“Dissapointed Mothers Day”

La Mon Hotel & Country Club
Ranked #15 of 45 Hotels in Belfast
Reviewed 31 March 2014

We were the other motorhome ( the cheapskates) who La Mon charged £30 per van to park up over night following a private party. When we had enquired last week we were told there were no rooms, and our fellow motorhomers were told it would be ok to park up. Us ladies were looking forward to having our " Mothers Day " lunch in the hotel,,but we travelled on. We have stayed in 5 star camp sites with all the facilities and £30 isnt charged at peak season.We have also been made feel welcome at various hotels.I am curious as to what exactly the £30 per van,, was for???,probably just to put us of the idea of wanting to call again. Well guess what?? It worked,,we won't be.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Teresa O
Write a ReviewReviews (1,463)

Reviewed 31 March 2014

i have stayed a number of times at the la mon, I have always found it fine. however this time, I got an offer through groupon and the weekend was really really lovely. we where giving the new suite rooms in the new part of the hotel, and it was really lovely. staff nice and food was lovely. pool area clean and enjoyable and beauty room and hairdressing facilities a nice extra. All in all the best stay ive had at the la mon. very pleased!

Room Tip: choose new suites in new build area of hotel!
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 March 2014

just some information for anyone using a caravan or motorhome and are thinking about parking up overnight on the car park of the La Mon hotel, think again about it, because when I phoned the hotel to check out if they would have any problem with two motorhomes being parked up on the car park overnight. I explained to the girl on reception that my family had booked a function room for an engagement party for Saturday night, the girl on reception told me that she could not see any reason why not. she told me that she will just check with reservations, then came back to me to tell me that there is a charge of £30 to park overnight on car park. a bit steep after paying for a function room, I asked for some discount and was told NO. when we arrived at the hotel looking forward to a good night ahead, management approached our motorhomes and asked had we booked in advance, to park up, I told her no, she then told me that we were illegally parked on private property we were then told that if we wanted to stay on the car park over night there is a charge of wait for it £50 yes £50 to stay over night, what a deal, by the way that's £50 per motorhome. When I tried to talk some sense to the girl on reception and showed her my mobile phone to prove that I phoned a few days earlier, and getting a cheaper price of £30, at 9.15 pm she told me that it would be too late to phone the girl that I had talked to, To confirm the £30 quote I wonder would it have been too late to phone her if it was in the interest of the hotel .So there I was looking at paying £100 for both vans because I could not let my pal pay for his van as he was also a guest of mine, and also a cheapskate lol after some begging and kissing some feet they agreed to take £60 of me for the two vans. it was a bad start to the night, so be very aware, avoid this place like the plague.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
6  Thank bobo448
Reviewed 28 March 2014

Brought my mum to stay at LA Mon for a mothers day treat. And what a treat she has had!! We stayed in a beautiful suite in the new part of hotel to mums delight. We went for afternoon tea in the bar -CAKE TIME. The cakes and treats that came next were to die for. A carrot cake that melts in your mouth and the best lemon meringue we've ever had. Unreal. I have had quite a few afternoon teas, but this one has to take the top spot. Overall the LA Mon hotel ticks all the boxes for us.we will definitely be back

• Stayed: March 2014
Reviewed 27 March 2014

We had such high expectations of our 2 nights break as we'd picked up family from Yorkshire at the airport on our way. The staff were exceptional in trying to ensure we had a most enjoyable stay - with one exception. There was only 1 receptionist on duty when we arrived, but she prioritised 2 phone calls over 6 travel-weary new guests, 1 of which was in a wheelchair; not a great first impression as we felt we were interrupting her work.
The deciding factor that persuaded us to try the La Mon was the photo of the Country Club's pool and jaccuzzi because rather than a ladder access, there were steps and handrails, so I was looking forward to 2 mornings of swimming and jaccuzzi alternately; to just totally relax. I was so disappointed to find the jaccuzzi had no steps, so was only accessible to the fit and able-bodied; there's a 15 inch drop down to the seat, then another 15 inch drop down to the floor. This would be a relatively easy problem to resolve and make safer, as would the flooding shower in the disabled changing room, which soaked my kit bag and some of my clothes. I would also have safety concerns about the miscellaneous equipment stored there, causing an obstruction.
But on the positive side, we had a great weekend, and the dinners in the Shakespeare were the best I've had in a hotel; the Sunday carvery was to die for!!! Our compliments to the chef.
I would definitely stay here again if I could safely avail of all the Country Club wet side facilities.

Room Tip: There were 6 of us sharing 4 rooms, and the hotel had bent over backwards to accommodate our disable...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Judith Elizabet... M
Reviewed 27 March 2014

What a fantastic hotel!
We were attending a party and staying overnight and I can honestly say I would have to be a serious moan if I could find anything to criticise or be negative about.
The service from each member of staff was impeccable. Really, really nice, friendly and helpful without being intrusive. Nothing was too much trouble for them, they really go the extra mile.
The hotel is just outside the city of Belfast in green and quiet countryside, the grounds are lovely and everywhere both inside and outside the hotel is immaculate.
The rooms are spacious and the food is outstanding.
The swimming pool and spa beautiful. I can't think of anything else... it was just a pleasure to be there. Well done la mon.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 24 March 2014

Had a lovely stay at La Mon with my boyfriend. We stayed for one night with a 2 course meal and breakfast the next morning. The room was clean and spacious. We had dinner in the bistro which was fantastic. Had fish cakes for my starter which were lovely. My main course was scampi and chips which was lovely and a good size. The menu was fantastic whith plenty of choice. At breakfast there was plenty of choice and the staff were very friendly and helpful. I would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple