“Nice hotel that is a very good value”

Benedicts of Belfast
Ranked #5 of 45 Hotels in Belfast
Reviewed 24 August 2010

The staff at Benedict's was great. Thanks particularly to Dona for her friendly assistance in getting us in. We arrived early and they arranged our room while we had lunch in the bar (food was very good with really friendly wait staff). The room itself was clean, though there was an unexplained wet spot on the rug. We were exhausted from our trans-Atlantic bus ride (courtesy of US Airways - really can they get any worse) and slept quite a bit in the comfortable bed. The location of the hotel is central and is within easy walking distance to the "hip" part of town. Would recommend this for anyone looking for a great deal in a good location. Be warned, though, you will need to sleep with the windows closed as the bar noise is pretty loud. This was not a problem for us because it was 50 degrees F out that night.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 23 August 2010

Near the city centre, they have an arrangement with a car park nearby (7 pounds for 24 hours), so you can leave your car there. Very comfortable beds and nice staff. Only breakfast was not such a high standard: presentation was poor and food was just average. However, we liked this hotel and would stay here again. Good value for money.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 August 2010

I'm a world traveler, usually in hotels of the highest luxury, because of my job. But when I travel with family I must look for that special hotel for a reasonable price, because we need so many rooms. Stepping inside off the street it's not immediately apparent what a gem this hotel really is. You start to get your hopes up when you're greeted by the sweetest staff, ready to help at the drop of a hat. We got an early check-in for some of the rooms that were ready and they gladly stored all luggage in those rooms so we could get on with our plans for the day. The rooms are very, very nice. Newly, stylishly, decorated. The beds and linen were heavenly. The pillows perfect. The rooms very immaculately clean. Yummy biscuits and tea and coffee were in the room with a hot pot. The rooms couldn't have been more comfortable. The restaurant was fabulous! Great food, variety and wonderful staff. Think we paid about 99 euros per night. The best value of our summer vacation.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with family
3  Thank SafariGirlie
Reviewed 30 July 2010

I stayed here with my parents and sister in April 2010 for four nights. We had never been to Belfast before and I'd read the reviews on here about Benedicts and decided that it looked like a good place to stay - the reviews were right.

It is ideally located within the city and it takes only a 10 minute walk to be right i the centre of Belfast. The rooms were lovely and very roomy and clean. We ate the first night in their restuarant which was very busy and had a great buzz about it. It was easy to see why as the food was good and very reasonably priced.

We ate breakfast in the hotel every day and it was delicious and the staff were extremely accomodating. The front desk staff were also very helpful and tried hard to help us book a trip to the nearby theatre but it was sold out.

We found an Italian called Speranza just up from the hotel - this is an excellent place to eat and we ate there 2 nights in a row. I would definitely recommend eating here.

The parking is not at the hotel but at a mulit-storey about 5 minutes walk away. The car was perfectly safe there and it was easy to get to and the rate was good.

All in all a great experience.

• Stayed: April 2010
1  Thank Shegalah
Reviewed 29 July 2010

This hotel is excellent, we stayed in several hotels in Ireland and this represented the best value for money. The room was large with comfortable beds (maybe a little too soft for my liking but thats just me!), complementary bottled water, tea and coffee making facilities, free wifi, and all the usual things you would expect. We did not hear any noise from within the hotel or from outside even with the window open. We found staff very friendly and helpful.
The hotel itself is nicely decorated and has much more character than most, but this pales into insignificance compared to the amazing restaurant and bar that are incorporated into the hotel, they are both neo gothic in their design and are well worth a visit (especially with the complimentary free drink voucher provided at check in for use in the bar). In addition to the amazing surroundings the restaurant serves the tastiest food we experienced in Ireland, and that is saying something as the standard of food was very high anyway. If you go in before 7pm the food is priced at the time you ordered it on their beat the clock deal (ie order at 6pm your food will cost £6), which makes it exceptional value. The breakfast was very nice and my husband said the traditional irish was the best he'ed had on the holiday, I had a fruit bowl and freshly prepared smoothie - very nice! This is in addition to the usual cold buffet provided.
The only disadvantage to this hotel is the lack of parking facilities, a discount is provided on a local car park making it £7 for 24 hours but it was about a 5-10 minutes walk away, however dont let this put you off.
I would definately reccommend this hotel.

1  Thank WGreen74
Reviewed 21 July 2010

My partner and I stayed here for 1 night as part of a short trip around Northern Ireland.

Transfer
A taxi from City Airport was 12Euros one way.

Location
The Hotel is about a 15 minute walk to the Centre of Belfast.
There are pubs and restaurants close to the Hotel and are quite reasonable as it's the student area. There's a cash machine over the road.

Hotel
The Hotel looks great inside, especially the bar and restaurant.

Room
Our room was nice, quite large compared to most. Had Tea & coffee facilities, complimentary bottled water, TV, safe, toiletries. The bed was comfortable.

Food / Drink
The Irish breakfast was OK, there was a small cold buffet aswell.
The bar that's joint to the hotel was good and we got a complimentary drink each as part of our stay.

Staff
The staff were friendly, able to answer any questions.

Misc
- If you’re interested in seeing the sights then I would definitely recommend a Black Taxi Tour. We booked with a guy called Ken Harper, he showed us the political side (Shankhill Rd, Falls Rd), the general sights of Belfast and the Dockyards. It lasted about 2 and a half hours and was £50 which I thought was well worth it.
- If you’re on a budget I can recommend a pub called the Morning Star (just off the high street) which does a £5 hot lunch buffet which was great value for money.

Overall
If you are staying in Belfast I would definitely recommend this Hotel, it maybe a fair walk from the centre but it's really good value for money and has a great bar.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Benjamin_S
Reviewed 18 July 2010

My Husband & I booked a 1 night stay (17/07/10) including breakfast & evening dinner for our anniversary. The executive room was beautifuly decorated & the size of the bed was enormous. We could not hear any noise from outside when the windows were closed.The food in the restaurant is to die for I could not fault anything & the staff could not do enough for you. Also having the entertainment in the hotel you didn't need to leave it.I live a few miles from this hotel & would highly recommend it to anyone.It is also very reasonably priced. Again ,as I've already said the food is excellent. Try it for yourself ,you won't be disappointed. Our stay here was perfect & we will definately stay again very soon.
Mrs Wilson