“Carpark Nightmare”

Ranked #22 of 44 Hotels in Belfast
Belfast, United Kingdom
“Carpark Nightmare”
Reviewed 7 July 2014

Stayed here Friday 4th July - Hotel lovely, food good, location excellent the major downfall was the carpark
The entrance to the carpark underneath the hotel was that narrow that my car would not even go in through it. The car park outside - the ramp up to it was that narrow the sensors in the car were bleeping, If I thought getting in was bad omg what a nightmare getting out. They have yellow boxes with no parking at the top of the ramp, some stupid person had parked their car there and there was no room to turn at all.
Complete nightmare getting out of the carpark

So my advice is stay if your walking or taxi but don't take your car

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank belfastcity189
Grace P, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Belfast City Queens Quarter, responded to this review, 11 July 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking some time to leave you review about your stay with us here at Holiday Inn Express Belfast. Your feedback is extremely important to us and we do take note of all reviews left.

I am happy to hear that you found our hotel was in a good location and enjoyed your food here. We do have building work going on at the moment which will extend our car park but I do understand that this limits parking at the moment. I am sorry that you experienced some difficulty when parking and I do hope you will return to try our new and improved car park!

Grace Pullen

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (174)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Turkish first
County Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 7 July 2014

6 night stay May 2014: The hotel was situated about a 10 minute taxi ride (cost about 4 pounds) outside of the city center in the Queen's University district. Therefore, it was either short taxi ride, bus ride or long walk to most of the city center attractions. However, there was a nice street with good restaurants and shops nearby to the hotel called Botanic Avenue that was helpful for grabbing a coffee or a meal prior to or after the days sightseeing. The hotel itself was very dated with the bathrooms being in especially bad condition. Additionally, a number of the staff seemed to be local university students who did not seem to care much about customer service - for example, one night I asked the front desk person to help me with booking of tickets for a show and he told me that I needed to do it myself.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Dear Guest,

I am glad to hear that you found us in a good location and Botanic Avenue had lots to offer. I am disappointed about your comments regarding staff and the hotel itself. The hotel was recently renovated and our housekeeping team work extremely hard to ensure high levels are kept. I will pass on your comments to the appropriate staff and I do hope we can welcome you back again.

Limerick, Ireland
Reviewed 1 July 2014

Great staff who were really helpful. We were well looked after for our gluten and wheat free requirements. Their free kids meals offer also much appreciated. Loved the power shower when I got it working.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Thank Sinead Foodforl... D
Dear Guest,

I am delighted to hear that our staff we able to cater to your requirements and you enjoyed your stay with us. I hope we can welcome you back again in the near future.

Sleaford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 June 2014

I stayed here with my 17 year old son for his birthday in March, we were very pleased with the hotel. Although it's about a 20 minute walk from the city centre, as we were on a budget the walk from the town centre to the hotel was straightforward and we managed to find a fantastic Italian restaurant on the way (another good review coming up!).

The room was very clean and comfortable and also quiet, we were at the back of the hotel. Breakfast was superb with staff constantly ensuring the containers were kept topped up. Good Wi-Fi as well - kept my son happy.

Reception staff were really friendly and helpful too, thank!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Samsmith_72
Grace P, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Belfast City Queens Quarter, responded to this review, 2 July 2014
Dear Guest,

I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and took advantage of some of the great restaurants in the area. I am also delighted to hear that you took full advantage of our free cooked breakfast, we think it's the best way to start the day. I am pleased to hear that our free WiFi kept your son happy, we know how important it is these days and I am also pleased to hear that the staff were friendly and helpful. I hope we can welcome you back again in the future.

staffs
Reviewed 30 June 2014

this hotel was not what we expected the area was rundown loads of student flats surrounded the hotel so it was very noisy.The housekeeping was not to a very good standard we had to ask for toilet rolls,more coffee as it wasn't replaced and the shower gel was empty.the staff were helpful enough but it was annoying to have to keep asking for things that should have been done automaticallyWe later stayed at the express in Antrim and this was what we expected of Holiday inn

Room Tip: front rooms are very noisy
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

I am extremely disappointed that the Housekeeping was not up to standard during your stay, we pride ourselves on maintaining an extremely high level of cleanliness and service and I will pass on your comments to the Housekeeping Manager for her to follow up with the staff. In regards to the areas, we are located in a residential area which does house some university students but we are also a short walk from the lively Botanic Area. I do hope you will give us another chance in the future.

Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 28 June 2014 via mobile

This hotel was nothing like it seemed on the website. The area was awful and run down. It was described as being in a lively and vibrant area. This could not have been further from the truth. It is too far out of town and a taxi was required to get to the centre. The bar was tiny and just an extension of the reception. The main doors opened out practically knocking you over! The rooms were quite nice. They were spacious and tastefully decorated. The bed was comfortable. Breakfast was just adequate. This was poor value for money in general and basic facilities.

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Ann-Marie K
Dear Guest,

I am very disappointed to hear that you did not enjoy your stay with us. Our hotel is located in a residential area that does house some university students and we are only a short walk from Botanic Avenue, Botanic Gardens and Queens University. However, I am glad that you found the bed comfortable and the rooms spacious and well decorated. I do hope you will give us another chance in the future.

Congleton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 June 2014

My husband and I found Holiday Inn clean comfortable and fortunately our room 101 was peaceful. This is my 2nd stay here and would recommend it. Free parking an asset.
Drawbacks- not enough wardrobe hanging space. Needs hooks for coats. Also decaffiinated tea bags.

• Stayed June 2014
Grace P, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Belfast City Queens Quarter, responded to this review, 17 June 2014
Dear Guest,

I am delighted to hear that you had a comfortable and peaceful stay. I am also delighted to hear that you would return, when you do please don't hesitate to come to the desk and the staff will be more than happy to try and accommodate any requests that you have (like extra hangars and decaffeinated teabags!). We hope to welcome you back again soon.