“Very disappointing”

Lansdowne Hotel
Ranked #39 of 43 Hotels in Belfast
“Very disappointing”
Reviewed 22 June 2013

Stayed for one night. Went into room and found a dirty cotton bud on the floor and hairs all over the bath/shower. The ceiling tiles on the bathroom wall were also falling down too. Very poor standard of room even for the reasonable prices. Hotel needs alot of work and upgrading. We had a bar snack which was also very poor... Half cooked chips. Breakfast has good options but the toast had used stale bread so was unbeatable. Overall we would never stay in this hotel again. I had read the trip advisor comment prior to booking but they must have stayed in a different hotel than us. Dirty, unaccomodating hotel.

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank Yoyo1234567890

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
  • Czech first
Reviewed 16 May 2013 via mobile

An over night stay for business purposes. Room standards are ver good and come with great room facilities. down sides that your are not allowed to bring your own food in hotel, as I arrived late and hotel restaurant stopped serving food I only left with an option to find some local restaurant, which was a pain after having a very busy day. Noise seems to be a massive issue. But overall a good value of money plus great staff particularly Natalie at reception.

• Stayed May 2013
4 Thank Ramboshambo_1987
Uttoxeter
Reviewed 7 May 2013

This hotel was comfortable and reasonably priced however be aware that most Friday and Saturday nights there is live music which doesn't stop until one in the morning. Choose your room away from this noise or be prepared to stay awake until it is finished.

Breakfast could not be faulted and the service was very good indeed.

Room Tip: Ask for one away from the music if it is at the weekend.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 26 April 2013 via mobile

This hotel is homely with wonderful staff who can't do enough for you. Excellent cooked breakfast. Clean room and bathroom. Slightly more comfortable bed would be nice. Music from entertainment can be heard in the rooms (not unbearable) but it's a small hotel so hard to avoid as little distance between bar and rooms. Great value and I wouldn't hesitate to stay again.

Stayed April 2013, travelled solo
Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 March 2013

I don't normally eat out on Mothers Day due to the volume of people doing the same thing. I was treated to lunch by my family and what a lovely surprise I got. We had booked for 1.00pm and were shown to the lounge area to await our table. After 5 minutes we were called to our table (which was decorated very well) and a lovely waitress explained where everything was at the buffet. The food was very high quality and plenty of it. The Staff were very helpful and I have every intention of returning. Well done. I am staying overnight at the Hotel shortly so will let you know how I got on.

Room Tip: Book in advance.
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
Belfast
Reviewed 4 March 2013

Called to the restaurant last Friday evening. The waitress warned us they had been busy and there might be a bit of a wait, no problem, we were in no rush. Just as well really!

One table of nine were finishing up and we were the only other people in for most of our meal. Our adult meals took forever to come, had the children not already been eating, id have left.

The bad points

1. The wait for food despite the room not being busy and lots of staff around. Problems in the kitchen maybe?

2. The kids were served their meals and finished them before the adult meals arrived.

3. The kids chips were salted before they left the kitchen!

4. My friends risotto looked like uncle bens rice, served in a bowl with a dollop of butter and swimming in water. Had she told me this before we left I would have asked for another portion for her.

5. My champ was only mash and a very small portion.

6. My sons ice cream from the kids menu never arrived.

7. The child from a neighbouring table who ran amok with no interest from his family. We had to ask him several times to get out from under our table.

There were good points!

1. My meal (despite the small portion of mash) was lovely. The chicken was tender and juicy.

2. The aubergine main was delicious, a pity about the side!

3. Despite being salted before leaving the kitchen the chips were great, so good the adults ordered a side of them to share too.

4. The waitress was very friendly and kept my glass of wine topped up.

I was suprised at the menu, despite this being a budget hotel I dont think there was anything under £10.00 on the menu. The kiddies menu was £4.95 and included an ice cream (if you were lucky to get it!).

I was very disappointed with the restaurant, I had heard only good things about it since the hotel reopened and as I live locally I was hoping it was somewhere I could frequent.

Due to the amount of good reviews Ive heard id be prepared to give the restaurant another chance, but I wont rush back to do so.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
Belfast
Reviewed 4 March 2013

Called in for a quick lunch and was pleasantly surprised, great service from the staff and a great meal. Although I wasn't in the beer garden it looked great. The barman informed us that the place has been completely redecorated and the bar area is looking good. I will be calling again and hopefully get to sit in the sunshine out in the beer garden.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple