“Stunning hotel”

La Mon Hotel & Country Club
Ranked #12 of 43 Hotels in Belfast
“Stunning hotel”
Reviewed 5 February 2014 via mobile

Staff extremely helpful and pleasant. Rooms very clean and bed huge. Setting is beautiful. Restaurant is very relaxed with piano playing in background. Food amazing! Will be back again without a doubt!

Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (216)
Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 February 2014

The point of our stay was to enjoy an annual Dinner Dance without the hassle of Taxis at the end of the night. I have to own up and say the Annual Dinner dance has been here for the last 3 years and that should give you a flavour of this review ( I can't believe I haven't reviewed La Mon before this).
We arrive on the afternoon of the main event and after checking into the room we make use of the leisure facilities. The pool is large enough for me but is not Olympic size. A couple of lengths and I retire to the sauna and/or steam room and/or jacquzzi. Remember I am here to enjoy myself not torture myself. Middle afternoon in the leisure suite is probably best to avoid the members coming in afterwork.
The bar usually has a good fire going and is a great place for a wee afternoon drink.
Our meal was in the function room and was served promptly and piping hot so full marks for that. Our menu was fairly standard, broth, roast beef and desert but no negative comment from me. After the nights festivities we spilled into the bar/lounge area afterwards and the fire was still going strong. We were well behaved and there was no sense of anyone asking us to hurry up clear the area, drinks and coffees were served as requested.
The breakfast is worthy of note - I could not think what wasn't included in the buffet and could not remember having as wide a selection at any other hotel. We left before lunch but the bar menu was very good value.
It is an excellent Hotel on the outskirts of Belfast so a car to access it and see the sights is a necessity but you could certainly spend a relaxing time here away from it all. Like another reviewer I was only 20 miles from home but I love this place.
Out deal was for a room for two with Breakfast and use of the Leisure facilities for £68, outstanding value.

Room Tip: The new wing are all a good standard. Pick the west or east side for evening or morning sunshine, o...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 21 January 2014

This hotel has potential, but it is not met. I'd have to say our stay was marred by extremely poor customer service and invasion of privacy. Management accused me of having an extra unpaid person in my room. This was not the case; we paid for two people to be in the room. Having said that, if I met someone and invited them back to my room, would it have been any of the business of the management. Appalling !! To top it off, the next morning the day management brought up my complaint to me at breakfast and defended her "long time" staff. This was all rather inappropriate behaviour on the part of "management". The invasion of privacy stemmed from an alleged noise complaint (that did not exist). Perhaps they meant to go to the room next to me with gangs of children in squealing, slamming doors, running down the hallway….??? In all my world travels I have never encountered such amateurish service. As an aside, the rooms aren't what they appear to be in the pictures, at least mine wasn't. It was aged and required repair. The iron and blow dryer didn't work. I stayed here two nights.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
4 Thank javafinch
LJacksonGM, General Manager at La Mon Hotel & Country Club, responded to this review, 28 January 2014
Hello Worldhopper Toronto,

Thank-you for taking the time to review, post stay in La Mon Hotel. All feedback we receive is invaluable to the future continuous improvement program that is implemented in the hotel.

The ultimate 'customer experience' is one our key goals, and all areas/elements are considered and continually appraised from the moment our customers arrives till the departure. The Health, Safety and Security of all our Employees and Guests is also of paramount importance in a hotel of our size and scale. Information of all our guests is treated confidentially and follow up and feedback to all our guests is daily requirement for a streamlined service for all our guests.
All customer complaints will also be forwarded to myself as General Manager to be dealt with and investigated accordingly. We apologise for any inconvenience caused by any of our procedures or the nature intended in this instance during your stay.

Thank-you once again for your valued thoughts

Kind Regards,

Lloyd Jackson MIH
Ballyclare, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 January 2014

My wife and I booked a night away, with the simple objective of taking some time out to recharge the batteries. We didn't want to trek half way across the world, and opted for the La Mon, only a comfortable 40 minute drive from our home!
We selected the hotel based on experience attending a wedding party, and a training course at the venue, and having been impressed then, by the ambiance and quality of food.

We checked-in at around 4pm on Friday afternoon and were allocated the 2nd room closest to the 'hub' of the hotel. Not unreasonably I was conscious that this might make for a noisy position.
Nothing could be further from the truth! Our own house is noisier than the hotel! Although there were plenty of people about, when you retired to your room, you could be forgiven for thinking you were the only person staying there.

We were attracted to the idea of lying in the Jacuzzi and literally chilling out for large chunks of time, and I was impressed with the cleanliness of the facilities. Bang on what we were looking for.

Medical conditions make it difficult for me to determine what my appetite is going to be like, so we opted for dinner in the Bistro. I had beautifully cooked salmon which just hit the spot perfectly.

Friday night I slept on what I have to say was the most comfortable bed I've ever slept on. This is no trivial point. I have difficulty sleeping at the best of times, because of abdominal pain but the mattress was perfect (I forgot to take the unusual step of asking where they bought their mattresses, but that's the significance it was to me)

Breakfast was a real treat. I particularly enjoyed the fresh smoothies and fruit compote... before tackling a cooked breakfast of course.

We booked the night away with the sole purpose of recharging out batteries, and relaxing, and I'm delighted to say I got more benefit from the break than you would expect for all the time we were way.

We'll be booking to do exactly the same thing again, later this year

Room Tip: Don't be put off by a room near reception. We stayed practically on top of it, on a Friday nigh...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank WintersTale
Dear Guest,

May I take this opportunity in thanking you for your extremely positive review for our Hotel on Trip Advisor.
All of the staff at La Mon work tirelessly to provide a high standard of hospitality, and are continually developing ways to improve our service.
We listen intently to our Customer feedback on a daily basis, and this forms an integral part of the Management Function of our Hotel.
We are delighjted to hear of your return to the Hotel due to your previous experiences, and we look forward to welcoming you back very soon.
Our overall personal guest experience is the key success factor at La Mon, and we are continually encouraging our customers to return in the future.

Thank-you

Kind Regards,

Lloyd Jackson MIH
La Mon Hotel & Country Club
Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 January 2014 via mobile

We have stayed in La Mon before but this has been the first time in a while and since the new wing was added we were on a night without the kids so stayed in one of the suites which was really spacious and had all mod cons the suite was very clean and tidy, the deal included breakfast and a 2course dinner in the Restaurant, the meal was absolutely fantastic we both had pate for starters and then I had the pork belly and my wife went for the salmon 10 out of 10 for presentation service and taste and the portions were a really good size even filling me, we retired to the lounge bar where the staff were very attentive especially the head barman Jim Burns good way with customers. After a great sleep in the very comfortable king size bed, we enjoyed the breakfast buffet which had everything you could possibly want, again top notch the late check out of midday was a bonus well definitely be back soon keep up the good work La Mon

Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Belfast, Northern Ireland, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 January 2014

Another fantastic visit. Attended New Years Eve Gala and stayed overnight. Great value. Food and service was excellent. Atmosphere and staff top class. Room was very clean and comfortable. Really enjoyed our night out great way to welcome in the new year. Would do it all again. Well done to all the staff on a very busy evening full marks.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Lisburn, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 January 2014

Decided at the last minute to book the Shakespeare Restaurant for our New Years Eve dinner.
The meal (from a set Menu) was excellent and very well presented and served. The staff deserve a very special mention. Each member made us very welcome indeed and nothing was too much trouble for them, even giving our children a present at the end of the meal. The restaurant offered our teenage children the bistro menu just in case the set menu didn't suit them which we felt was really good. Will definately eat here again.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family