“Best Belfast Guest House”
Review of Avenue Guest House

Avenue Guest House
Ranked #4 of 50 Belfast B&B and Inns
Reviewed 5 July 2013

My husband and I stayed her two nights In June, 2013. Alyce put us in the top room which was a bit of a climb but absolutely beautifully appointed. It was full of light, and the bed was very comfortable. Breakfast was outstanding, and Alyce is extremely friendly and helpful. Highly recommend this guest house.

Room Tip: If you don't mind climbing stairs, the top room is lovely.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Calley09
There are newer reviews for Avenue Guest House

Reviewed 19 June 2013

I stayed at the Avenue for one night when attending a work reunion. Having looked for a low cost hotel and their adverts about £39.00 rooms, the actual cost was in excess of £70.00 for any of them.

A Google search for Belfast Guest Houses resulted in the Avenue and I was persuaded by it's rating on Tripadvisor. I booked on-line at £50.00 b&b. On arrival, I was shown to my room, which had a double and single beds and was really spacious, taking in two bay windows right across the front of the house.

The level of decoration is just as good as any 4 Star hotel and the facilities included a 32 inch TV with DVD player and a fridge. Most guest houses and hotels have good televisions these days, but many have poor ariels attached to them resulting in a limited choice of channels. This is not the case at the Avenue and there really wasn't anything that could have made my stay more enjoyable.

Breakfast the following morning was just as good with cereal and a cooked breakfast with plenty of toast and excellent coffee. On occasions when I have an overnight in Belfast, I'll not be looking anywhere else!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Stuart C
Reviewed 14 June 2013

There were 4 of us in our group and we booked 2 rooms for 3 nights. The rooms were both very charming, clean, and quiet. The breakfasts were delicious, with lots of choices. The Inn itself was ideally located to getting around Belfast. The owner was very friendly and helpful. We would definitely stay here again in future visits.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank rlilla
Reviewed 25 May 2013

A perfect option in Belfast, walking distance to downtown and Queens University area. Our room was large and clean with a very comfortable bed. The full breakfast was cooked to order and very tasty. Our hostess Alice was very pleasant and helpful. There are lots of options for dinner in The area. Do not hesitate to stay here as you won't be disappointed!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Jeff P
Reviewed 20 May 2013

This was my 2nd trip to Belfast but 1st stay at Avenue Guesthouse and I wish
that we had found it sooner. Everything was perfect!
Our bedroom was really comfortable and warm with free wifi etc. The great price included
full breakfast options - we both had the smoked salmon and scrambled eggs
each morning - such a treat! Alice was really helpful with suggestions on
what to see and where to eat etc.

We really appreciated the fact that there are no "hidden" extras and we will
certainly stay here again on our next trip to Belfast.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Clare G
Reviewed 6 March 2013

The Avenue Guest House was a great place for a solo traveler, beautiful clean room, filling breakfast made to order, and Alice booked my Causeway tour and taxi to airport. Felt very comfortable in Belfast staying here. Walked to City Center, about 20 minutes, and the Palm House at the Botanical Garden is very near. Restaurants and grocery stores nearby. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: I had the single room at the top of the stairs in the back, very quiet!
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank PhillyRobyn
Reviewed 25 February 2013

I stayed at the Avenue for one night as I was visiting my daughter for the weekend who is a student at Queens. Excellent location, round the corner on to Lisburn road which has great choice of shops and restaurants. Beautful , clean room and a warm welcome from Alice. Will definitely stay here again on my next visit.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled solo