I stayed at the Travelodge, Belfast for one night in February. It’s hard to review, as it depends what you are after…..if you just want somewhere to ‘put your head down’ for the night, or somewhere quite cheap ad in a convenient location, go for it! If anything else (luxury/relaxation/a break/business) then do not.
1. Location – central Belfast a 1 minute walk. This is the biggest pro.
2. Price – relatively cheap, and was the cheapest option for us.
3. Some amenities provided – tea, coffee, kettle, TV. But no shampoo and NO HAIRDRYER and we had to ask reception for TOWELS.
4. Wifi is free, BUT ONLY IN THE DOWNSTAIRS RECEPTION AREA (but it is free…)
1. No car parking (they have a ‘deal’ with a nearby car park, but that’s £8 per day, which is ridiculous as all other car parks/street options/meter parking are much cheaper!)
2. No breakfast (£3 for a bowl of cereal – what the hell?!) however, some cafes nearby are nice, including ‘Avoca’ in the centre.
3. Beds – truly atrocious quality – slightly better than a camp bed, but not by much!
4. Rooms – small, dingy, smelt of stale smoke, quite dirty. The rooms strongly resemble a typical ‘halls’/’university dorm’.
I would recommend for those who just need a nights rest/emergency sleep, but for romance/business/leisure, pay £5 extra and go somewhere significantly nicer….!More