Travelodge Belfast Central
  • Room Service
US$169
US$153
  • Restaurant
Ibis Belfast City Centre(Belfast)(Great Value!)
US$176
US$137
US$130
Hotwire.com
1,086 results
All reviewsgreat locationfibber mageesbus stationcity hallminutes walk awayone night stayreception staffwould stay againcomfy bedpubscrownrobinsonsconcert
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 13 November 2012

I visited late at night and it was a man at reception and a security man also... security man led me to my room and was very friendly. The rooms are basic but I guess cleanliness is the main key, well for me it is anyway. Good place to say as long as you aren't hoping for a luxury stay.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled solo
Garry G, Manager at Travelodge Belfast Central, responded to this reviewResponded 26 November 2012

Dear Aine47
Thank you for taking the time to leave your review. I am pleased you enjoyed your stay and appreciated the help our staff provided.

Reviewed 12 November 2012

Travelodge is usually my go-to hotel when I want a bed for the night during a trip somewhere so that was why I went with them when staying in Belfast for a few days. The hotel itself is a fairly standard Travelodge. Clean enough but nothing too luxurious. The walls seemed to be a bit thin so it could be quite noisy, especially when cleaning was being done (I think I was next to the cleaning cupboard!) but it wasn't too much of an issue. The staff were all friendly and helped a lot when I needed pointing in the right direction. They supplied a map showing me where the open top bus departs from, too, as well as providing instructions on how best to get there on foot.

The real selling point of this hotel, however, is the location. It is right in the centre of Belfast and just across the road from The Europa Hotel. This is where many of the bus tours and other things leave from. It is also only about a 5 minute walk from Castle Place, where the open top bus tours leave from. Many of the attractions can be reach in this way, or by a short taxi ride (the Titanic Quarter, for example, is only a few minutes drive away). So if you want a hotel without the frills but for a good price in an excellent location, this is ideal.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled solo
Garry G, Manager at Travelodge Belfast Central, responded to this reviewResponded 13 November 2012

Hi Andrew
Thank you for taking the time to leave your review. I am pleased you enjoyed your stay with us.
As you experienced the hotel is excellently located, clean and comfortable with friendly staff and good value for money which is exactly what we aim to provide.

Reviewed 16 October 2012

We stayed here recently for 2 nights. Staff were friendly and polite when we called to book and they were pleasant throughout our stay. When we checked in, I went up to our room with the bags only to find that someone else was staying in the room already.. Thankfully we have a sense of humour and the guy on reception allocated us another room straight away. The look on his face made me laugh even harder than I already was! Room was basic but spotless and had everything you need. We didn't eat here (try cafe Harlem around the corener for breakfast!) so can't comment on the food but overall we enjoyed our stay and though it was the perfect central location from which to explore Belfast. We will be back.

Room Tip: Higher up rooms seemed quieter, we stayed on the 6th floor
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
Garry G, Manager at Travelodge Belfast Central, responded to this reviewResponded 17 October 2012

Dear donegal25
Thank you for taking the time to leave your review. I would like to apologise for the mix up on you arrival, this was due to the previous guest leaving items behind in the room (which are still at reception waiting to be collected!).I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 8 October 2012

Located in a central Belfast location just steps from the Crown Bar (oldest bar in Belfast, recommended) and Belfast City Hall. This is an economical hotel (42 GBP for a double room) does not include breakfast (~7GBP) or Wifi (5 GBP) in the price. Wifi is only good for 24 hrs, but is on the bitbuzz network so if you buy an Ireland '3' sim card for your phone that includes wifi, you can use that login to access their network. Clean bathrooms and beds. Slightly noisy with proximity to pubs. Free street parking (limited) until 0800.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Garry G, Manager at Travelodge Belfast Central, responded to this reviewResponded 15 October 2012

Dear Frantstc
Thank you for taking the time to leave your review. I am pleased you enjoyed your stay.
We keep our prices down by charging guests only for what they use, other hotels “free Wi-Fi or breakfast” is built into the price everybody pays. We also understand that guests may only want to use the Wi-Fi to keep in touch whilst they are away from home so we now have free Wi-Fi in the hotel reception.
kind regards

Reviewed 8 October 2012

I wouldn't stay here again! This Travelodge is centrally located but it is old, tired and is desperate need of a make-over. First night the main light went. Also sink plug and bathroom fan didn't work. Told reception next morning but when I got back that evening I was told that the maintenance man was not back for three days. I had to move myself to another room! It was scruffy. Not dirty - just scruffy. TV picture was poor - very few channels. Wi-fi costs £5/day!! Three night later bulb in new room went at 8pm - no-one available to fix it!
Breakfast in Olio's was good!

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business

Dear Richard E
Thank you for taking the time to leave your review. I would like to apologise for the problems you encountered during your stay. We aim to resolve any problems as soon as possible as the maintenance staff were not available we changed your room. The wifi cost of £5 for 24 hours I believe is the best value in Belfast for a high speed reliable connection. We are constantly updating the hotel with new flat screen digital televisions being installed in all of the rooms this week.
kind regards