“Dirty”
Review of Lansdowne Hotel

Lansdowne Hotel
Ranked #39 of 45 Hotels in Belfast
Reviewed 17 August 2014

Staff very friendly although some staff appeared to be very forgetful and standards low. On arrival we thought it included breakfast only to be told it didn't so we were charged extra. Bedroom very basic and it's like everywhere was painted in cream to refresh or hide the dirt. I took pictures to show my family. Room telephone filthy, stains down the door all the way to the floor. Bathroom hairs around the bath and dirt stains up the side of the bath. The ceiling flimsy tiles kept on lifting up when you went in the bathroom, I began to think that there was someone in the loft. The bed on top looked clean but there was no valance down on the base which was stained . Carpet had got stains on it too.
We requested a quiet room but unfortunately we were placed in a room on the main road above the bar /conservatory. Although it does say when booking that expect some noise as there is often entertainment on. The breakfast was hit and miss depending on who was serving you and it was quite clear that that the chef may of been having a bad day when we were there as one day it was nicely presented and the next day poorly presented and swimming in grease. Don't ask to buy cigarettes as you get charged double and no till receipts so your guess is as good as mine. Very disappointed but I won't be staying there again but would defiantly visit Ireland again. On a positive the bus stop is not far and takes you into Belfast city centre for 1.90 not bad at all.

Room Tip: Not sure about this maybe ask for a room at the back it might be quieter. The church next door seem...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for 1 night as friends of ours were holding their engagement party here.
Checking in the guy was very friendly, there was a mixup with booking.com charging me a deposit and the lansdowne not knowing about it....after showing him that the payment was actually taken out it was rectified very easily and we kept the money there for breakfast.
My first impressions of the hotel was it reminded me of a youth hostel....the room wasn't what I was used to but for £45 for a double room, what did I expect? Yes it is very basic and it would need updating but it was very clean and just what we needed.
Everyone had a good time at the party and ate breakfast the next morning...£7.50 for a full cooked breakfast and it was very tasty....well needed after a night of drinking!
The staff made our night even more enjoyable....nothing was too much trouble for them and they went out of their way to help. if the hotel was graded on it's staff it would be 5star!
Would I stay at this hotel again?....yes! Would I recommend this hotel? Yes if you were attending a party that was being held there....not an ideal hotel if you want to stay close to the Belfast city centre as it's in the North of the City.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 June 2014

The lady who checked us in on arrival was very friendly. The room was not great but the worst thing about it was the bed.... it was broken and lumpy and the base was absolutely filthy and did not have a cover. the bathroom was also very dirty - behind the toilet (which you can see from the bath) was shocking. It was cold in the room and there was only a thin layer on the bed so I asked at reception if they had an extra blanket and was told that they do not have any extra blankets available. The rooms need an upgrade - especially the beds.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 June 2014

I stayed here for 2 nights and found everything to be excellent. Checked in late at night due to delayed flight and the night porter was very friendly and checked me in no problems, I was happy to find the bar still open when I checked in and the bar staff were very nice.

After reading the reviews I was worried about breakfast, but found it to be very good, a range of cereals, fresh fruit, tinned fruit and fuit juice, tea and coffee plentful and I must say one of the nicest coffees I've ever had. Cooked breakfast choice is full fry up, pancakes with syrup, eggs benedict or porridge. I opted for fry up both mornings and was not disappointed. The waiter and waitress were very helpful.

I stayed in room 102 and it was a very large twin room and was clean. There was a very large flat screen TV, hairdryer, tea/coffee, iron and ironing board in the room. The shower had plenty of hot water.

The reception staff were very helpful and arranged taxis for me no problems. Always very chatty and friendly.

I have read many of the reviews for this hotel and agree it is in need of updating, but I think for the price you pay you get a superb service. I would stay again with no hesitation :-)

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 May 2014

I stayed for 1 night. The room 107 was spacious but the bathroom needs updating the sink tap had greenish stains not shiny silver and had a smell coming from it couldn't tell from where as the room had been serviced, I presume pipes behind the wall/boards.
The other down fall is one cant order take way from outside. Cooked buffet breakfast would have been nice than served up plate from the kitchen.

• Stayed: April 2014
Reviewed 24 May 2014

my son and I shared a twin room for five days and found it spotlessly clean. the cleaners came every day and kept it that way. We loved the Ulster fry grill breakfast and didn't need lunch. WE WOULD GO BACK AGAIN ANTTIME.

Room Tip: ASK FOR A FRONT FACING ROOM nicer view of mountain and hills
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 May 2014

Mixed emotions front desk were helpful and wasnt the priciest hotel, however was dated, breakfast was odd, and the bar wasnt great
Still a bit of a bus ride into belfadt city.. Other options available, would not reccomend

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple