“mothers day lunch”

Ranked #40 of 44 Hotels in Belfast
Belfast, United Kingdom
“mothers day lunch”
Reviewed 11 March 2013

I don't normally eat out on Mothers Day due to the volume of people doing the same thing. I was treated to lunch by my family and what a lovely surprise I got. We had booked for 1.00pm and were shown to the lounge area to await our table. After 5 minutes we were called to our table (which was decorated very well) and a lovely waitress explained where everything was at the buffet. The food was very high quality and plenty of it. The Staff were very helpful and I have every intention of returning. Well done. I am staying overnight at the Hotel shortly so will let you know how I got on.

Room Tip: Book in advance.
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
  • Czech first
Belfast
Reviewed 4 March 2013

Called to the restaurant last Friday evening. The waitress warned us they had been busy and there might be a bit of a wait, no problem, we were in no rush. Just as well really!

One table of nine were finishing up and we were the only other people in for most of our meal. Our adult meals took forever to come, had the children not already been eating, id have left.

The bad points

1. The wait for food despite the room not being busy and lots of staff around. Problems in the kitchen maybe?

2. The kids were served their meals and finished them before the adult meals arrived.

3. The kids chips were salted before they left the kitchen!

4. My friends risotto looked like uncle bens rice, served in a bowl with a dollop of butter and swimming in water. Had she told me this before we left I would have asked for another portion for her.

5. My champ was only mash and a very small portion.

6. My sons ice cream from the kids menu never arrived.

7. The child from a neighbouring table who ran amok with no interest from his family. We had to ask him several times to get out from under our table.

There were good points!

1. My meal (despite the small portion of mash) was lovely. The chicken was tender and juicy.

2. The aubergine main was delicious, a pity about the side!

3. Despite being salted before leaving the kitchen the chips were great, so good the adults ordered a side of them to share too.

4. The waitress was very friendly and kept my glass of wine topped up.

I was suprised at the menu, despite this being a budget hotel I dont think there was anything under £10.00 on the menu. The kiddies menu was £4.95 and included an ice cream (if you were lucky to get it!).

I was very disappointed with the restaurant, I had heard only good things about it since the hotel reopened and as I live locally I was hoping it was somewhere I could frequent.

Due to the amount of good reviews Ive heard id be prepared to give the restaurant another chance, but I wont rush back to do so.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
Belfast
Reviewed 4 March 2013

Called in for a quick lunch and was pleasantly surprised, great service from the staff and a great meal. Although I wasn't in the beer garden it looked great. The barman informed us that the place has been completely redecorated and the bar area is looking good. I will be calling again and hopefully get to sit in the sunshine out in the beer garden.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank LouLouMagoo
Plwmp, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 February 2013

Stayed here for one night on 24th Feb. Booked a double room that wasnt too far down a corridor and got exactly that.
The check in was quick and the receptionist helpful.
Was a little dissapointed when they told us they dont do food after 6pm on a sunday but as I didnt fancy going out again, they said they could do sandwiches.
Took a little time for the sandwiches to arrive as they were sent to wrong room but they soon sorted it out and said they would be no charge as we had had to wait. Would have liked to have had a bit more choice though where food was concerned.
Breakfast was good, adequate, hot and cooked to order fresh.
A great value hotel in a handy spot, will return again definatly.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank SarahGunton
Cavan Ireland
Reviewed 22 February 2013

This is a no frills budget hotel that does what it says on the tin!! If cheap and cheerful is what you are looking for then this is it!! My stay was comfortable and staff are nice too. Location wise it's not far from the city centre £5 ish in a taxi.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 January 2013

loved the staff and what seemed to be regulars, all made us feel
very welcome. however, the kids running around screaming would make us think again. not a place to go for chat,or,not my thing, even to "watch/hear" any sort of sport. management seemed oblivious to the antagonism felt by others in lounge, to those not keeping their children under any sort of control.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank albmac m
Kent
Reviewed 23 January 2013

This was my first trip to Ireland and I stayed here. They were very accommodating as we arrived later than scheduled. The room was nice lovely view out of the window of a church. The room was very clean bathroom was spacious but a bit cold. The room could of done with another radiator in. The people were lovely the food was delicious. Bus ride away into Belfast city about 10 mins Belfast castle walking distance away, beautiful. If you are looking for a relaxing holiday then Lansdowne hotel is for you I have never been so relaxed. They do room service for a small charge. The bar staff are very welcoming. I will be coming back that's for sure.

Room Tip: Look on the website for this you will not be disappointed.
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled with family