“First class/ five star”

La Mon Hotel & Country Club
Ranked #14 of 45 Hotels in Belfast
Reviewed 19 April 2014 via mobile

Go for the food as it is the best you will ever see and taste in the Shakespeare restaurant. From the high professional staff to the white linen on the tables, give an air of sophistication. But the food, well,what can I say! I have been to many places yet this restaurant is always the best. And I have eaten here many times, and each time it seems to live up to the previous visit. Go to look at the food and then eat it to create a memory that will be hard to forget in a good way. The hotel then? Big and bold foyer. Modern like the coolest piece of music that you love. In fact, I and my partner love it so much we are getting married there in 2015. The country club gym is compact but has all the equipment needed. The changing areas are very up-to-date and clean. Swimming in the pool is, not a large pool, but it is large enough to keep fit by. Bright, clean, some classical style decor in the spa gives a expensive feel to the area and in the pool. I would recommend this hotel and the restaurant.

• Stayed: January 2014

Reviewed 13 April 2014

We picked La Mon for my wife's surprise birthday party with our 5 children and grandchildren. It turned our to be the perfect venue. The staff were all so helpful and very pleasant. Evening meal was tasty and plenty of it, with a good children's menu. The buffet breakfast was delicious and freshly cooked and not over cooked. The beds are very comfortable which results in a good nights sleep. We have stayed several times before and will, DV, be staying again. Thanks La Mon.

Room Tip: Most rooms seem to be good.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Gideon2013
Reviewed 11 April 2014

we stayed here for 1 night while visiting family. the hotel is very clean and relaxing. our room was well equiped. the breakfast was great, lots of choice. the staff are all friendly and helpfull. we will stay here next time.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 April 2014 via mobile

On Mothers Day we visited the Bistro at La Mon. It was truly delicious. We had a wonderful day. Staff were so attentive. They were professional , friendly and knowledgeable about the menu.
The kids ate steak burger and chips from kids menu. They devoured their meaty burgers and ran to play on the bouncy castles. Our starters consisted of melon (which was shaped like a flower) served with fruit skewer and on a slate. Once my mother saw the starter she then decided to have a starter after all. Husband had garlic mushrooms (delicious) and I had broth and wheaten scone. Everyone cleaned their plates! Mains we chose were gammon, turkey dinner, roast beef.. Everything was so tender and cooked to perfection.
Desserts - kids had ice cream. Mother chose pavlova .. Having owned her own coffee shop for many years, she is quite fussy with desserts!! But she thoroughly enjoyed the pavlova. Rest of us had a pear sponge with warm butterscotch sauce. Mmmmm.
Our dinner beautifully washed down with Irish coffees.
A very relaxing afternoon.. Staff made sure everyone was well looked after.
We will surely return very soon.

• Stayed: April 2014
Reviewed 31 March 2014

We were the other motorhome ( the cheapskates) who La Mon charged £30 per van to park up over night following a private party. When we had enquired last week we were told there were no rooms, and our fellow motorhomers were told it would be ok to park up. Us ladies were looking forward to having our " Mothers Day " lunch in the hotel,,but we travelled on. We have stayed in 5 star camp sites with all the facilities and £30 isnt charged at peak season.We have also been made feel welcome at various hotels.I am curious as to what exactly the £30 per van,, was for???,probably just to put us of the idea of wanting to call again. Well guess what?? It worked,,we won't be.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Teresa O
Reviewed 31 March 2014

i have stayed a number of times at the la mon, I have always found it fine. however this time, I got an offer through groupon and the weekend was really really lovely. we where giving the new suite rooms in the new part of the hotel, and it was really lovely. staff nice and food was lovely. pool area clean and enjoyable and beauty room and hairdressing facilities a nice extra. All in all the best stay ive had at the la mon. very pleased!

Room Tip: choose new suites in new build area of hotel!
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 March 2014

just some information for anyone using a caravan or motorhome and are thinking about parking up overnight on the car park of the La Mon hotel, think again about it, because when I phoned the hotel to check out if they would have any problem with two motorhomes being parked up on the car park overnight. I explained to the girl on reception that my family had booked a function room for an engagement party for Saturday night, the girl on reception told me that she could not see any reason why not. she told me that she will just check with reservations, then came back to me to tell me that there is a charge of £30 to park overnight on car park. a bit steep after paying for a function room, I asked for some discount and was told NO. when we arrived at the hotel looking forward to a good night ahead, management approached our motorhomes and asked had we booked in advance, to park up, I told her no, she then told me that we were illegally parked on private property we were then told that if we wanted to stay on the car park over night there is a charge of wait for it £50 yes £50 to stay over night, what a deal, by the way that's £50 per motorhome. When I tried to talk some sense to the girl on reception and showed her my mobile phone to prove that I phoned a few days earlier, and getting a cheaper price of £30, at 9.15 pm she told me that it would be too late to phone the girl that I had talked to, To confirm the £30 quote I wonder would it have been too late to phone her if it was in the interest of the hotel .So there I was looking at paying £100 for both vans because I could not let my pal pay for his van as he was also a guest of mine, and also a cheapskate lol after some begging and kissing some feet they agreed to take £60 of me for the two vans. it was a bad start to the night, so be very aware, avoid this place like the plague.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends