“christmas meal at belvedere bistro absolutely delicious”

Belvedere Cafe|Restaurant
Ranked #204 of 1,052 Restaurants in Belfast
Price range: US$6 - US$23
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Welcome to the Belvedere Cafe Restaurant. We are a popular family friendly cafe during the day and BYO restaurant when the lights go down sitting right in the heart of the bustling Cregagh. Serving wholesome, seasonal food in comfortable, relaxed surroundings over two floors we endeavour to source most of our ingredients from local suppliers. From cosy coffee chats to belt-busting breakfasts, light lunches to succulent steaks, we are here to keep your tummies and your wallets happy! We also love a good party, so if you are planning a bit of a do, drop us a line and see what we can do.
Belfast, United Kingdom
“christmas meal at belvedere bistro absolutely delicious”
Reviewed 10 December 2013

went with my friends on saturday nite for our xmas meal hav to compliment the staff on great service so friendly and made us all feel so welcome we all had a beautiful xmas meal with everyone agreeeing it cudnt b faulted we hav all been to many restaurants for xmas meals over the years but felt that their friendly staff, excellent food and relaxed atmosphere made the belvedere a real winner so thanx to them for a gr8 nite. p.s lookin 4ward to our next visit..

Belfast, United Kingdom
“Fantastic Works Christmas Dinner”
Reviewed 10 December 2013

I just want to share with you, what a fantastic Christmas Party I had with my work friends at the Belvedere the food was excellent I could not fault it even though I am a fussy eater, even the rest of our party remarked on how the food was better than what they expected. I had the Roast beef and my friends had the Roast Antrim turkey and Ham. The beef was tender and delicious and from my work colleagues they enjoyed the Turkey which was served perfectly and was not dry as most can be.but was flavorsome. The staff I found were pleasant and attentive, They even had a wine chiller for the 5 bottles of Wine we brought, its a steal when you consider we didn't pay any corkage charge. Would recommend it to anyone considering a Christmas party or get together.

Belfast
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Rude staff & disgusting food! The chef & owner should be ashamed!!”
Reviewed 8 December 2013

We had the misfortune of going here last night for their christmas dinner, having first of been expected to pay in full for people in our party who cancelled (is this not what a deposit is for?) the owner/manager & one waitress were extremely rude about it but finally when we said we would leave they decided not to pursue it. The meal itself was foul, the chicken starter was dry & overdone, the roast beef dinner which was evidently bought in ready made was tough with lumpy gravy, cold veg, mashed potatoes which were hot depending where you put your fork in, the roasties burnt the mouth of me and werent even crispy and the "cheesecake" was more of a warm mousse with a soggy base!! There was no attempt at presentation and it was just slopped on the plate! I feel i've been ripped off having paid £25 for a bought in ready meal, I've had better home cooked meals!! We will definitely not be back, the owner and chef should be embarrassed by the crap they served & are expecting £25 for! My husband works in the catering industry and the same food we were served gets served in old peoples homes!! ABYSMAL!!

1 Thank Ashken10
Belfast, United Kingdom
“Nothing special, food disappointed”
Reviewed 30 November 2013

Went here recently for a meal after hearing good things about it. Didn't live up to expectations. Sirloin steak was an average (at best) cut of meat and the mashed potato was very dry. Pepper sauce and the thick cut chips were delicious though.

Restaurant is snug and tables are small. In fact with two main course plates on a table for two there was very little room for anything else and special care had to be taken not to knock drinks off.

Walls are framed with art/pictures for sale which I thought was a little tacky. Unremarkable picture of the H&W for £45 was simply laughable. One of the only restaurants on the Cregagh road and I was expecting a lot more.

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank redstarduggan
Craigavon, United Kingdom
“Super food”
Reviewed 9 November 2013 via mobile

Went here as a threesome tonight. The food was excellent, can strongly recommend the deep fried Brie as a starter - the portion was generous and the taste delicious. For mains we had trio of fish, spicey battered cod and lamb shank all of which were excellent. Coffee was perfect. BYO with no corkage, service very good. No complaints. Try this spot.

Visited November 2013