“Friendly staff and a convenient location”

Pearl Court Guesthouse
Ranked #29 of 52 Belfast B&B and Inns
Reviewed 31 May 2014

I booked this guest house following a personal recommendation and was not in any way shape or form disappointed! The staff were very welcoming and helpful and able to give me information about the local area. The guest house is located near to the botanical gardens and to the Queens University. My room was perfectly clean and equipped with a wardrobe and television. There was a shared bathroom on a high level floor too. Breakfast was a case of toast and bacon and coffee. I have no hesitation in recommending this motel and may well be back in August!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo

Reviewed 23 April 2014

Standard fare, stand up shower, clean bedding etc. but a great location and large windows made this a nice bright room that I would stay in again. Wasn't too noisy, for being in a central, busy neighbourhood, so we were able to sleep in. And yes, did not hear or speak to anyone throughout our stay, at the time, preferable ;)

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 7 March 2014

I wasn't sure how many stars to give to this guest house. It is in a nice location two minutes walk from the Queens University, so if you have business to do in the university, it's a very good location. The house itself is massive, and I believe there are about 12 rooms here. The dining room looks nice and modern, and the lounge is not big and is connected to the dining area but comfortable enough.

There is no reception, and I had to call the number on the door to figure out how to get my key, but it was easy enough. The staff came to see me later to see everything was alright. The twin room is in the third (top) floor, and the bathroom and toilet are in the first floor, so that was inconvenient, so bear this in mind when you book. In fact, we asked whether we could pay extra to move to an ensuite room, but the management kindly upgraded us to an ensuite room, since it wasn't a busy time. We very much appreciated that. The water pressure was good, despite being in the top floor.

The rooms are a bit tired, and on the small side, but for a short stay for a couple of nights, it was adequate enough.

The breakfast is good, with cold ham, bread, pancakes, toast, yogurt, cereal, juice, coffee, and tea.

You can borrow adapter, hair dryer, iron, alarm clock etc etc from the small office next to the lounge.

I think despite tiredness of the rooms, given the price, location, and service, it is a good place to stay.

Room Tip: When booking twin rooms with shared facilities, be prepared to walk down two stairs because you may...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 February 2014

The owner(?) phoned me before we arrived at the guesthouse. She gave me instructions on how to get my room key, the access code ; then after that texted me with the clear instructions. Good service.

Although never met any staff throughout my stay but I did not mind. In fact it gave me a sense of freedom of movement!

The reception area was well-lit and nicely decorated. Loved the first impression of the hallway. Dining room looked good. Got a room at the top floor due to last minute booking. The view from the windows was just roofs of other buildings! Room was a bit old and tired-looking. Relatively clean. Curtains are not functioning well as the room was too bright at 7am! Floor is slightly creaky in the morning too.

Did not try breakfast.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 February 2014

Breakfast was excellent bacon , eggs , ham , , but we have some problem with accommodation , they don't have people in reception i ll make telephone call and they explain how we proceed ( we find rooms key and house key in some fiset After some door ( they give to us code to fiset ) .
It is near to Victoria Train station 4 stops with Metro bus 8 a, 8B , 8C .

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 February 2014

Seasoned travellers, and always looking for good value for money, we booked for 4 nights in an en-suite twin bedded room. We weren't disappointed. Clean, comfortable and VERY friendly. Good access to restaurants, cafes, bars, museum etc etc. Okay, we may have had a few stairs to climb to our room, but after the wide choice for breakfast (the wheaten bread is fantastic!!) we needed to do something to get rid of the calories!! We intend to come back here in the summer.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 13 November 2013

We travel with our daughter and were delighted to have a large room, well lit with three comfortable beds. Breakfast was perfect and served to order. Owner was extremely helpful in helping us plan our limited stay. She even drove us to a local stone circle.Right across from a fabulous art museum. nearby restaurants more than met our desires.

Room Tip: We had a bay window, which added lots of lovely light.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family