“Fantastic hotel, superb staff!”
Review of Park Avenue Hotel

Park Avenue Hotel
Ranked #27 of 43 Hotels in Belfast
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Fantastic hotel, superb staff!”
Reviewed 13 October 2013

We stayed for only one night but were very impressed with every aspect of this fab hotel. The rooms are superb the staff are friendly and helpful. The food in the bistro is of a very high standard complimented with great service. Next time we visit Belfast this will be our number one choice.

Mike (Manchester)

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (139)
  • Polish first
Bingley, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 October 2013

We recently stayed at this hotel for the third time when taking a weekend break to visit Belfast and Derry. The hotel's location is very handy for the airport, Belfast centre and the local motorway system. Rooms are very comfortable and tastefully furnished. We found every staff member to be very friendly and very professional. We ate in both the bar and the restaurant and found the food in both to be of a very good standard. I would have no hesitation in recommending this hotel. We would certainly stay there again when visiting Belfast.

• Stayed October 2013
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 October 2013

Clean, well-organised hotel with comfortable rooms and excellent, hot breakfasts cooked promptly to order. Good value for money and in a respectable area of the city. You need a car or taxi as its not within easy walking distance of the city centre and sights, but there's good free parking. No mini-bars but tea-making facilities in the rooms. Recommended.

Room Tip: Paying their small premium for 'superior room' gets you a very spacious one
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Graham T
Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 October 2013

What can I say, everything about our stay was fabulous from start to finish. We had room 208 which is their junior suite. Bed is stunning and so very comfortable, made extra cosy with all the throws and cushions. The television in the bathroom was pure luxury! I spent well over an hour in the deep plunge bath, relaxing and catching up on some shows I had missed. The waterfall style shower is huge and very well finished, water also stays the perfect temperature which is always a bonus! Breakfast was delivered to out room for a small surcharge of £4, definitely worth it if you ask me, nothing tops off a fabulous nights sleep better than being served breakfast in bed. We had crossiants, toast, fresh juice, tea, coffee and a full cooked breakfast, all of which were very pleasant. My only slight issue would be the quality of some of the suite extras. The robes and towels were not fluffy life I would have expected, but more so on the stiff and scratchy side and a few more teas and coffees on the self service tray would have been nice. The hairdryer is fit for purpose but very uncomfortable to use as you have to keep the button pressed in constantly to keep in turned on, not ideal if you have long thick hair like me! Bar prices seemed reasonable, we had a free drink voucher with our booking and indulged in a couple of bloody Mary's, which were gorgeous. Large coke was £4.20, which is a little steep but the large glasses of wine were £5.95 which I think is reasonable. All in all we thoroughly enjoyed our romantic night away and would certainly recommend and stay again!

Room Tip: The junior suite 208 is very quiet and private, would highly recommend for those seeking peace and q...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Abigail H
Moira, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 October 2013

Greatly improved over the years. Arrived and had no problem finding an available parking space, which is free. Check in was swift and I even got a smoking room, with is rare in this day and age and much appreciated by me. I was offered an upgraded room, at a cost, which I refused, nice thought but as I was going out for the whole evening, I did not think it was necessary . Free wifi is also available with BT, something I think all 4 and 5 star hotels should offer.Comfortable bed and had a good nights' sleep. A varied menu was offered for breakfast, juice, Ulster Fry, kippers, yogurts, and a selection of cereals and fruit. I asked if I could have an omelette, but was told the chef would not prepare this and if it had been asked of him, I would hear his reply from the restaurant, this is a little disappointing! Checking out went smoothly. There were a few other 'things' but as I did not bring them to the hotels attention, I will not comment here

I had other friends staying at the hotel, and got a phone call from them, whilst they were checking out, to advise that I had left some jewellery in my room, house keeping had found it. Nice to see there are still some honest people around. Thanks for that Park Avenue!

Room Tip: 214 was fine
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Holywood, ni, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 October 2013

whilst rooms were comfy and spacious the bar prices a wee bit steep,and need to look at lager,was tepid and not nice at all! several guests at our wedding reception complained about this! although breakfast was great in the morning,good menu and freshly cooked to order.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 October 2013

Spacious car park
Beautiful contemporary hotel
All staff booking in / restaurant / bar are extremely pleasant and friendly and a true credit to the hotel.
Rooms beautifully clean, spacious and comfortable.
Ate in the bar, table service so is more like a restaurant.
Great food at fantastic prices ( specially after being down south )
Would highly recommend to all visitors to Belfast, will definitely stay again !

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business