“Good value and quiet hotel in excellent central city location”

Travelodge Belfast Central
Ranked #32 of 44 Hotels in Belfast
Bristol, United Kingdom
“Good value and quiet hotel in excellent central city location”
Reviewed 30 November 2012

I stayed in the hotel the night beforehand a job interview and it is excellently located. Although it it very central, the hotel is situated down a relatively quiet street. The bedroom was sparse (as was to be expected) but warm and very comfortable. The service was good and it is always helpful to be able to leave luggage in the lobby as you go about your business in town. I chose not to have the breakfast option and found an excellent new French bistro on the south side of Wellington Place/Donegal Square North - just off Great Victoria Street/College Square East to the west. Overall, although the room was expectedly basic, it was warm and the bed was extremely comfortable. I had a great (and quiet) night's sleep, just what you need before an interview. Alas, I didn't get the job but I will back to the brilliant city of Belfast soon enough!

Room Tip: I always ask for a non-smoking room.
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
Garry G, Manager at Travelodge Belfast Central, responded to this review, 1 December 2012
Dear EJB1976
Thank you for taking the time to leave your review I am pleased you enjoyed your stay. Our staff are always happy to look after luggage to get the most out of your stay if you are arriving early or leaving late. Good luck with your job hunting and hopefully we will see you again in the near future.
Garry Gaynor

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (121)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
perth - scotland
Reviewed 27 November 2012

Myself and my cousin came across from scotland on friday staff were very nice, room was clean and fresh too!! Would like to thank one member of staff in particular for making us feel safe and welcome.. Jack!!!.. WE LOVE YA!! He done everything possible for us! were just a couple of young girls and werent the quietest he was brilliant with us! will most defo be back great value for money! :) And right in the middle of the city centre!If your looking for somewhere to go for a drink we would defo recommend fibber mcgees its a wee pub right next to the travel lodge.. live bands and everyone was so friendly brilliant atmosphere!

From the 2 young scottish lassies
Laura & Arianne :)
xx

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with friends
Garry G, Manager at Travelodge Belfast Central, responded to this review, 28 November 2012
Dear Laura
Thank you for taking the time to leave your review. I am pleased you enjoyed your stay and will pass on your comments to the staff and Jack in particular and we look forward to welcoming you back again in the future.
Regards
Athlone, Ireland
Reviewed 22 November 2012

The best thing about the Travelodge in Belfast is its convenient city centre location, very close to the main bus and rail station and within east walking distance of City Hall and the departure point for the sight-seeing bur tours. Accommodation was basic, with no frills, but the room was clean. They were a bit mean with the bathroom products, only one tiny bar of soap and no shampoo or shower gel. The hotel has no restaurant, or breakfast room, but it is adjacent to the lovely Olio restaurant, where we had breakfast each day and also enjoyed really delicious evening meals. There is an entrance to the restaurant from the hotel foyer, so we didn't even have to go outside to eat. Coming from the Euro zone, the cost was a bit more than we are used to, but it was reasonably good value for money.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
Garry G, Manager at Travelodge Belfast Central, responded to this review, 26 November 2012
Dear Margret
Thank you for taking the time to leave your review. I am pleased you enjoyed your stay and as you mentioned the hotels location is excellent. With regard to the toiletries it is something which we are reviewing currently and sourcing potential products.
kind regards
Reading, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 November 2012

I stayed in the Travelodge for 2 nights in October with my friends (I had a room on my own!). I wasn't expecting much and yes, the room was very basic. However, we arrived at midday and whilst we weren't able to check in (check in was from 15:00) the receptionist was very polite and let us store our bags in the storage facility so we could go out exploring.

When we did check in it was fast and efficient and I was very impressed with my room (it was a corner one and seemed to be bigger than most others). The bed was very comfy, lovely pillows and it was completely clean. The bathroom was also clean and the shower was absolutely brilliant - very powerful.

The view from my window was very pretty and it was in a very convenient location to all of the attractions we wanted to see at the weekend. The only 'negative' was that the cooked breakfast seemed quite expensive for what it was, however you were allowed to help yourself to breads, toast, jams etc - I would suggest just dong continental rather than having the full cooked breakfast, however the service was good and the food tasted nice.

We were looking for a cheap, yet comfortable and convenient hotel and we found one - I would certainly recommend this place.

Room Tip: Choose the corner room - it's bigger than the rest!
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends
Dear Holly_82
Thank you for taking the time to leave your review. I am pleased you enjoyed your stay particularly as you are a regular traveller and contributor to tripadvisor as personally I find them the most helpful and constructive reviews.
Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 November 2012

Usually you know what you're getting with a Travelodge but this was probably the worst in this chain I have stayed in. We arrived at 11:00 & we were allowed to check in, great, but on entering the room I was disappointed with how small the room was. This disappointment turned to anger when on entering the bathroom there was a film of what we thought was vomit in the toilet pan so I flushed the loo to clear the mess only for a putrid stench to emanate from the toilet & fill the room. When I went down to reception to report this the girl replied " oh it's back flush" which leads me to believe this was a regular occurrence, it was sorted before we returned to the room later that day. The carpet in our room had seen much better days as had the bathroom floor. My last main gripe was the water supply to the shower. You had to time when to step under the water then step away as the water would run warm then freezing then boiling hot before running warm again. The only good thing to this is that it was very consistent when this happened so it was easy enough to get the timings correct. The location is spot on, 2 minutes from the main bus depot & the staff on reception were great but I wouldn't stay here again unless it was on a really cheap deal. We paid £55.00 per night for the room but it was only worth £40 tops. As others have mentioned go to The Harlem Café for breakfast only short walk away but superb food & amazing decor await.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with friends
Dear Jonmain
Thank you for taking the time to leave your review. I would like to apologise for the problems you encountered during your stay. I would like to assure you that I will investigate the plumbing issues in your room and have them resolved as this is not a regular occurrence.
liverpool
Reviewed 13 November 2012

As with a few of the other reviews..you usually know what you're getting when you book a Travelodge. Unfortunately Travelodge Central (or room 115) needs a bit of TLC. On arrival the staff let us check in straight away (brilliant as we arrived at 10.30 a.m.). Room was EXTREMELY basic. Literally just 6 hangers and a rail. No drawers and absolutely no room to put any more of your clothes, which meant I had to leave all my other clothes in my case. The bathroom is the tiniest bathroom I've ever been in..the door literally touches the toilet as you enter the room. As I went in the bathroom I noticed, what looked like vomit in the toilet. On flushing the most awful stench filled the bathroom. This took 3 flushes to get rid of. On reporting this to reception we were told that this was 'back flush' (it was sewarage). The gunk didn't reappear but there was a slight 'pong' to the air everytime we came back to the room. Also they had literally attached a piece of lino to the side panel of the bath with large black screws, which looked very cheap and tacky. Water pressure was very irratic. You literally had to time your shower as the water would suddenly turn freezing and then would change to scalding hot. At first I thought this was somebody next door turning on a tap but our friends had the same problem in their room. The good side to the hotel is it's location. Smack bang in the middle of Belfast...although it was rather noisy at night (closed window did get rid of some of the noise)...windows wired so very little air gets into the room. Didn't try the restaurant next door but would highly recommend Harlem Cafe just round the corner for breakfast and lunch...brilliant. Apparantely Premier Inns have totally refurbished ALL the Belfast hotels so think they may take a bit of Travelodge's trade as this hotel is in definite need of a tidy up.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
Garry G, Manager at Travelodge Belfast Central, responded to this review, 14 November 2012
Dear CallywallyLiverpool
Thank you for taking the time to leave your review. I am sorry you found some points of you stay disappointing and would like to assure you our maintenance staff will address the issues you have highlighted. We are committed to constantly updating our hotel with new TV’s installed last week and further improvements planned.
Dungannon, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 November 2012

I visited late at night and it was a man at reception and a security man also... security man led me to my room and was very friendly. The rooms are basic but I guess cleanliness is the main key, well for me it is anyway. Good place to say as long as you aren't hoping for a luxury stay.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled solo
Dear Aine47
Thank you for taking the time to leave your review. I am pleased you enjoyed your stay and appreciated the help our staff provided.