“thoroughly enjoyable”

Ranked #8 of 49 Belfast B&B and Inns
Galway, Ireland
“thoroughly enjoyable”
Reviewed 5 May 2011

I stayed in Maranatha House while visiting Belfast City and it was nothing but a truly enjoyable experience. The service was flawless, both Elizabeth and Marion were friendly, helpful, accommodating and met the needs of the visitor over and above. The guest house itself was modern, clean and the rooms were more than comfortable; they were spacious with a sizeable en-suite catering for both I a solo traveller and suitable also for a family. The breakfast menu was more than sufficient to start the day and again the service was impeccable. I thoroughly enjoyed my experience at Maranatha House and it is one I will repeat in the near future!

• Stayed April 2011, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Lincoln, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 April 2011

I stayed with my sister at the 2 bedroom Apartment that this guest house also lets just 3/4 doors down the road.
Although we had to walk to the actual guest house if we wanted the included breakfast, I have to say it was well worth it, I believe it was Marion(?) who greeted us and cooked each morning, a credit to this guest house, outstanding food and a lovely lady.
I did use the facilities in one of the single rooms in the guest house and it looked very clean and perfectly adequate for the single traveler.
The apartment that was let to us was very nice indeed lounge/diner/kitchen, 2 bedrooms (1x Double and 1x Twin), standard bathroom with electric shower over bath. Flat screen TV in the lounge, and all equipment that you would find in a standard kitchen ..washer/fridge-freezer, microwave etc etc.
Although a busy road outside and under a flight path, you really can't hear a thing from them as the soundproofing is excellent, minor irritation were the footsteps from the apartment above.
Great to have parking on your doorstep and not to mention your own front door!, a park across the road, and great location.
All in all, a great place to stay and I wouldn't hesitate to book here again.

• Stayed March 2011
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 17 February 2011

I spent 15 nights on business at Maranatha House and enjoyed my stay. Maranatha has a 2 bedroom apartment around the corner from the main house. The apartment is ideal for extended stays, since it has its own kitchen and laundry facilities. It is nearby, clean and quiet. The staff at Maranatha was very responsive and always helpful and makes the best breakfast in town. I was never disappointed and would stay again without hesitation.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled on business
Nova Scotia
Reviewed 6 February 2011

It was our first trip to Belfast, and the Maranatha was perfect for our needs. From the easy and complimentary parking, to the relaxed and easy going nature of the staff, and the great breakfasts, we would certainly recommend this property.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 January 2011

Great room, great location , great staff !! You won't be disappointed here! Very close to Belfast city centre.

• Stayed January 2011
belfast
Reviewed 31 December 2010

Hi,

I was new to UK and the first place i stayed outside my home country too is with Maranatha. The hospitality of the staffs were amazing, really i would like to recommend this guest house for someone who wants to spend few days in Belfast. It is clean ,quiet and secured.

Thanks
Vineetha Mathew

• Stayed August 2010, travelled on business
Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 December 2010

I was looking for a place near home, in East Belfast, as my family - mum and aunties – was coming to Belfast for a long weekend. As soon as I entered this lovely house, I knew they would love the place, warm-classic decoration with a wide dining room for breakfast and a bright leaving room.

The staff was absolutely helpful, showing me the place, the room (with nice a view to the Ormeau Park) and making the booking very easy.
My family fell for the guest house, absolutely adored the cozy well equipped triple room.

They had all they needed, with the bonus of the familiar treat by the friendly staff, who tried hard to speak/understand their Spanish guests. Maranatha was exactly what I was looking for, comfortable, spotless and good price accommodation. My mum asked me to highlight the excellent breakfast they had every morning of their stay, with 5 choices on the menu.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled with family
dennisbree, Owner at Maranatha House, responded to this review, 29 December 2010
Just a quick note to thank you for your kind words. We work hard at Maranatha to ensure that all our guests enjoy their stay and feel well looked after. We thank you again for staying with us and we look forward to having you stay with us again.
Best wishes and happy New Year