“Superb on all levels”

Ranked #7 of 51 Belfast B&B and Inns
Northampton, England, United Kingdom
“Superb on all levels”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 December 2012

Booked in for one night's stay as I was visiting Belfast to watch a rugby match. Chose Maranatha for both the reviews ans the location - 15-20 minutes walk to the city centre, and about the same to Ravenhill rugby ground.

Arrived at about 10.45 on Saturday morning - room wasn't ready but I was able to sit in the lounge area for the half-hour wait (which was great as I was up at 3am to get the flight out!) then checked in and relaxed in the room.

Fantastic room - it was a single, but more than adequate for my needs. Bed was very comfortable, and the bathroom was a huge wet room setup with a large shower area, plenty of hot water and good water pressure as well.

Very courteous staff, polite and helpful - despite having the room on the ground floor, next to the staircase and reception desk, there was little noise to disturb me. After a good stroll around the city centre, I headed back for a brief rest before going to the match. A great result for my team and a cracking night's sleep afterwards!

The breakfast facilities were superb - one of the best in my experience. Many options from standard cereal / toast to the full Ulster Fry - great for recovery after a busy night out - freshly cooked with tea/coffee and fruit juice to accompany it.

I only wish that I'd booked a longer stay, there was only so much exploration of this great city I could fit in on Saturday afternoon and Sunday. If I ever return to Belfast Maranatha will be the first place I look for a room - if they're not fully booked. Honestly I cannot think of a single thing which would cause even a minor complaint.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Longford, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 December 2012 via mobile

Just home from an overnight stay in Maranatha House, fantastic!
The staff were so helpful and eager to make sure you knew where you were going an happy to help out with taxis reservations etc. 15 min slow paced walk from George's market so very handy to get into the city centre.
Stayed in room 4, huge bed so comfy modern clean and the massive telly with free view was a great touch. Very quiet at night so slept like a baby! Then breakfast was so tasty, a lot of choice you wouldn't usually get in a B&B, proper toast, you know what I mean not flashed against the bars of a grill might seem silly to some but I was dead impressed!
If I were to have any negatives and to be honest this is nit picking, pillows could be more full, bit flat and the tea could have been stronger. See what I mean about not picking lol!
Highly recommend this fab hotel like B&B which in my mind is worthy of a 4 star hotel rating.

• Stayed December 2012
Milton Keynes
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 November 2012

My daughter and I stayed at Maranatha House over a weekend in November. Arrived early evening on Friday and Kelly was very pleasant and friendly and immediatey and after showing us to our room on our request got us a taxi so we could get something to eat at a nearby pub. Our room was clean and comfortable as was the rest of the house with little touches that you would not expect, the breakfast was good and plentiful. There was a lounge especially for guests with a homely atmosphere and a laptop and printer for our use. The Maranatha is situated opposite Ormeau Park and a 15 minutes walk over the Albert Bridge into city centre. We found it ideally placed for Belfast and with Kelly's good knowledge of Belfast we found everywhere easily with her instructions and maps she had given us, nothing was too much trouble.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
Andover, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 November 2012

I stayed at Maranatha House for a long weekend, the staff there were lovely and very helpful, telling us all about the area and what to do. Breakfast was delicious and there was lots of choice, the staff in the kitchen even made me a sandwich to take away as I was not hungry but did not want to miss out. The room itself was very nice, we were at the top of the house, the bed was large and very comfortable and clean. The B&B is just outside the town but it is a very walkable distance, generally very good.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
Mayo, Mayo, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 November 2012

I stayed at the Maranatha Guest House with my friend and we were pleasantly surprised. The room was more like a hotel than B&B. Very clean room with all you could need. Kelly, the owner was extremely nice and very helpfull. I had to leave for an appointment the next morning by 7.40am and she got up 1/2hr early to make my breakfast, she even threw in an extra egg as she knew I wouldn't be able eat after my dentist appointment. :-)

• Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
Grimsby, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 October 2012

I really enjoyed my stay at this place. Kelly was very helpful and very knowledgeable of the area for shopping,tours,etc. She called cabs for us, as needed.Brochures of tourist attractions were available in the house. The sitting room was very nice and had a computer and printer for guest use. This was a nice feature, especially when you had to print tickets for events. The breakfast was very good and filled you up until dinner time.The menu had a wide variety to suit anyone. Her kitchen staff was also very nice and helpful. I would reccomend this place to anyone staying in the Belfast area. Ormeau Park is across the street and a very beautiful area for a nice walk. Kelly was very accomodating with all of our needs.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
La Mesa, California, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 October 2012

This B&B is a cut above in many ways. The bedroom we stayed in, the dining room and the living room were all clean, well appointed and comfortable. The breakfast menu was varied and delicious - not the standard Irish breakfast fare we had experienced throughout our two week stay in Ireland. Kelly, the manager/owner was more than gracious in helping us navigate the Ryanair website (another story without a good ending), allowed us to stay and use the sitting room, called us a black taxi for a tour, and was just friendly and helpful on all accounts. We left there feeling well cared for and greatful for having found such a nice place and experience.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends