“Great small hotel!”

Ranked #1 of 43 Hotels in Belfast
Toronto, Canada
“Great small hotel!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 May 2010

Great small hotel in a nice part of the city. Lots of restaurants & pubs in the area and still only a short walk downtown. Great rooms, staff & breakfast.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (370)
  • Finnish first
Plymouth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 May 2010

Needing to travel quite extensively around the UK I have stayed in many hotels from the cheap and cheerful to the expensive and supposedly luxurious. Firstly I would like to say that the room I stayed in was EXACTLY like the photo in your advertisements which is something I cannot say for other hotels I have stayed in. Although I have not been to Northern Ireland before, this hotel was placed within easy walking distance of the shops and centre to explore on the Thursday evening after I arrived. There were plenty of restaurants and food outlets for lunch or an evening meal.

The breakfast at the hotel was particularly enjoyable. Attentive but not overbearing waiter service and delicious food from a lovely range of options on the menu. I only had about 15 minutes that morning to eat, but the food arrived quickly and was of excellent quality. The breakfast area was comfortable and not too quiet like some hotels!

Now, to the room I stayed in. How lovely to have lots of cushions on the bed, and a soft carpet to walk on, and a bath as well as shower! The room was spacious. The desk particularly useful for all my business papers. To have a selection of TV channels was also a treat.

During my travels, especially to London, the hotels are often overpriced and only average in quality and comfort. Or the cheaper rooms are often quite terrible.

For the price I paid for the room in your hotel, I can honestly say that I have not stayed anywhere else that would match in comfort, style, location and quality.

Thank you to your reception staff who were quite polite to me when I got lost trying to find my room! Also about booking me a taxi at the unearthly time of 5.45 am the following morning. I stayed with you for 2 nights and if I get a chance will certainly be coming back. I shall recommend you to others.

By the way, your hotel was recommended to me by the organisation I was visiting, only 5 minutes from you, called Volunteer Now. I thanked them and said much the same about how much I enjoyed my stay.

Thank you again to you all.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank SarahB5121
Wolves
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 May 2010

I found Tara Lodge to be an excellent choice and would certainly stay there again. The rooms are very modern, trendy and extremely comfy (especially the bed!). All of the staff were welcoming and very helpful but 'Ricky' in particular looked after us beautifully. Nice breakfast choice.Great selection of bars and restaurants within walking distance and you can get to the city centre no bother. All in all I couuld not fault anything and I have travelled greatly!

• Stayed April 2010, travelled with family
Kilrea
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 May 2010

Tara lodge is a little hard to find if you are driving yourself (sat nav very useful).
when we arrived we were greeted by freindly effecient member of staff, the hotel was warm and welcoming finished to a very high standard. Our room was on the first floor to the front, it was very well appointed with every thing you could need. The room was realy clean and finised in a modern style, the bed was huge and I have to say the most comfortable i have slept in did not want to get up. the breakfast menu is very extensive offering lots of opitions, the staff were very attentive offering loads of top ups tea or coffee. The hotel is situated close to great bars and restaurants no need for a taxi.
A great hotel, great location, great price, and most enjoyable stay will definately be using again.

kilrea
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2010

i can't remember ever lying in a bed as comfortable as that ,i didn't want to get up the next morning.the staff were friendly and helpful,the breakfast was first class.location wise ,a ten min stroll will take you into town,although there are plenty of bars and restaurants on the doorstep.very reasonably priced,i fully intend to return for my next stay in belfast.

toronto. canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2010

We really enjoyed our stay at Tara Lodge. Everyone was really friendly and helpful. The rooms were good, the food was good. Belfast was really a great city to visit.
Thanks
Dorete and Family

• Stayed April 2010, travelled with family
Donegal Town
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2010

good hotel for a good nites sleep not much goin on ther tho u have to go down town for the nite out

• Stayed March 2010, travelled as a couple