“Great stay, tasty breakfast!”
Review of Tara Lodge

Tara Lodge
Ranked #1 of 44 Hotels in Belfast
Reviewed 20 November 2013

I was "along for the ride" on this one and showed up at Tara Lodge on our first night in Belfast with no set expectations. We got parking in the courtyard (score!), excellent service and really enjoyed how close it was to the shops, attractions and night life.

The breakfast is outstanding - everything tasted great, the staff were attentive and I kept asking my wife if it was really included in the room.

The beds were among the most comfortable we had on our trip. We'd definitely stay at Tara Lodge again!

Room Tip: Rooms facing the street could be noisier - we were there for Halloween which was probably a bit high...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends

Reviewed 17 November 2013

I stayed here 2 nights last week with my boyfriend after seeing it was no. 1 on Tripadvisor. It was very nice and in a good location if you are visiting Queens. The staff were very helpful and Tara Lodge is a very comfortable place to stay. If you are on a shopping break then it is at least a 15minute walk to the main central shopping area in the city.

We had booked a deluxe room but when we checked in I don't think the room was delux. (rm 12) It was just a standard room, (no GHDs as other reviews said :( ). However, I didn't complain or mention it in reception as the room we were in was still nice and clean and warm and I was happy enough and we didn't get charged in the bill at the end I think... Still we weren't informed on booking that it was unavailable.

I still had a very nice stay, breakfast was delicious, I recommend the porridge with honey and banana or berry compote, very nourishing!

Room Tip: Room 12 has a nice view of a tree lined avenue with a church and steeple at the end, very pretty in...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
NoraDouds, General Manager at Tara Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 18 November 2013

Dear Nicola S

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us at Tara Lodge. I’m delighted that you enjoyed your stay; from the helpful staff to the nice view from your room. I can see that you have become a fan of our breakfast chef’s famous ‘Power Porridge’! It certainly is a healthy, filling start to the day as many of our guests have commented previously.

Our location just off Botanic is just 3 minutes away from plenty of bars, cafes and restaurants and as you say, only 15 minutes from the main city centre. At this of year the Christmas continental market comes to Belfast City Hall, just 10 minutes walk away – it’s always worth a visit.

Just to confirm you were allocated a Deluxe Double room with all the facilities you would need from tea and coffee facilities, to a DVD player, to an iron and ironing board. The GHDs, Nespresso coffee machine and IPod docking station are offered as extras in our Signature rooms only. I’m sorry you were disappointed but I’m delighted that you still found your Deluxe room comfortable, clean and warm.

Next time you can contact us directly to make sure you get the GHDs!

Kind Regards

Nora Douds
Tara Lodge
Belfast

Reviewed 16 November 2013

The Tara Lodge is on a quiet street off Botanic Avenue (which is one of the main studenty streets, full of pubs and restaurants) near Queen's University. The hotel is very close to Botanic railway station (which itself is a journey of just a few minutes from the central rail stations and from Sydenham station for BHD airport). The hotel seems quite plain and corporate, but what is really outstanding is the level of service - everybody I dealt with went out of their way to help me, including putting together an excellent continental breakfast at 5.45am, as I was leaving town on an early flight. The room was immaculate, with some nice touches - bath salts, biscuits, very large bed. My only quibbles were that I seemed to be unable to connect to WiFi in my room, but this wasn't a big deal for me as I was only in town for a few hours, and that I couldn't get a beer late at night in my room (although that's probably a good thing). The hotel arranged an early morning taxi for me and chased it up when it was 1 minute late. I'll definitely return to the hotel next time I'm on business in Belfast.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 November 2013

After staying at Tara Lodge during my last visit to Belfast and was happy with it I decided to return.
Tara Lodge just goes from strength to strength. From Ciara at reception to the team at breakfast we where made to feel very welcome. Comfy, cosy, clean rooms and breakfast is just divine from their soda bread soldiers to their fry, pancakes, bread basket and coffee.
PERFECT LOCATION and excellent value for money.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 November 2013

My wife and I stayed for one night at the Tara Lodge this week and the experience was excellent. The staff are very friendly and efficient, the room was exceptionally spotless and well presented, the reception area and hallways were spotless. The breakfast is as good as I have experienced on any trip in the UK or worldwide, Colin who served breakfast was great, he knew when to turn up with fresh coffee when I needed it without been asked and was very friendly.

Room Tip: All rooms are excellent.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 November 2013

Best service I've ever received at a Hotel. The staff was always available to make my stay more comfortable. The breakfasts were fantastic. Located in a very nice area with plenty of restaurants and things to do. No better place to stay when in Belfast.

Room Tip: Though I didn't see all of the rooms, the area was quiet and I doubt there are any bad rooms
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 November 2013

5 stars, not because it can compete with the Hilton, but because the facilities, food and staff were excellent. Stayed for one night in one of their better rooms. The room was well appointed, modern and very clean. The staff could not have been more helpful and advised us where to go in Belfast and booked a tour for us with no problems whatsoever. The breakfast the following morning is 5 star cook up! The location of Tara Lodge is about 10 minutes walk from the city centre, or a cheap cab ride. The train station is one minute away. We would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: Don't be too concerned about whether to stay in the main or the annex - both look equally good...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple