“Very friendly staff”

Benedicts of Belfast
Ranked #5 of 45 Hotels in Belfast
Reviewed 20 June 2012

We booked Benedicts because my partner had some fond memories from years ago and it turned that we had made a good choice. Very good value for money. The staff is friendly and helpful. The rooms are clean.
Some TripAdvisor users comment on the noise but to be honest it did not borthered me since I have tolerance for people that enjoy themselves.
We had a room with what looked like a small balkany but unfortunately the door was locked so we cannot really get use of it. I think it was the only room that had such a feature.
Parking arrangements are not great since a public multistorey car park is used but we managed.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (1,607)

Reviewed 19 June 2012

Stayed at Benedicts for the weekend in April, Great hotel, a little noisy Fri and Sat night but not problem for us, Our room on the third floor was far enough away no to be problem
Our room was lovely- clean, spaious and the bathroom nice and also clean and the staff were very friendly and helpfull.The breakfast was hearty and quiet I think we were the only guests up am!
The bar downstairs was also good we ate there in the Fri afternoon it was good pleantyfull and cheap, loads of bars and eateries around and s short walk to the city center.
We had a wonderfull weekend my advice would be go to Belfast take your walking shoes, see The Titanic have a few drinks and stay ant Benedicts Hotel!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 June 2012

This is my second stay at Benedicts, the first time was New Years Eve and recently for a hen weekend. I would definitely be back.
We arrived early on the Saturday and staff were more that helpful to allow us to check in, excellent service from staff.
The rooms are very modern, clean and decor is lovely. The beds are very comfortable and spacious. We also had dinner at the hotel the service was speedy and food was delicious.
We also had cocktail making as part of a surprise for the hen, love this idea and the cocktails are yummy, we got one completmentAry and then the bridal party got to make one we wanted.
On the Saturday evening the bar was packed and the music was suitable for all ages, also on the Sunday there was a live band with plenty of atmosphere and craic.
The location is approx 5minutes from the shops and city centre, I feel that the hotel is in a good location when the club is over, the streets are quite and there is no loud music.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 18 June 2012

Just got back last Sunday from Belfast and what a great weekend.Booked this hotel back in February for my 40th. We got into Belfast early Saturday morning and only expected to drop our cases off as it was only 10.30am and check in was not untill 3pm however Anna the receptionist gave us a very warm welcome and said she would do her best to have our room ready sooner.Anna gave us directions to the ulster museum and told us of other sights within walking distance of the hotel, and told me she would call when the room was ready, one hour later it was ready.we stayed in one of the delux rooms and it was beautiful everything and more than what we had expected.This hotel has everything good location, excellent restaurant ,great bar and above all GREAT STAFF. Some big hotels could really learn from these people.Big thanks for a great weekend will be back soon.

• Stayed: June 2012
Reviewed 15 June 2012

I've stayed at Benedicts before, and made them my first choice for a return 2 night trip. Beware of stag and hen groups and general noise on Friday and Saturday nights. Staying in Room 207/208(?) the wall behind your bed backs onto the pub/nightclub, so you will hear disco noise till late. We moved to 318 for the second night which was a lovely room. The second floor rooms have hard wood floors, the third floor rooms are carpeted - we preferred this and it may have contributed to the quieter night. When we asked to move rooms the staff moved our bags for us as we were out all day, & left us a chilled bottle of prosecco by way of an apology. Very comfortable beds. Edwina on Reception was especially helpful. Helpful local advice.
Our first room had an open window on arrival & 2 annoying flies. Reception delivered fly spray quickly.
Breakfast - ample & homely cooking. Coffee average.
A gift card for free drink(s) in bar on arrival.
Appreciated that late check-out charge refunded as not used.

Room Tip: Third floor rooms are quieter & carpeted. [Wooden floors on second floor.]
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank London_E14
Reviewed 14 June 2012

We stayed in Benedicts for a family wedding in August 2011 for 3 nights. My partner and I were in an executive bedroom on the third floor. It was very spacious and comfortable. The bed was huge and the nicest one I have ever slept in. The spa bath was a nice touch! The staff were all extremely friendly, we couldn't fault any of them. The food in the restaurant was absolutely lovely, we had breakfast and dinner there for the duration of our stay (very unusual for me as I prefer to try different places), and a year later are still talking about it!

Benedicts accommodation is on the upper floors of a bar and nightclub, which is the only reason that I did not give the hotel 5 stars. as although it wasn't an issue for us, some people might be bothered about the late night noise outside. The location was very good, just outside the city centre.

Overall a wonderful stay, and if I return to Belfast I will definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: If you feel that the noise from downstairs may be an issue for you, try and get a room at the back o...
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 June 2012

Our first trip to Northern Ireland and we stayed 2 nights at the Benedicts Hotel,Anna was extremely pleasant. The whole place was clean and very welcoming. The the bed was comftable and large the rest of the room was so homely and lovely and warm.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple