“Ideal location”

Travelodge Belfast Central
Ranked #33 of 47 Hotels in Belfast
Reviewed 26 August 2014

Stayed here in the city centre at Christmas time, so close to the shops and restaurants, quiet night stay with relaxing beds. Very plain and simple but ideal. No breakfast but there was an option for this. Booked while christmas market was on ideal place

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Garry G, Manager at Travelodge Belfast Central, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2014

Dear Chefguy
Thank you for taking the time to leave your review. I am pleased you enjoyed your stay with us. The Christmas market at the city hall is certainly worth a visit and the hotel is only a 2 minutes’ walk away.
kind regards
Garry Gaynor

Write a ReviewReviews (1,069)

Reviewed 26 August 2014 via mobile

I read the reviews and did wonder what might greet me. I had booked last minute as availability in the city was limited. I needn't have been concerned. Yes the hotel is in an older office block type of building which I can imagine at the weekend would get full of larger parties. I didn't get chance to try any of the catering but I didn't find that security was an issue. I felt safe when I had locked my door. Room facilities were clean. The staff were very friendly both on arrival and departure. The location for Central Belfast is great. So, for the per night price, no complaints from me at all.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business

Dear Andy
As you mentioned the hotel location is an excellent for enjoying the city at an affordable price.

Reviewed 26 August 2014

Advertised as wheelchair accessible I couldn't even get through the front door without assistance and I'm not small or weak. It was a marker of things to come. Complete nonsense describing this room as accessible - no space between bed and desk, the fixtures were in poor state of repair or broken, and really not just bad but dangerous too if you have limited mobility and try to function there. I went out to other places to go to the toilet in the end, and worst of all not only was it too cold but there was no hot water when I need to get to my early flight - a member of staff admitted it is switched off after midnight!!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge

Dear neveragain42.
Thank you for taking the time to leave your review. Since your stay we have had a discussed your stay at length on the telephone and I appreciate your advice. We are planning refurbishment in the near future and will ensure the structural issues are included in the design. In the meantime we will make the other adjustments to make the room more accessible friendly. And as discussed once we have completed the work we will invite you back to “road test” the room.

Reviewed 19 August 2014 via mobile

Researched hotels in Belfast city centre on booking.com and travelodge was the cheapest but still came in at £229 I stayed 2 nights with my girlfriend. Friday till Sunday. I'm a bit shocked at the different reviews the service was good as I asked a couple of times about buses and different attractions. The room was tidy aswell as the toilet with hands wash and soap. It was everything you needed really the door has two locks also and was very secure. After the first day we were supplied with new clean towels as expected as the maid changed our rooms. Not much else to really say really enjoyed our stay I think the majority or the bad reviews about this travelodge is people expecting Hilton quality because they didn't spend the extra pennies on a better room. Location was in the city also and had no problem with the 2 minute walk to the shopping centres. Hope you found my review helpful thanks for the lovely stay.

Chris

Stayed: August 2014

Dear Chris
Thank you for taking the time to leave your review. I am pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and you found the hotel location and facilities good value for money.

Reviewed 12 August 2014

Like many other reviews on here, this hotel is a bit grim and the excuse that it is a budget hotel doesn't wash as you can get better value elsewhere , premier inn is much better. The rooms are small and comfortable enough but the bathrooms are only surface clean and in need of complete refurb. The night we stayed the receptionist seemed unable to cope and was overheard being very curt to customers on the phone. The icing on the cake was what I could only describe as a' bouncer' on the door as we returned from a night out , checking names and room numbers as we entered the hotel, something I have not encountered anywhere on my travels before- gave the impression of being very rough! I would definitely give this place a miss and opt for a nicer guest house or other budget hotel which is better value for money-£ 80 was definitely not worth paying here!

Room Tip: Less noise if room faces on brunswick st
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Sarah Q
Thank you for taking the time to leave your review.I am sorry you were not happy with your stay. I can assure you that the rooms are cleaned thoroughly. We check names and room numbers to prevent non-residents entering the hotel and causing noise problems and is common in most city centre hotels.

Reviewed 10 August 2014

For start location is perfect very central right next to crown bar.
A lot of drunks in the area, could be noisy on weekends, or evenings.
Decor fairly old, badly lit. Rooms very small, the one I stayed smelled really badly. But it doesn't surprise me. There is no quality in this hotel at all. W.C didn't work properly. Breakfast is a total waste of money, total disaster. Go somewhere else. The reason I only give it 2 stars is that staff was very friendly and helpful, otherwise complete nightmare. I don't know how they could get away with this kind of substandard. This is the worst hotel I have stead for a long time.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
Garry G, Manager at Travelodge Belfast Central, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2014

Dear Globetrotterr
Thank you for taking the time to leave your review. I am sorry you were not entirely happy with your stay with the exception of our friendly staff. Please be assured that all comments are reviewed and investigated to help us improve our product and service.

Reviewed 7 August 2014

Stayed there for night. But spend 70€ for crap room. All filty, view to the back of the house. Felt like in underground... Everybody can walk in and out of hotel anytime, without asking room number... Didn't feel secure at all... Never ever again in travelodge. Don't save money on your hotel, cos will ruin your stay!!!!

• Stayed: August 2014
1  Thank Andris C

Dear Andris C
Thank you for taking the time to leave your review. I am sorry you were not happy with your stay. I can assure you the hotel is secure and strictly for residents. The entrance is opposite the reception desk and is always monitored.