“Authentic Japanese Food”

Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 6 January 2014

We have been here twice over the Christmas holidays and on both occasions the food was excellent, service was excellent and the adivce given about the food very accurate. The sushi was the best I've had in Belfast. The Japanese curry was aromatic and light. It is a small and intimate restaurant and well decorated with good taste and flair. On leaving we said how much we enjoyed our food only to be told they were closing up at the end of December 2013 so it really is quite sad that we've found a great place but only for a short time. Good luck to all involved in this exceptional place I am sure they will all excel in their new ventures.

There are newer reviews for The Ginger Tree

Reviewed 20 December 2013

I have been here twice now, never to leave disappointed. The food is fantastic and the service is superb. They have a wide range of dishes from sushi to soup and curries. They have a nice selection of Japanese beer or you can go for their nice house red wine! Great value for money!

Reviewed 14 September 2013 via mobile

Waitress only new one of beers on the menu, asked us if we had finished all eat sushi because the chef wanted to go home at nine oclock. The food and sushi were good but have definately had better in belfast

1  Thank samjulliet
Reviewed 23 August 2013

Long menu led us to a value for money set menu, with an amuse guile, mixed starter, and main course. All served promptly and courteously. I had a discount card which couldn't come off the already discounted set menu, but the staff insisted on pricing each item to give me the best possible deal.great service. The tastes were unthreatening but fresh and authentic.

Reviewed 1 July 2013

I took two friends to The Ginger Tree during lunch time. Taro is a very helpful and polite man, he remained very calm when we had hard decisions to make. The menu is quite extensive so it took us awhile to decide what to have. Taro brought us out appetisers of green beans with a ?miso paste on them. It was a tasty treat. We also had the Japanese curry, Sukiyaki and a bento box with pork. I have to say everything was lovely and I enjoyed all the flavours and trying to work the chopsticks! Will definitely be back.