“Charming house but scatty hosting”

Bienvenue Guesthouse
Ranked #32 of 51 Belfast B&B and Inns
Rochester, United Kingdom
“Charming house but scatty hosting”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 November 2010

The Bienvenue as a guesthouse was charming, spacious and beautiful. The hosting however could only be described as scatty! A bit hard to describe, but the Review 'Where do I begin?' gets the feel of it. To say on serving breakfast 'I've just had to heat it up in the microwave' - gives the vibe. Some things are better not said. And the said breakfast was far inferior to all the other sumptuous breakfasts we experienced throughout the North of Ireland.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Bradford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 August 2010

I stayed here as a solo traveller and it was ace. From the first preliminary phone call I found the experience nurturing and caring and it was obvious that Brie would go the extra mile. I also liked the look of the place on the Internet and was not disappointed in real life - the decor is elegant and stylish. When I got there I found great service, great conversation and in particular tourist information dispensed in a frank and hilarious fashion - you know you are getting the real deal! Miriam works hard to ensure the place is spotless and even arranges the towels like a 5-star hotel would do. It is set in a lovely location, very quiet even though you are in a big city. In short, I arrived as a stranger and left as a friend. I can't wait to go back . Please stay there when you visit Belfast.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled solo
London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2010

I've now stayed at Bienvenue three times and keep returning as it's such a great place to stay. A beautiful Edwardian house in a lovely neighbourhood, the rooms are spacious and always immaculate. What really makes the visit is the attentiveness of the land lady, Brie. She is hugely accommodating with regard to arrival times, breakfast and just generally helpful. While she is warm and friendly, she is highly professional and respects your privacy. The food is great and the city centre is within easy walking distance. I have met many guests who return regularly which says more than any glowing review!

• Stayed June 2010, travelled on business
Bridgend, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2010

Reference “Bienvenue” Guesthouse Belfast, whilst working in Belfast during May & June 2010, my colleague & I had the pleasure of staying there for some time, although we moved room’s several times (due to our work commitments) every room was clean, comfortable & up to a high standard with an excellent breakfast every morning, the landlady “Brie” was very pleasant & helpful also would do anything to make your stay a good one, the location is ideal for town only a short walk or cheap taxi, would definitely recommend, & will stay again, without doubt a genuine home from home.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled on business
rodosteve
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 June 2010

My partner and I booked this bed and breakfast at late notice. We arrived at the guest house mid afternoon and rang the doorbell. A voice from behind the door said "hello" I explained that the had a booking and the lady behind the door said its not convienient and she could not open the door. She went on to say she could not explain why she could not open the door and we should call back in 5 minutes. When i said I would call back in 5 minutes she then said leave it for 10 minutes. We walked away from the bed and breakfast quite confused and needless to say we were not content on staying there.

We then rang the northern ireland tourist board to see if there was any other availabilty in belfast. The lady on the phone (Danielle) was very helpful and when we explained the problem she said she would call the Bienvenue guest house. She called us back a few minutes later explaining that the woman on the phone had been quite rude to her as well.

Needless to say my partner and I did not stay here and we found a great room in the Premier inn at Lisburn.

I WOULD NOT ADVICE ANYONE TO STAY HERE!!!!!!!

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple

Travellers are raving about these Belfast hotels

Cape Town Central, South Africa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 April 2010

I really enjoyed the night that I spent in this B&B, I had a wonderful sleep and enjoyed having the master en-suite all to myself. The B&B has recently changed ownership and Brie, the lady who runs the B&B is an absolute delight.

This Victorian house is over a 100 years old and the button back Chesterfield sofas, the many antiques and original fireplaces certainly give this B&B a regal feel. This B&B has a very comfortable feel to it and I found myself reading my book enjoying the sunshine pouring into the front room with a cup of tea never far away.

The B&B is set in the highly desirable Malone area in close proximaty to the Queens University and the Botanic Gardens. Brie will arrange a Northern Ireland taxi tour which will pick you up at the B&B. A full breakfast is served eggs any way you like them.

I would highly recommend this B&B to visitors to the area as well as business travellers.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled solo
london
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 March 2010

a beautiful Victorian house that has a gentle and genteel ambiance. The decor of the rooms reflect the VIctorian era. Beautiful without fuss and over-indulgences. Clean, neat and tidy.
Hospitality was warm and caring. We were treated with respect and courtesy.
A great location just near the uni area. About a 10-15 minute walk to the city centre. This is good as it heped to burn off some of the overindulgences at dinner.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled on business