1,649 results
All reviews wedding venue wedding reception leisure facilities steam room sunday carvery relaxing break from start to finish function room afternoon tea course meal top class an overnight stay northern ireland fantastic hotel duty manager scones following morning
Reviewed 9 March 2014

Stayed here for two nights with 350 other delegates at conference. Told them as i arrived that required gluten free meals-fantastic. All their curries,risottos,salads for lunch were GF and fresh sandwiches on 2nd day with GF bread that was really good-very unusual to receive this sort of option, especially with this many people. Breakfast had GF bread which didn't taste like cardboard.The rooms were frighteningly warm unfortunately and the spa looked fab just didn't have time to use it. Parking was a bit of a problem for this many too but not enough to stop me returning here again for a similar event.

Date of stay: March 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 2 March 2014

I stayed with my girlfriend for 1 night recently, in the deluxe suite.
Beautiful grounds and The hotel reception staff and porters were excellent.The room was great, although it could do with some minor repairs to plasterwork etc.
I have been to wedding receptions there before and I was always impressed with the food. I have to admit to being a little disappointed in the menu this time though. It is very limited although I must say the waiting staff were very attentive.
My biggest problem was in the bar. There are a very few senior staff who seem to know their business but they are surrounded by kids who haven't a clue, are obviously untrained and have just been thrown in at the deep end.
I would definitely go back but I can only hope that the hotel is going through a transitional period at the minute otherwise it will lose it's previously excellent reputation.

Date of stay: March 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 February 2014

We have just been at the la mon on a break we had purchased through TreatTicket, it was the romance break, we stayed on a Friday night, let me start by saying that when we arrived we were well looked after and our bags were escorted up to our deluxe room, where we were pleasantly surprised to walk into a lovely big, modern well laid out room with an excellent bed, the shower was super and the room was in a lovely quite position, room 118, we dined in the restaurant that night where the service was fabulous, the food is better than some of the top restaurants that I've been in, the wine selecting available had been well thought through and if top quality, we had the steak which was faultless and the homemade doughnuts, absolutely delicious, the manager was particularly attentive to ensure we were enjoying our stay and a very helpful and pleasant person, we received excellent service and had a wonderful time, we will certainly be seeing you all again, thank you all for making our stay so nice. Highly recommended :)

1  Thank fe58
Reviewed 21 February 2014 via mobile

I have stayed at the La Mon 4 times within the last year as I find it affordable and fairly pleasant.

However on my last two visits I have noticed that it has been on the decline. For starters the Bistro menu. The menu and standard of food is appalling. It used to be fantastic and pretty much faultless but now it is bland and not worth the price. I am assuming the chef has changed as the menu has had slight changes recently.

Also the temperature of the Bistro. Every time I have dined here it has been very cold. On my last experience I complained to the bar staff and they attempted the lit the fire, after waiting an hour we decided to simply head to our room to get some heat.

The rooms are very well designed, clean and tidy. I think that's the best thing about the hotel and they are good value for money.

The hotel and country club In general is all a bit dated. The spa could really use a revamp.

I am attending a wedding here later in the year and while I would not choose this for a wedding venue I am interested to see how it goes.

I should add that the staff are always friendly and welcoming!

Date of stay: February 2014
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank st13790
LJacksonGM, General Manager at La Mon Hotel & Country Club, responded to this reviewResponded 22 February 2014

Hello st13790,

Firstly thank-you for your valued custom over the years, and also for taking the time to review on trip advisor.

All of your feedback will be taken on board and discussed at management level accordingly.

I am objectively reviewing on a continual basis all areas of the hotel to ensure the very best experience possible. Improvements, and hotel refurbishments are all ongoing within the hotel, and long term growth in all areas of the hotel are the optimum goal.

I would be interested to hear more of your thoughts regarding our menu offering. Customer feedback and ideas are always taken very seriously, we involve third parties in our decision making and planning process regular on a regular basis.

My e-mail contact is generalmanager@lamon.co.uk
I would be more than happy to discuss further.

It would be our wish for you to return in the near future to experience our renowned hospitality.

Kind Regards,

Lloyd Jackson MIH

Reviewed 19 February 2014

I spent 2 nights in La Mon from 15th-17th February and from start to finish I cannot find anything to criticise. On arrival as when we got to our room we were pleasantly surprised to find a bottle of Prosecco which I believe was an added touch given the weekend. On our first night (Saturday) we ate in the Shakespeares Restaurant. As part of Valentines weekend there was a set menu which was excellent value. The food was superb and the personal touch of both manager and chef speaking to us about the food just added to the experience and the chef seemed pleased when I told him it was the first meal I'd eaten in a restaurant without adding salt to it. Not a big thing for most but as a food lover, this was certainly a compliment from me. The attention of staff was second to none and nothing was ever too much trouble. Room service was always on time, well presented and never cold which I sometimes find when you order breakfast to the room. All in all, our stay was fantastic and I would not hesitate to return here and cannot recommend La Mon any higher to potential guests. In a word: FAULTLESS!!

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple