“Lovely !”
Review of Avenue Guest House

Avenue Guest House
Ranked #5 of 50 Belfast B&B and Inns
Reviewed 7 November 2012

We stayed at the Avenue Guest House for 4 nights in October. We had a triple room (double & single beds) with en-suite. It was a lovely room, lovely hotel, lovely area & very amiable hosts. Very convenient for Queen's University with easy on street parking & a quiet atmosphere. Children appreciated the free Internet & all liked full cooked breakfast. We hope to return sometime.

Reviewed 5 November 2012

Thank you to previous reviewers for helping my friend and myself to find this lovely guest house. We booked for a weekend in Belfast to visit my friend's daughter who is a student at Queen's University, and chose Avenue because of the great reviews.

We weren't disappointed! It was very handy for the University, Ulster Museum and various restaurants, and only a 20 min walk into town. We had a family room (double and single bed) with ensuite shower room. It was spotlessly clean, the beds were comfortable and - nice touch - the curtains were blackout lined so you could sleep in on a light morning. The room was at the back, so very quiet, with two windows so it felt very light and airy. We had a flatscreen TV with DVD as well as tea/coffee making facilities, chocolates and toiletries.

Breakfast was served in the bright, cheerful dining room, with patio doors onto the lovely garden. Alice offered a good menu and my vegi and my friend's meat breakfast were done to perfection. We also sampled the home made soda bread.... WOW!! I love soda bread and Alice's was the best I've ever tried. There were home made scones too but we couldn't manage those as well!

Alice and Steve were wonderful hosts, making us feel really welcome and also including my friend's daughter, allowing her to join us for breakfast and putting an extra cup in our room so she could have a cuppa with us. We needed to print our boarding card for the return flight and they helped us to use their guest computer to do this: nothing was too much trouble. It was good to have the use of the guest lounge to use the computer, and I noticed plenty of books there as well as DVDs for guests to borrow to watch in their rooms.

Belfast was a delightful experience, full of fun and friendly people, culture and beauty, and staying at this home from home was the icing on the cake. I hope to return sometime and take my husband to enjoy the hospitality of the Avenue: a huge thank you to Alice and Steve.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 1 November 2012

We booked a double ensuite room after reading the good reviews on Avenue Guest House. And we couldn't be any happier after staying 4 nights. Our room size is comfortable, clean, bright and neat. I like the bathroom especially, spacious and clean. Breakfast is sumptuous. Alice and Steven are very generous and helpful, always checking if we are ok and made us feel very much at home. We enjoyed our stay absolutely!

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 November 2012

We spent a week here and loved every aspect of the Avenue Guesthouse. We stayed in the triple room - it had more than enough space for three adults and a lovely bathroom. Convenient location, excellent food, gracious hosts. We recommend it very highly!

Reviewed 31 October 2012

Very impressed with the standards and hospitality of the Avenue. I was visiting my son who is at Queen's so was very handy for the university quarter and the local pubs & eateries in the area - all within easy walking distance while remaining nice and quiet for a good night's sleep. Beds are comfy, en suite was roomy and clean, a great room throughout and enjoyed my hearty cooked breakfast in the morning.
This is the 4th different guest house that I have stayed in while visiting Belfast and I will be making sure it's top of my list when returning for my next visit.

Reviewed 23 October 2012

Great option for a pleasant stay in Belfast.

Unfortunately was only able to spend an evening in this beautiful city, but even that is just enough time to appreciate it!

Enjoyed my stay at Avenue Guest House. My friend and I had the room on the top floor, with a double and a twin bed. Good sized room and bathroom, bright and comfortable, simple decor, very clean. Tea, coffee and biscuits in the room. Good wifi reception.

The breakfast room is absolutely lovely. White, bright, high ceilings and overlooking the backyard with pretty flowers. Very nice breakfast options, including smoked salmon. The home baked scones were delicious!

Location is pretty good as well - about 5-10 minute walk from Queen's University and a good 15-20 minutes from the city center.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 October 2012

Loved our stay in Belfast at this lovely B & B. Alice (and Terry) were not only consummate hosts - friendly, great breakfasts in a beautiful dining room, lots of information re where to visit, providing a bright, clean room, affordable prices, access to wireless, lots of channels on tv, comfortable and spacious shared lounge, but Alice was also instrumental in tracking down our lost-for-a-day camera at the local police station, going so far as to drive my husband there to pick it up! She even offered to have me visit her doctor when I came down with a bad chest cold. These hosts go above and beyond their required duties, that's for sure. Thank you Alice and Terry!

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple