“Don't Miss the Opportunity to Experience the Very Best in Belfast”
Review of Roseleigh House

and 1 more site!
Roseleigh House
Ranked #6 of 48 Belfast B&B and Inns
Pittsburgh, PA
“Don't Miss the Opportunity to Experience the Very Best in Belfast”
Reviewed 19 April 2006

The Bed and Breakfast was absolutely wonderful. Donna was the perfect hostess. We were pleasantly surprised by the beauty and detail of the decorating. The breakfasts were the best we had in Ireland. Donna even gave me a package of potato bread to take home. The location was great; residential and homey. There is a place to park your car and it is easy to find your way around the neighborhood. It is a one-of-a-kind, must stay B&B. Thank you Donna.

Stayed March 2006
5 Thank SenorKroll

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Canada
Reviewed 28 September 2005

With a warm welcome from Donna, you are shown a clean room with cozy beds and welcomed with a gorgeous breakfast in the morning. Donna provides a list of breakfast treats available and you choose the time of morning. She goes above and beyond the duties of hostess. My Mother and I were unable to get a taxi to the train station and Donna drove us to the station to make sure we made our connection. Lovely attention to detail in the sitting and diningroom and conveniently located to downtown and a local shopping mall. Thank you, Donna!

• Stayed September 2005
10 Thank proudflesh
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 17 June 2003

My daughter and I recently spent one short night at Roseleigh House in Belfast. It was short but sweet. This bed and breakfast was one of the nicest we stayed in in the three weeks we were in the UK. The decor was really just lovely. Breakfasat was one of the better we had in our three weeks and there was a nice area for us to park our rental car. It was located just a short distance from the city center... not hard to find. We would have liked to have stayed longer. Glenda and Ginger Pogue

12 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 30 April 2003

I just returned from a 5-day stay at Roseleigh House in Belfast. I've stayed at many B & B's in Europe. Roseleigh House is definitely among the best of them. The place is located in a very nice, quiet residential section of Belfast, not far from the City Center (that's downtown for us Americans). It is conveniently located just around the corner from the bus stop, and all the cabbies know where it is. The minute you see the place, you know you're in for a treat. The place is immaculate, and tastefully decorated, from the nice garden in the yard, to the homey decor in the foyer and rooms. The bedrooms are kept sparkling clean by maids who straighten everything up for you every morning, right after you leave for your day's activities. Helen Hunter, the proprieter, is a friendly, helpful lady who goes out of her way to make your stay plaeasant. Because I am involved in an organisation that works to promote peace in Northern Ireland, I have many friends in Belfast. Throughout the week, I was constantly recieving calls and visits from these folks. Helen fielded all my calls, never missing one. Every day I would return to find several messages waiting for me. I know this should be standard for every B & B, but I had an unusually large number of calls. Many times, I would be on the phone in the hall, and Helen would appear with a portable phone with yet another caller on the line. She always had a smile on her face, and seemed glad to provide such personalized service. She knows Belfast very well, and can tell you how to get wherever you want to go. She'll be glad make reservations for you, or recommend a good restaurant. In fact, all the employees there are very friendly and top-notch. The breakfast room is bright and cozy, and the selection of breakfast foods is the largest I've ever seen at a B & B. You get your choice of several breakfasts,from the standard (and huge) Ulster Fry, to French Toast, or Scrambled Eggs flecked with Salmon (yummy!). You can also get yogurt, fresh fruit, or granfast choices is placed on your bed. You simply check off what you want, and leave the card on the desk. The next morning, your breakfast is served to you promptly. The place is so homey. Whenever I returned at night, I really felt I was retuning home, rather than to a hotel room. Yo can spend more, I'm sure, but I don't think you can get a better B & B experience than Roseleigh House. Very good value for the money.

19 Thank A TripAdvisor Member