Travelodge Belfast Central
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Ten Square(Belfast)
  • Pool
1,085 results
All reviewsgreat locationfibber mageesbus stationcity hallminutes walk awayone night stayreception staffwould stay againcomfy bedpubscrownrobinsonsconcert
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 24 February 2013

i have stayed in this hotel before and the location is very good, close to all amenities, i was very pleased with everything overall . the only "gripe, " i have is that my room overlooked the back of hotel where all the bins were and i was woken very early by the bins being emptied, also the generater was humming all night. i realised this cant be helped , but i think the windows should be double glazed to keep the noise out

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Garry G, Manager at Travelodge Belfast Central, responded to this reviewResponded 5 March 2013

Dear Tina D
Thank you for taking the time to leave your review. I am pleased you enjoyed your stay and our windows are double glazed , and I will contact the refuse company to ask them to minimise the noise in the morning.
Kind regards

Reviewed 19 February 2013

My boyfriend took me here at the weekend 16th February as a surprise night away and we were very disappointed with what we got for our money 82 pound! the room was tiny, far too warm to get a comfortable nights sleep, noisy could hear people constantly slamming doors up and down our corridor, we had no air conditioning and the window only opened a tiny bit, i know this is probably for safety reasons but in that case then there should have been air conditioning in the room. for the price we expected maybe some shampoo/showergel, or at least breakfast to be included, but neither was, on leaving the receptionist took our key and said "thanks" and that was it no enquiry whether or not we enjoyed our stay or if we had any problems. bed was uncomfortable and when my boyfriend had a shower the bath was dirty and the shower head. the view from our room also was terrible , thankfully we were on a floor just above the wall we were facing. will never stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
Garry G, Manager at Travelodge Belfast Central, responded to this reviewResponded 22 February 2013

Dear Danni
Thank you for taking the time to leave your review. I am sorry you were not happy with your stay.
I have checked our records and nobody paid £82 on the night you stayed, as we also check our rates daily against our competitors we were lowest priced hotel in Belfast on that night. When reservations are made either through our website or directly with the hotel it is clearly stated that breakfast is not included in the rate quoted but is available for an additional £4.95 per person.
I am quite confident if we had been made aware of problems during your stay we would have been able to address them.

Reviewed 15 February 2013

I would recommend this hotel to anyone who was thinking of visiting Belfast because it was nice and close to the local attractions and sites. I went on the 11Th of February and paid about £190 for my entire stay.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled solo

Dear Simes908
Thank you for taking the time to leave your review.
I am pleased you enjoyed your stay and look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 12 February 2013

Stayed here several times for work visits and finally gave up and tried other hotels.
Situated very centrally, the Travelodge is just behind the "Golden Mile" and handy for the bus/ train station with links to both airports. The building is not showing it's age well! Rooms are small and basic with no views, and some are noisy due to close proximity to the back of the bars on the mile.
Most Travelodges offer breakfast, but this one has an arrangement with Olio's restaurant next door to offer theirs - although I did hear that before Christmas they stopped offering hot options during the week. Worth checking before pre-booking breakfast!
Something that bugged me by the end of a week's stay was having to hand in your room key every time you leave the building. Waiting to hand in and collect your key all the time is just plain annoying, but I guess it harks back to the more troubled times in Belfast's past when they'd need to know who was in or out?
Stay here if the nearby Days is full, otherwise you can get better rooms for the same price or less....

Room Tip: Stay elsewhere!
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business

Dear Shark-E
Thank you for taking the time to leave your review. Firstly I would like to assure you that breakfast is and always has been available and is excellent value at £4.95.
The keys can be dropped at reception without having to hand it to the staff however I find that when keys are dropped in or picked up is an excellent time to interact with our guests rather than only speaking to them when they check in or out however if you wish to keep the key with you this is not an issue.
We always offer the best value in Belfast especially for corporate guests for whom we have extra facilities available .
Kind regards

Reviewed 24 January 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for one night 3rd July was £55 which was an unfair price to charge for such an outdated and poor overall standard of a hotel. The room had a translucent window which u couldn't opened and it faced some building opposite so there was very little light and the room was so warm i had to sleep with the noises air con on all night and above the duvet. The bathroom floor had some yellow stains and the carpet in the bedroom needed replaced. Also prior to check in the receptionist told me over the phone that It was £50 and when we arrived she said the price had changed to £55. Which I thought was a bit strange as it was only 20 minutes. Also on check out their was one receptionist and a que of around 5 people lookin to check out had to wait 5 minutes and all she did was take the key and said thats fine no how was your stay? Etc makes myself as a customer feel unappreciated for my custome. Would highly recommend people stayed in the primer inn as its cheaper and modern unlike this hotel. Will never return.

• Stayed: July 2012
Garry G, Manager at Travelodge Belfast Central, responded to this reviewResponded 30 January 2013

Dear Ryan
Thank you for taking the time to leave your review. We take all comments very seriously and if any matters are raised during your stay we will try to ensure they are resolved promptly. However as your stay was 6 months ago it is not possible to fully investigate all of your issues.
Your actual date of stay was the 1st of July, I have inspected the room and the carpet is in good condition, we have never had any complaints about the air conditioning being noisy and when I inspected the room personally found it to be very quiet.
As payment is taken on arrival check out is only a matter of handing the key back however our staff always ask if our guests have had a good stay and it is a good point for guests to raise any issues.
With reference to your claims that we changed the rate after you made your booking , we always charged the same price on our website, on the telephone or at the hotel. We check our rates daily against other hotels and I am confident Travelodge always gives the best rate of any comparable hotel on the day of arrival.