“Very good B&B”

Ranked #7 of 51 Belfast B&B and Inns
Canberra
“Very good B&B”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 May 2013

The address makes finding the B&B a bit confusing. There is a Ravenhill Rd, a Ravenhill Ave and a Ravenhill Close. However, once found, it's all worth it. A lovely B&B with spacious rooms and comfortable beds. There are a few permanent residents, but they usually aren't seen because they leave early and get back late. The breakfast room is well set up, and breakfast is very good. The provision of plain yogurt was great, and only the second time I'd seen it in 3 weeks. The cooked breakfast is well above average, with my "special" very good. It was wheaten toast with tomato chutney, poached egg, and melted cheese. I'd had variations of this before but nowhere near as good as this one. It's quite a walk to town but can be done. A taxi one way was our way out. This is a good B&B and was perfect for us.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Cleveland, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2013

This was my fifth time staying here. I have had many of the rooms. This was the first time taking along my wife. The rooms are very comfortable, clean and cozy. The breakfast options are very good and Dennis and Kelly are quite helpful! This is highly recommended and rather easy to find as it right on a main road (A24).

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
ENGLAND
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2013

A really great B& B. Good location, great breakfast and a better welcome you could not have. Rooms clean and tidy, and a good size. Staff very attentive and polite. Rooms at front overlooking the park and main road are best. No Bar, but a nice local Pub at less than 5 mins walk.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled solo
londonderry
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 April 2013

We made a very last minute decision to stay overnight in Belfast for my husband , myself and our 3 children and were fortunate to be able to stay here. Kelly, the owner , was so professional, helpful, genuine and welcoming. This was our first time staying here and would definitely recommend it. We stayed in room 7 and 9 on the top floor. Both lovely rooms. I'm not a great sleeper but I had a wonderful night's sleep! I disagree with a previous review regarding the view at the back of the house. Yes there is an alley but the view over the rooftops and chimney pots is amazing and should be photographed. Breakfast was great. Kelly is a wonderful host. We all really enjoyed our stay and highly recommend Maranatha to other travellers. Will definitely stay here when coming to Belfast.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank kirstiepatton
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 February 2013 via mobile

Clean, friendly, warm and homely with the best breakfast I've had in Belfast! Will be staying again and suggesting to friends and family!

Had a couple of requests before arrival and nothing was a problem for the staff! All in all a lovely stay.

• Stayed February 2013
Toronto, ON
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2013

Wow! This was a wonderful treat. My kids and I stayed here on our last night in Ireland, before returning to Glasgow to catch our flight home to Toronto. I initially chose the location because of its proximity to the ferry docks and The Titanic exhibit. From our brief visit it would seem Maranatha House is ideally located for a number of reasons....it is not far from downtown, there is a large park across the road, the bus stops right out side the front door, and we were able to walk to restaurants. We required a triple room, so Kelly showed us to a room on the top floor. The room was spacious enough (definitely more room than we had in London or, Dublin), with a completely renovated ensuite bathroom. Kelly and her husband have done a lovely job renovating this guest house...with a boutique feel. Breakfast was lovely, made to order....I love smoked salmon with my eggs. Finally, a big thanks to Kelly, who made every effort to help me book our ferry and train ride back to Glasgow, as I was having trouble with the Stena website. If I have the good fortune to return to Belfast, I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank GG296
Belfast, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 February 2013

I have stayed here on many occasions (mostly for concerts at the Odyssey Arena) The staff are friendly and seem to want to help you if needs be. One of the single room on the ground floor has black damp on the wall every time I had stayed. The breakfasts in the morning are lovely.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank Keeva F
MaranathaHouse, Owner at Maranatha House, responded to this review, 19 February 2013
Thank you for your review, however we have never had any issue with damp in any room, and the ground floor room that you mention is decorated to the highest standard. Happy to clear up any confusion if you want to email us at info@maranathahouse.com. Many thanks, Kelly