“Wonderful pub grub”

Cuisines: British
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 29 December 2016

9 of us came here (without booking). The service was great and we all left happy. The chicken and champ was amazing.

Reviewed 29 December 2016 via mobile

I can't really fault the place for the price the 2 course meal was very good. fast service. Nice staff. I would return

Reviewed 21 November 2016

Restaurant booked for large family dinner for christening. Downstairs area also reserved for us free of charge as technically its the public area. The food was amazing it all came out in really good time. The beef was cooked to perfection.

The staff were fantastic, they couldn't do enough for us they had placed the cake on a nice table with knife and plates for us. They were very attentive and always went round everyone asking if we need any drinks, sauces anything else etc. The staff were a credit to you.

The downstairs reserved area was so cosy and nicely done with candles, music was played into that area and we had a great night. Just a little tip, the downstairs bar staff could do with cheering up a little, I was served a few times by a girl who didn't even say thank you or please, I would ask for a certain drink and she would just walk away and get it without a word which was quite rude.

Also fantastic having a lift which was good for prams.
No downstairs baby changing facilities, they are only upstairs in the girls toilets which is annoying because its not only women that change nappies so this could be addressed

Reviewed 7 November 2016

Really really lovely food, excellent service, great atmosphere and we were given a lovely big table for the family - can't wait to go back again :-)

Reviewed 18 October 2016 via mobile

I have just had the most disappointing meal I have had in a very long time. As I'm vegetarian I asked the waiter about the vegetarian options. Why do most chef's think all vegetarians eat cheese. Both options were cheese dishes. When I explained I didn't eat cheese he very kindly said he would ask the chef if he could Russell up something without cheese. In an attempt to be easily please I said boiled potatoes and vegetables would suffice if it was too much trouble. Guess what, it was too much trouble for the chef to fire some veggies in a pan to stir fry. I need to add the restaurant was empty except for one other couple.
Under different circumstances I would have left but decided not to on this occasion. To add insult to injury the waiter returned after taking our order to tell me they didn't have any baby boiled potatoes, I could have mash or chips!!!!!!
Seriously outdated with what the customers want but more to the point, it was so obvious that the chef didn't care 2 hoots about the job. A robot, there to do a job he doesn't like and pick up his pay check. Totally unacceptable in these changing times.

3  Thank Susan1232013