“Family Run B&B”
Review of Maranatha House

Maranatha House
Ranked #7 of 50 Belfast B&B and Inns
Reviewed 17 September 2013

During my stay at Maranatha House I found the location very handy to Belfast City centre, you could walk in if need be, but there is a great bus service just outside the front door at £1.70. Rooms where very clean and tidy, breakfast nicely cooked, staff where always very helpful and friendly offering lots of advice on things to do and places to see. Overall I was very happy with this accommodation, good value.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
There are newer reviews for Maranatha House

Reviewed 17 September 2013

This is really a lovely comfortable stay. I was in a single room with a spacious ensuite shower-room. The bed was comfortable and the room was cosy (temperatures were dropping at night in mid-September). Breakfast is great, the coffee is excellent and although I am gluten-intolerant I was really well looked after (brought my own bread). You can walk into Belfast city centre in 15 minutes, and the Titanic Quarter is about 25 minutes' walk, mostly along the banks of the Lagan. Ormeau Park opposite the Maranatha was lovely too. Thoroughly recommended.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 16 September 2013 via mobile

I stayed in room 2, which is a single bed with a very nice en suite. The room was very comfortable and clean, with a tea set available and a big bottle of water with it. The bed was super comfy and I slept great! I ate dinner at a pub type place called the pavilion, which was about a 15 min walk from the b&b. The breakfast was very tasty, with many choices, and the hostess was very personable and welcoming. I would for sure stay here again!

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed 12 September 2013 via mobile

Booked a twin room for a night with my travel companion. The room was clean and comfortable. The bathroom was a bit worse for the wear with broken floor tiles, but I can look past that because our hostess was so nice and personable. Breakfast was top notch! The location is a little out of the way with not a whole lot super close by, but it served its purpose.

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed 9 September 2013

We have just come back from a family trip to Belfast where we spent two nights at Maranatha House. I can't speak highly enough about the way that Marion looked after us, offering help with restaurants, taxis and directions and accommodating our various dietary requests! The house itself is well located, and all three generations of us were impressed by the spacious accommodation and comfortable beds. Very good value!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 September 2013

Stayed for 3 nights in August excellent location we were able to walk to restaurants through the park and to the Titanic quarter along a walk way by the river accessible about 10 minutes from Maranatha House. Marion took excellent care of us and I would recommend the Special Breakfast. Thanks for a great stay. Ruth

Room Tip: The back rooms are quieter in the mornings due to road noise but this is to be expected in a city
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 August 2013

There was over 60 Nations and around 4000 volunteers in which I was one of 100 volunteers assisting with the Medals Team for these games. These games took place with in 42 venues throught out Northern Ireland, during these games as such we would have occassion to go to
many different sporting events, and stayed in many area's, one such place was Queens accommodation, Malone Road, Belfast, they cater for B & B only, the staff were surperb and
help us out in every way possible, we dinned in the Sir Willa's for breackfast even though there was different nations for breackfast, every body really enjoyed the wonderfull and most enjoyable food that was available and of course plenty of it. Belfast in general is well wort a visit, there are many places to visit i which I would reccommend, some of the nations were not aware of out long bright days here in Ireland.

Room Tip: Titanic mesuem, and lots more
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends