“Great Guest House!”
Review of Maranatha House

Maranatha House
Ranked #7 of 50 Belfast B&B and Inns
Reviewed 6 February 2011

It was our first trip to Belfast, and the Maranatha was perfect for our needs. From the easy and complimentary parking, to the relaxed and easy going nature of the staff, and the great breakfasts, we would certainly recommend this property.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Maranatha House

Reviewed 23 January 2011

Great room, great location , great staff !! You won't be disappointed here! Very close to Belfast city centre.

• Stayed: January 2011
Reviewed 31 December 2010

Hi,

I was new to UK and the first place i stayed outside my home country too is with Maranatha. The hospitality of the staffs were amazing, really i would like to recommend this guest house for someone who wants to spend few days in Belfast. It is clean ,quiet and secured.

Thanks
Vineetha Mathew

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 December 2010

I was looking for a place near home, in East Belfast, as my family - mum and aunties – was coming to Belfast for a long weekend. As soon as I entered this lovely house, I knew they would love the place, warm-classic decoration with a wide dining room for breakfast and a bright leaving room.

The staff was absolutely helpful, showing me the place, the room (with nice a view to the Ormeau Park) and making the booking very easy.
My family fell for the guest house, absolutely adored the cozy well equipped triple room.

They had all they needed, with the bonus of the familiar treat by the friendly staff, who tried hard to speak/understand their Spanish guests. Maranatha was exactly what I was looking for, comfortable, spotless and good price accommodation. My mum asked me to highlight the excellent breakfast they had every morning of their stay, with 5 choices on the menu.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled with family
dennisbree, Owner at Maranatha House, responded to this reviewResponded 29 December 2010

Just a quick note to thank you for your kind words. We work hard at Maranatha to ensure that all our guests enjoy their stay and feel well looked after. We thank you again for staying with us and we look forward to having you stay with us again.
Best wishes and happy New Year
Dennis

Reviewed 30 November 2010

A really good experience from arrival to departure. The whole place is spotlessly claen, the facilaties are first class, the bedrooms have everything you could require & very comfortable beds, & the food is first class. But the crowning glory of this guesthouse is the staff, they could not of been kinder or more helpful, they are the greatest asset to the establishment. altogether a superb place to stay, & I certainly will do so again on my next visit to Northern Ireland.

• Stayed: November 2010
Reviewed 19 November 2010

My only regret was not having found this guest house earlier. It is a convenient walk into town via the Albert Bridge-took me about 20/25mins; it's about a 15/20 min walk to St Georges Market . The Ormeau park is just across the road, and for me, a committed Christian, finding the Ulster Temple (Elim church) was fabulous- it's a few doors away. I was welcomed warmly into the house by Dennis and my room was very clean and spacious. If you do stay, make sure you get up for the hearty breakfast. You'll also get to meet Marion, and you need to meet her. She reminded me of a long lost aunty and gave very useful tips.

Stayed: November 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 26 October 2010

It is always good to go to a place that I know, even better when they know me. Remembered from my last visit and called by name very morning. Very nice.

The guesthouse porvides maps of Belfast and I found that there are many resturants within walking distance of Maranatha.

Clean, convenient, nicely appointed, very good breakfast, wifi, in room coffee/tea and a large shower (by European standards) with plenty of hot water. Not luxury, but very good quality and value.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled on business