“First time in Maranatha Guest House”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Maranatha House

Maranatha House
Ranked #7 of 51 Belfast B&B and Inns
belfast
“First time in Maranatha Guest House”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 December 2010

Hi,

I was new to UK and the first place i stayed outside my home country too is with Maranatha. The hospitality of the staffs were amazing, really i would like to recommend this guest house for someone who wants to spend few days in Belfast. It is clean ,quiet and secured.

Thanks
Vineetha Mathew

• Stayed August 2010, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Belfast, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 December 2010

I was looking for a place near home, in East Belfast, as my family - mum and aunties – was coming to Belfast for a long weekend. As soon as I entered this lovely house, I knew they would love the place, warm-classic decoration with a wide dining room for breakfast and a bright leaving room.

The staff was absolutely helpful, showing me the place, the room (with nice a view to the Ormeau Park) and making the booking very easy.
My family fell for the guest house, absolutely adored the cozy well equipped triple room.

They had all they needed, with the bonus of the familiar treat by the friendly staff, who tried hard to speak/understand their Spanish guests. Maranatha was exactly what I was looking for, comfortable, spotless and good price accommodation. My mum asked me to highlight the excellent breakfast they had every morning of their stay, with 5 choices on the menu.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled with family
dennisbree, Owner at Maranatha House, responded to this review, 29 December 2010
Just a quick note to thank you for your kind words. We work hard at Maranatha to ensure that all our guests enjoy their stay and feel well looked after. We thank you again for staying with us and we look forward to having you stay with us again.
Best wishes and happy New Year
Dennis
cleckheaton
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 November 2010

A really good experience from arrival to departure. The whole place is spotlessly claen, the facilaties are first class, the bedrooms have everything you could require & very comfortable beds, & the food is first class. But the crowning glory of this guesthouse is the staff, they could not of been kinder or more helpful, they are the greatest asset to the establishment. altogether a superb place to stay, & I certainly will do so again on my next visit to Northern Ireland.

• Stayed November 2010
london
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 November 2010

My only regret was not having found this guest house earlier. It is a convenient walk into town via the Albert Bridge-took me about 20/25mins; it's about a 15/20 min walk to St Georges Market . The Ormeau park is just across the road, and for me, a committed Christian, finding the Ulster Temple (Elim church) was fabulous- it's a few doors away. I was welcomed warmly into the house by Dennis and my room was very clean and spacious. If you do stay, make sure you get up for the hearty breakfast. You'll also get to meet Marion, and you need to meet her. She reminded me of a long lost aunty and gave very useful tips.

Stayed November 2010, travelled solo
Jackson, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 October 2010

It is always good to go to a place that I know, even better when they know me. Remembered from my last visit and called by name very morning. Very nice.

The guesthouse porvides maps of Belfast and I found that there are many resturants within walking distance of Maranatha.

Clean, convenient, nicely appointed, very good breakfast, wifi, in room coffee/tea and a large shower (by European standards) with plenty of hot water. Not luxury, but very good quality and value.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled on business
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 October 2010

This b&b is a prime location in Belfast. A five/ten minute walk from the city centre but located across from a beautiful park. The park even has free tennis courts for public use! The reception I recieved was friendly and welcoming, the guesthouse itself was spacious and clean n I am looking forward to my next trip to Belfast as I will definatly stay here again!! Special thanks to Elizabeth who went to extra lengths to help me during my stay!

• Stayed October 2010
Swansea, Wales.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 September 2010

Good hotel for short break. Great location if you are going watch the rugby in walking distance of both Ulsters ground at Ravenhill and city centre, opposite a lovely park. Front rooms can be a bit noisy. Excellent breakfast. Be careful when booking. It is cheaper to book directly with hotel than it is to book through agencies such as hotel.com or Laterooms. We only found out when we went to pay our bill which for 2 nights would have been £20 cheaper if we had booked directly with the hotel.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled with friends