“Nice stay in Belfast”

Ranked #4 of 44 Hotels in Belfast
Ireland
“Nice stay in Belfast”
Reviewed 1 November 2013

Stayed here for two nights. Nicely decorated hotel and we had a spacious room on the third floor. Good breakfast Friendly helpful staff. Comfortable beds and lively bar! ( we were there for halloween) . Liked the complimentary drink voucher for residents. Close to city centre and easy walk. NO on site parking but they have a deal with a local car park 5 mins away. Recommended

Room Tip: Higher floor means less street noise (lively pub across the road)
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Dermot C

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (255)
Reviewed 30 October 2013 via mobile

This hotel offers great accommodation at great prices with great food, atmosphere and service. Lively bar attached which stays open late so be aware of this when booking.
We could not have asked for anything more during our two night stay.
One thing less would have been nice though... Both nights at around 6am there was the sound of furniture being moved around (I suspect in the restaurant on the floor below). This was not overly appreciated although it did not wake my wife (she sleeps thru most things).
Otherwise I cannot fault our stay and would go back tomorrow.

Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Brighton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 October 2013

Just stayed for one night but I was overwhelmed by the standard of customer service, I don't believe I've ever experienced such friendly, helpful and lovely staff in a hotel anywhere.

The room was spotlessly clean and the bed was extremely comfy with high quality bed linen. This is also a really fun place to stay with a great atmosphere, I just loved it.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Rome, Italy
Reviewed 30 October 2013 via mobile

Booked this hotel on the recommendation of a local who had eaten at the restaurant, and we were delighted! The room was a great size and an extra bed was provide for our 10 year old, the staff were helpful, courteous and pleasant. The evening meal was excellent and at very reasonable price, and breakfast was cooked to order. Car parking is at the local NCP car park 5 minutes up the road (£8 for 24hrs if your a hotel guest) but there is a pay and display outside the hotel which is handy whilst you check in and drop of your baggage. It is about 15 minutes walk into the main shops and less than £4 to get a taxi back out. The room was very (too) warm and we could hear the music from the bar on the 3rd floor, but otherwise it was excellent and we will be back.

Stayed October 2013
Noosa, Australia
Reviewed 25 October 2013 via mobile

Spent 1 night at Benedict's. Checkin staff were helpful enough. Nothing over the top. Hotel had a lift. However no one had mentioned that they were doing renovation work right outside our hotel room. Was a bit noisy all afternon but the workman were friendly enough about it. We understand that hotels have to do renovations but think we should have been told about them when we checked in.

Room was adequate. Had a window which opened and a double pane of glass to keep the noise out. Very dark in the room and also in the bathroom. Twin room had single and double bed. Room had a safe and bottled water and the local newspaper. Bathroom had shower over bath.

Would probably not stay here again as we did not like Belfast much and hotel is a little far away from the central attractions.

Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
London
Reviewed 25 October 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for one night, couldn't have experienced better customer service. Very friendly and helpful staff. I forgot my phone charger and the lady on reception had one delivered to my room within 5 mins! I read a review from a gent who stayed at the Merchant and the charged him for the same service!

Free Wi-Fi and and a complimentary drink for us in the bar. Also had very nice food in the restaurant. Highly recommend and stay here.

Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank RickySD
Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed 24 October 2013

This was a lovely return to Belfast for me. I was last there in 1992 and I'm so very glad I stayed at Benedict's. Right from the very start, the staff was wonderful. I arrived early so they held my bags and the lovely woman behind the desk (I wish I got her name) was so helpful. I told her I wanted to take a Black Cab tour and she arranged it so I could go while I waited for my room to be ready. And when I got in, I saw that I was able to get an upgrade on my room. The room was lovely. The bed was super comfy. Meanwhile, the bar is beautiful. I had breakfast twice and dinner once at the restaurant...again, wonderfully friendly people. I wish I had been there longer!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo