“Awful - very unfriendly, unhelpful staff especially doormen at weekends”

Benedicts of Belfast
Ranked #4 of 47 Hotels in Belfast
Reviewed 30 June 2014

Terrible, would not recommend going anywhere near this place! Awful doormen, searching handbags, refusing people entry just because they didn't like them or they weren't glammed up enough even refused two guys entry while I was there because they had suits on and were too drunk, load of rubbish!! The doormen think they are somebody...even refused to let the duty manager let our group in!!!! I thought those days in Northern Ireland had gone but I was left feeling (and still am) very shook up about being bullied by the staff in such a way. Do not go there!!!!! Go spend your money somewhere else in Belfast!!! Before this weekend I would have ate there, stayed there, recommended the carvery, the champagne Sundays the nightlife but not anymore!!! My friends and family and colleagues will not be back and its all down to the doormen!!!!!!!!

19  Thank Claire S
Write a ReviewReviews (1,631)

Reviewed 29 June 2014

We were welcomed by Anna at reception who advised us we had a free room upgrade as it was our wedding anniversary
As there we as no onsite parking Anna gave my husband a printed guide to the recommended parking area + told us parking rates
She then gave us a token for our first drink free in the bar
We booked bed breakfast & evening meal & we have to say food was excellent, as were every member of staff we met
Entertainment that night was a disco from9-10 pm then a band the Untouchables who were "great craic" as we say in Ireland
Breakfast next morning was first class
We will definitely return
Well Done + thanks to Management & Staff at Benedicts

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank DerryCityWeekenders
Reviewed 29 June 2014

I'm just back from having my sisters hen party in the lovely benedicts hotel. The staff are something else from checking in to walking out the door, they couldn't do enough for us. Rooms were fantastic and very roomy & comfortable. The food in this hotel is out of this world usual hotel meal deal options are just regal set menus but here you get to choose from the whole menu (including steak) which is absolutely beautiful. Very lively bar unstairs & down with live music and a great atmosphere. I had organised the cocktail making class and it was the best of crack, it got everyone involved and bryan the man doing it was so helpful with any questions we had. We loved every second of our experience here There was 18 in our group and every single person said they would definitely be back. Couldn't of asked for better. Only a short 10 mins walk too all the famous shopping centres in Belfast. Nothing was too much trouble for the staff and they got involved in the crack with us. Andrew the manager is such a gentleman he couldn't go out of his way enough for us. Would definitely recommend this hotel with out a dought & we all cannot wait to come back.!
The buncrana hen headers

Reviewed 28 June 2014

Visited Belfast from America with my best friend who is from The Republic of Ireland! Fabulous room , comfy beds and amazingly tasty upscale food ! Fantastic price and the staff were very nice and helpful ! We would deffinatly stay again and will tell everyone we know when in Belfast if they dont choose Benedicts they are only hurting themselves!

Room Tip: No tips needed , Benedicts for us will always be a notch above the rest!
Reviewed 25 June 2014

From start to finish this was a lovely break. The staff are some of the most friendly I've ever encountered and I travel a lot. Very comfortable bed and the food is second to none in this fantastic hotel. I look forward to my return.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 24 June 2014 via mobile

I recently visited the restaurant at Benedicts with my family to celebrate an engagement. I was very pleased with the way out party of 8 were kept separate from the main part of the restaurant as there was children with us and this suited perfectly. The service was quick and efficient and the food was of a good standard. Matteo, one of the restaurant supervisors, took very good care of us throughout the night with his attention to the children and the obvious interest he showed in his job.

Stayed: June 2014
Reviewed 21 June 2014

We stayed two nights and would definitely recommend the hotel as a nice place to stay while in Belfast. The staff was nice and helpful. The restaurant food was reasonably good, and they had 3 vegetarian options, which is more than most hotels. The downstairs bar however was extremely loud and could be easily heard from our room. At 1 am techno music was still vibrating through the hotel.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family