La Mon Hotel & Country Club
Agoda.com
US$98
PremierInn.com
1,540 results
All reviewsbouncy castlewedding venuewedding receptionleisure facilitiessteam roomrelaxing breaksunday carveryfrom start to finishnext morningafternoon teafunction roomtop classduty managernorthern irelandan overnight stayfantastic hotelscones
Reviewed 28 March 2014

Brought my mum to stay at LA Mon for a mothers day treat. And what a treat she has had!! We stayed in a beautiful suite in the new part of hotel to mums delight. We went for afternoon tea in the bar -CAKE TIME. The cakes and treats that came next were to die for. A carrot cake that melts in your mouth and the best lemon meringue we've ever had. Unreal. I have had quite a few afternoon teas, but this one has to take the top spot. Overall the LA Mon hotel ticks all the boxes for us.we will definitely be back

• Stayed: March 2014
Reviewed 27 March 2014

We had such high expectations of our 2 nights break as we'd picked up family from Yorkshire at the airport on our way. The staff were exceptional in trying to ensure we had a most enjoyable stay - with one exception. There was only 1 receptionist on duty when we arrived, but she prioritised 2 phone calls over 6 travel-weary new guests, 1 of which was in a wheelchair; not a great first impression as we felt we were interrupting her work.
The deciding factor that persuaded us to try the La Mon was the photo of the Country Club's pool and jaccuzzi because rather than a ladder access, there were steps and handrails, so I was looking forward to 2 mornings of swimming and jaccuzzi alternately; to just totally relax. I was so disappointed to find the jaccuzzi had no steps, so was only accessible to the fit and able-bodied; there's a 15 inch drop down to the seat, then another 15 inch drop down to the floor. This would be a relatively easy problem to resolve and make safer, as would the flooding shower in the disabled changing room, which soaked my kit bag and some of my clothes. I would also have safety concerns about the miscellaneous equipment stored there, causing an obstruction.
But on the positive side, we had a great weekend, and the dinners in the Shakespeare were the best I've had in a hotel; the Sunday carvery was to die for!!! Our compliments to the chef.
I would definitely stay here again if I could safely avail of all the Country Club wet side facilities.

Room Tip: There were 6 of us sharing 4 rooms, and the hotel had bent over backwards to accommodate our disabled/carer's needs by allocating rooms 7 and adjoining 8; with 9 and adjoining 10.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Judith Elizabet... M
Reviewed 27 March 2014

What a fantastic hotel!
We were attending a party and staying overnight and I can honestly say I would have to be a serious moan if I could find anything to criticise or be negative about.
The service from each member of staff was impeccable. Really, really nice, friendly and helpful without being intrusive. Nothing was too much trouble for them, they really go the extra mile.
The hotel is just outside the city of Belfast in green and quiet countryside, the grounds are lovely and everywhere both inside and outside the hotel is immaculate.
The rooms are spacious and the food is outstanding.
The swimming pool and spa beautiful. I can't think of anything else... it was just a pleasure to be there. Well done la mon.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 24 March 2014

Had a lovely stay at La Mon with my boyfriend. We stayed for one night with a 2 course meal and breakfast the next morning. The room was clean and spacious. We had dinner in the bistro which was fantastic. Had fish cakes for my starter which were lovely. My main course was scampi and chips which was lovely and a good size. The menu was fantastic whith plenty of choice. At breakfast there was plenty of choice and the staff were very friendly and helpful. I would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 March 2014

Had a great stay at La Mon when we were there in March. We stayed on a bed and breakfast basis and really enjoyed our stay.
Plenty of facilities and the breakfast had a good range of items both hot and cold.
The food served in the bar/restaurant was great and the open fires really made a great atmosphere.

Only downside was a few minor details such as,
The window handles could do with replacing
The shower curtain was not great

Would stay there again if I was back in Belfast.

Room Tip: Wifi only available in rooms 1-30
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family