We stayed here whilst attending a wedding in the Belfast castle, I've lived in the area and I'd visited the Lansdowne a few times over the years and it always seemed okay.
I read a few reviews and although there wasn't anyone raving about it we just thought well a beds a bed how bed and it will only be for a few hours how bad can it be...
It was pretty bad! The ceiling tiles were badly stained, the carpet had iron burns, the taps spluttered everywhere, the bed was like sleeping on springs and the lift smelt of vomit and bleach. My last burning ember of hope was for a good north Belfast fry up in the morning but this to was under average. The bacon was under cooked and the eggs were like bricks!
I've stayed in some bad hotels but this one wins the wooden spoon award! Even if you're desperate and think for the price it will do, I beg you look somewhere else!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Iconic Lansdowne Hotel is now under the new ownership of Metro Inns.Situated in the picturesque Cave Hill area of Belfast just 3 miles from the City Centre and just a stone through away from some of Belfast's popular tourist attractions, with our newly refurbished bar and restaurant and conference rooms the Lansdowne Hotel meets the needs of business and leisure traveller alike. The private hotel offers free Wi-Fi has easy access to all major air, sea and land routes. The bedrooms provide everything you require for a stress-free and relaxing stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Odigeo, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your Lansdowne Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lansdowne Court Hotel Belfast
- Belfast Court Hotel Lansdowne
- Lansdowne Court Belfast