“Well worth a visit”
Review of Tara Lodge

Tara Lodge
Ranked #1 of 44 Hotels in Belfast
Reviewed 7 December 2013

The Tara Lodge is an excellent place to stay, clean, luxurious, quiet. The rooms are beautiful. The breakfast is very good. Central location, with a short walk to the city centre. The staff are very friendly, the only down side was trying to find a parking space close by.

Room Tip: We stayed in the annex and the rooms were lovely and quiet.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank CountyDownRooster

Reviewed 6 December 2013

Stayed here for 3 nights and was very satisfied with the hotel .It is located in an area full of one bed apartment flats in old victorian houses which spoils your first impression of the place but don't let it put you off.
Our room looked onto the street and on one night we had some noise from late night revellers/students .The room was good,clean,small but a decent size with a really comfortable bed ,good bathroom ,iron ,coffeee and tea etc.There are rooms at the back which overlook a small railway station.
Only breakfast is served and it was a very good menu with table service .The waiters were excellent ,friendly and attentive.All the staff were like this. There is no bar but each floor had a small lounge area if you wanted to escape the room
The location is just right as you can get a bus to the city centre at the end of the road ,£1.40. There are plenty of shops,cafes,take aways and restaurants on Botanic avenue or a short 10 minute walk takes you to the city centre.The local railway station ,Botanic avenue ,is at the end of the road very convient for the hotel.
There is limited parking in the hotel but free on street parking around the hotel .This fills up early in the morning but starts to clear after 6 pm.
Would certainly go back.

Room Tip: Try to get one of the de luxe rooms as they are slightly bigger ,not sure if a room at the back migh...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 December 2013

The breakfast (power porridge!) in the lovely dining room was a really terrific and filling start to our day. All of the staff is very friendly and helpful so top marks there.

The room was small but comfortable with nice toiletries and a good TV with channel selection. We didn't spend much time in the room since the central city is an easy walk away and was buzzing with activity on a Saturday night. Lots of places to eat and shop all very close by (walking distance).

Good WiFi, great shower with very hot water and good pressure and enjoyed the nice quality toiletries and very cozy towels and bed linens. Overall the room was very clean and comfortable.

A couple of disappointments were the off street parking - we arrived around 3 p.m. and already the small lot was completely full. On street parking was easy and close, but not what we had expected. Also, we booked the room about 6 months in advance, and then one week before received an email that the hotel was fully booked and that our room would be in the annex (which I gather from other reviews are inferior rooms, though I have no basis for comparison). So perhaps this is because so many people had arrived on Friday and we arrived Saturday, but I would have thought that the early booking would have helped to secure a better room. We don't have a lot of luggage and are young and healthy, so the annex stairs were not a problem but I can see how it might not be suitable for others (I think we were also very lucky that our fellow annex guests were quiet and respectful, but I can see how noise could be a factor at times).

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 December 2013 via mobile

To say I'm in shock is an understatement!
I booked this hotel through booking.com as I have been booking hotels through them for years.
As always I chose the more expensive option of book now, pay later. I chose the field on booking.com to pay with cash on arrival of hotel as my credit card is merely a payzone top up card.
Less than 10 minutes later I got an email stating "Dear Ms. Ryan,

Thank you for booking with Tara Lodge.

Unfortunately the card details used to secure your booking have been declined. This may because the details provided are incorrect. would appreciate if you would provide alternative details or contact me to confirm credit card details given. "
After emailing my phone number I got no call & had to ring where I spoke to Sharon, this was the lady that also sent the email!
She assured me that since I didn't have a credit card that cash on arrival should be ok. She would have to clear this with management first. They contacted me this morning and stated to secure the booking I needed to pay first.
I have traveled to Belfast many times before and have never experienced this before!!

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank sarahr89
NoraDouds, General Manager at Tara Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 13 December 2013

Dear Ms. Ryan

I am honestly completely bewildered by your review. At each and every interaction with you, both my receptionist and I were polite, professional and as helpful as we were allowed to be. I am puzzled by your outrage – surely we should be allowed to safeguard our livelihood through our policies, none of which are unreasonable.

All of us at Tara Lodge hope to ensure that our each and every one of our customers receive excellent customer service from the point of booking to departure with all of our current policies unchanged.

Kind Regards

Nora Douds
Tara Lodge
Belfast

Reviewed 1 December 2013

We stayed at this hotel for one night, the check in was fast and staff were extremely helpful and friendly. The room was very clean and pleasant, we got exactly what we paid for. Breakfast was lovely, although a little busy. We stayed in the annex which was noisy so didn't get much sleep, would definitely return, but would pay extra and stat in main building.

Excellent location, easy walking distant into city centre shops etc. close to botanic train station. Highly recommended. Thanks for a fab stay.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 December 2013 via mobile

Just back from a relaxing stay at Tara lodge, we went for the sweet heart package for a £150 which I felt was overpriced.
When we arrived we were warmly welcomed, room was nice and cosy a perfect size, the only problem with the room's is you can hear people outside or across the corridor and even the bathroom above us, also the shower isn't great but these are are small faults and didn't ruin our stay.
The lodge is perfectly located to explore the city either by foot or catch a taxi which will cost about £4.
There are a number of nice restaurant's and bars within 5 minutes walk from the lodge.
The breakfast menu is brilliant and delicious, would we stay here again? Absolutely!

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 November 2013

Two nights. It was a very large room (#35) in the Annex. Although no elevator, Dave (night manager) took our bags up. The beds were so comfortable. A separate desk (for laptop) as well as another table with 2 chairs were welcome. Lots of space for luggage. Breakfast was wonderful. The staff was most helpful with transportation suggestions. Belfast is a wonderful place to visit -- so much history and culture -- great traditional Irish music. As we like to walk, we did to the centre. Lots of local restaurants nearby and in the city.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple