“Give the Pearl Court a COMPLETE Miss”

Pearl Court Guesthouse
Ranked #29 of 52 Belfast B&B and Inns
Reviewed 24 November 2008

The Pearl Court is a well-kept-up property with refreshingly contemporary, minimalist decor. However that is the Only thing they get right. Their staff are inept and irresponsible, and managers similarly fuzzy-minded and not often around.

During my stay, there were workmen hammering and drilling for several days, with furniture moved out into the middle of the hallway so you could barely pass. I missed breakfast a few times till I realized that the staff member who had let me in (after I'd waited outside in the cold wind and rain for 20 minutes) had told me that breakfast was served until 10:00 when in fact they stop serving at 9:30 AM. These are only a few of their problems. I learned during my stay that this B&B has a bad reputation in Belfast, and no wonder. Give it a Complete Miss!

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled solo
1  Thank sellingauthor

Reviewed 10 November 2008

Me and my friend stayed der 4 d weekend.... we wont b goin back d staff have no manners wat so ever not very helpful at all... d room wasnt d cleanest n water was runnin down d wall n mte i add it looked like pee from a toilet up stairs... 2 skimpy wee towels dat we had to make do wit 4 d whole weekend(very nice) we didnt even bother wit d breakfeast d smell was enugh 4 us... so my advice is 2 stay in a hotel......

• Stayed: November 2008, travelled with friends
1  Thank bkel2008
Reviewed 23 October 2008

After reading some of the previous less positive reviews I made my booking with trepidation, but I knew my stay would be extremely short (just one night with an early flight leave) + the price suited my budget £30 single room and the location was perfect.
I am happy to report how pleasantly surprised I was. The assistant who booked me in couldn't have been more helpful he checked bus times for on the net for my morning departure and booked me a cab, he also made sure some cereal etc would be available for my early start. My room was small as indicated but was spotless as were the bathrooms although no shower gel or shampoo so bring your own. It was a midweek stay so the guest house wasn't full but it was quiet and no disturbances. Room faced on to the busy Malone road but shut the window and no noise whatsoever. Thanks for a pleasent stay, wouldn't hesitate booking again next time I am in Belfast.

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled on business