“Great value in Belfast N.Ireland”

Pearl Court Guesthouse
Ranked #16 of 48 Belfast B&B and Inns
Balltio
“Great value in Belfast N.Ireland”
Reviewed 6 July 2013

We stayed at the Pearl Court Guesthouse for 3 days Excellent value for money. Friendly & caring staff. We booked a triple en suite - very spacious but shower a little small. Good location with plenty of restaurants nearby, with Giacommo's across the road. Frequent bus service into city. Highly recommended
We will be back
the Schumachers
South Africa

Room Tip: Check for bathroom en suite and what floor you are on
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Reviewed 19 June 2013 via mobile

Rooms in Belfast were at a premium when I stayed at the Pearl Court but I had assumed my booking was secure.

However, just after I had got off the bus in the city centre, I received a call from the hotel asking me to clarify my reservation. I had originally booked an en suite twin room. The room my friend and I ended up in wasn't en suite and was in fact 2.5 floors away from the nearest bathroom.

We weren't exactly overjoyed but, to be fair to the hotel manager, she immediately offered us a discount so we only paid £40 for the room.

My suspicion, and I accept that I have no evidence for this, is that someone else wanted an en suite twin room for the whole weekend. From a commercial perspective, it would have certainly made more sense to move us out of the en suite room.

As for the hotel itself, it was basic but pleasant enough. While not exactly spacious, the room wasn't cramped either. It had a flat screen television and tea/coffee making facilities. However, light-sleepers should beware – the beds make quite a racket whenever you move.

The hotel staff were very welcoming and friendly. When we arrived, we were given a cup of coffee and a couple of pancakes. The following morning, a continental breakfast was on offer. It consisted of scrambled eggs, with toast along with cereal, yoghurt, fruit juice, ham, cheese and bread. There was plenty on offer and we made the most of it.

Overall, if we overlook the initial problem, I would conclude that this hotel does offer reasonable value for money. Added to that, the staff are friendly, efficient and helpful.

• Stayed June 2013
uk
Reviewed 1 June 2013 via mobile

My daughter stayed at Pearl Court for one night on her way to USA embassy for a visa to go to Camp America. Pearl Court were amazingly kind and helpful and really looked after her. She enjoyed her stay.

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank sweetlothianlass
Reviewed 12 May 2013

If you are looking for a place to have a good shower and rest after a day of sightseeing this is the place.
A nice 20 minutes walking from the city centre with a lot of good restaurants around.
On top of that you will get a lovely breakfast and a excellent customer service.
Strongly recommended.

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank Paulo P
Wicklow
Reviewed 11 May 2013

I stayed here a while a go. It was in need of a total overhaul. The room urgently needed a vacuum, while breakfast was a non-event. I struggled to sleep in the hard bed. If you enjoy a good adventure then you can run the gauntlet with the shower. Best avoided.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled on business

Travellers are raving about these Belfast hotels

DE/CZ/AAfrica
Reviewed 13 April 2013

We stayed there a couple of years ago, don´t know how it is now. It is definitely better than Kate´s BnB, the rooms were alright, not too big, relatively clean. They don´t do cooked breakfasts but have some home made cakes and yoghurt in the morning. All in all an average, alright stay.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 March 2013

My aunt and I stayed two nights in Novemeber 2012.

Overall it was a good experience. The young lady who was on duty as the night staff was courteous and helpful - she quickly changed our booking to prevent my 75 yr old aunt from climbing more stairs than necessary. On our second night we bought takeaway and she welcomed us into the dining room with the heater and TV and we were more than happy to have her join in our conversation.

The room was fine - clean and spacious. The beds were comfortable and warm, as was the room. My gripe is about the shower. I know the houses and rooms are old and I don't really care about anything other than cleanliness and hot water. The shower was clean, but the water temerature was barely tepid. Not good enough on a cold night.

The owners of the establishement were present for breakfast and were courteous and accommodating - only too helpful with forward bookings etc.

The location was great and easy to get in and out of town - parking is a nightmare though. Get back there as close as possible to the 6pm free parking or you will not find a spot and be ready to leave by 8am so that you dont get a fine. This is not uncommon in most of the towns and cities though - so was used to it.

Overall a good stay.