“Excellent food, service and atmosphere” 5 of 5 bubbles

The Causerie
Ranked #350 of 1,040 Restaurants in Belfast
Cuisines: European, British
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Belfast, United Kingdom
“Excellent food, service and atmosphere”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 March 2014

I went to the Causerie restaurant last night for dinner with a few friends and throughly enjoyed it. The food was excellent and of an extremely high standard. The staff were very friendly and attentive and the overall atmosphere was very enjoyable. There was a real buzz about the restaurant and this is sometimes hard to achieve early in the evening and on a Tuesday night.

I expected the menu to be much more expensive than it was. It was definatly priced to be competitive with the many other excellent retaurants in Belfast. However, as expected, drinks are at hotel prices.

We will definately be back and would recommend that if your in the area you give it a try

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank 186470Margaret1
Dunnjo, Manager at The Causerie, responded to this review, 12 June 2014
Dear 186470Margaret1,

Thank you for providing feedback on your recent meal in the Causerie Restaurant.

I am delighted to hear our food and friendly service. We hope you will be back to us again when you are next in Belfast.

Warm regards

Jody

Lisburn, United Kingdom
“Disappointing meal”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 February 2014

A friend and I dined in the Causerie before going to the theatre on Sat 15 Feb. The menu choice was poor as I have strict dietary requirements and could only have either the sirloin steak or burger. There was no fresh fish on the menu. Most of the meals were around the £12 which is ok but the sirloin steak was an incredible £22! I would have almost 'pushed the boat out' for this if it had come with say a baked potato and nice vegetables so I enquired what came with it in terms of potatoes/veg/salad only to be told by the waitress that it was served 'just with a bit of rocket'!! However, she told me I could have 2 sides for £5 if I wanted which would have made my one course £27!! I commented that I thought that was a little steep in price and she apologised (not her fault) so I went for the burger but could not have the bun or chips with it. I was served a simple beef burger with a bowl of side salad (rocket, red onion and baby tomatoes) - for £12. My friend got the burger (with toppings at a supplement...!) with chips and then had a dessert which she described as 'very average' which cost a whopping £6! It was the size of an apple cream pastry with meringue, a tiny spot of fresh cream and a teaspoonful of lemon sauce. Very bad value for a mediocre dessert...I don't think we will be dining here again unfortunately. They also indicated on the phone at the time of booking that the pre-theatre special of 2 courses for £16 applied but then did not honour this on the night!

Visited February 2014
1 Thank Alison445040
Island of Malta, Malta
“Great food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 February 2014

Dined here on the evening of Sunday 16th February. Both had chicken strips starter, good but dip a bit sweet. Both had the steak sandwich, very tasty with onions on half a bap, peppered sauce was superb, very peppery rather than creamy. The side orders of chips and onion rings were more than enough for 2 and really lovely. The lemon tart dessert is a mini lemon meringue which was so good I could eat many of them. The Glastry slider was neopolitan ice cream on a piece of sponge. The ice cream is so smooth and creamy, could compete with any Italian ice creams. Staff were attentive throughout but service was a little slow. Also, I don't like the smell of the fryer coming into the restaurant. I would return here but would sit at the window, far from the kitchen.

• Visited February 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Belfast
“Amazing!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 February 2014

The food was delicious, menu very appetizing and staff/service was excellent. Reasonable prices too.

Visited February 2014
UK
“Should have gone elsewhere!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 January 2014

Went recently for a family meal, it was after Christmas so the restaurant wasn't busy at all. (Not even half full)
It took the staff ages to take our order, infact one of our party actually had to flag the waitress down and ask her to take our order.
Although it was a long wait the starters were nice and we all enjoyed it, however the mains were really salty, there was good number of us and all of us commented how salty the foods were. We all got different dishes so it wasn't just one particular dish. Overall, I would not be back there again, it was terrible service by waiting staff and food was even worse!

• Visited January 2014