast City Queens Quarter, responded to this review, 8 June 2014
Dear Guest,

I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that you took advantage of our free WiFi, free cooked breakfast and free parking, we love that we can provide all of these at no extra cost! We hope to see you again soon!

Fort Myers, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2014

Overall great experience, but disappointing that there is no refrigerator or microwave. The front desk staff is excellent and the service is great.

***The only thing I would say is ALWAYS keep the lock on your door! On a few occasions I had staff (not cleaning staff) knock once and open door immediately. Luckily the first time it happened I was decent and on my computer. I think it VERY rude to not wait for a reply from inside of the room before automatically opening the door!!!!! After the first time I was walked in on I ALWAYS kept the door locked and STILL I got the ONE KNOCK an DOOR OPENED! Luckily I had the door locked. As a woman alone I didn't feel safe that this was happening.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank DivaSiva4
Dear Guest,

I am pleased to hear that you had a good experience overall and the staff were friendly and helpful for you, however I am concerned about the issue that you had. Could you please contact me on fom@hiexpressbelfast.com with your reservation details so I can investigate further?