“Very friendly hotel”
Review of Park Avenue Hotel

Park Avenue Hotel
Ranked #30 of 45 Hotels in Belfast
Reviewed 9 March 2014

Stayed at the Park Avenue recently on an overnight trip to Belfast. We choose the hotel as it is a little out of the city centre and in a quiet location, but still only a few minutes from the city centre. From the moment we arrived the staff could not have been more helpful. The reception staff were friendly and welcoming and even helped us get our TV sorted when we had a problem later that evening. We upgraded to an executive room which was extremely comfortable. We had a lovely breakfast next morning and the lady in charge of the dining room could not have done any more to make sure we were well looked after. Overall we had a lovely stay and our only complaint is that we weren't able to stay longer!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business

Reviewed 6 March 2014 via mobile

My usual hotels in city centre were all extremely expensive/booked so I decided to try further afield
It's still only a few mins from Vic sq etc

Lovely quiet hotel and staff were friendly
I upgraded room and found it to be of nice standard

Only thing I would say is it doesn't quite FEEL 4 stars

Parking is free which is unusual for Belfast
Breakfast included was nice
Wifi also included, although signal in my room was terrible...not sure is that the same throughout or was I just unlucky

Only other point to make is it's quite near a heavy unionist area which can be a little intimidating to drive through..!

But I would stay again

Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 6 March 2014

booked in last minute got a great deal on the internet, lovely hotel rooms were very modern and the beds were so comfortable. staff very friendly and the night porter helped us out to get some food after our concert. breakfast was lovely plenty to eat.

will stay here again if im in belfast.

you can hear airplanes tho this didnt bother us in the slightest but might other guests

Room Tip: we stayed in room 301 which had a lovely view over belfast
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 March 2014

Nice quiet hotel, well appointed rooms, friendly staff...felt safe with my family. Staff recommended great taxi tour and The Titanic Museum. Free parking was also nice. They also have a great pub/ Restuarant downstairs. Good food, nice people.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 March 2014

I stayed here with my other half at the start of March. The experience was excellent, and I would recommend a visit. The hotel appears to have been refurbished not so long ago and the reception, halls, dining rooms etc. all appear to be pleasant and well kept. The room we opted for was one of the suites, so it was very spacious and provided everything you could have asked for in a hotel room. As an aside, the hotel is located outside of the city so a car is a must in my opinion.

The staff are excellent. Before and during the stay, they were more than happy to help on numerous occasions. The night porter was very warm and welcoming in offering use of the bar when it had closed for the evening! We had dinner and breakfast at the hotel. While the dinner was brilliant, the breakfast could have had a slightly better selection/a full buffet. That's a small point in comparison to the overriding number of positive factors.

One key thing is that it does not feel like 'just another hotel'. You can be sure to have a very enjoyable stay here.

Room Tip: Upgrade to a Junior Suite after booking! It works out at better value.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 March 2014

Myself and two friends visited Gelstons bar/restaurant in the Park Avenue hotel on Thursday 27th March for lunch , as we have done several times a year without any problems. I ordered Portavogie scampi with chunky chips and a portion of peas ,and was extremely disappointed. The scampi pieces were small ,tasteless , and mostly consisted of breadcrumbs, an embarrassment to the Portavogie fishing industry .I received nine chunky chips on my plate and a number of crispy ends consisting of batter, with a small portion of peas .My meal in short lacked quality and poor value for money ,considering it cost £9.95.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 March 2014

Enjoyed a meal in the bar, choice on menu was very good. Bar service was excellent.
The reception staff on entering were not particularly helpful, they were talking and looked more annoyed that I interupted their conversation, not what you would expect from a 4* hotel. One particular girl named Louise was rude and clearly could not be bothered to help. But we did enjoy our meal in the bar.

• Stayed: January 2014