Park Avenue Hotel
US$108
US$148
US$114
Agoda.com
The Crescent Townhouse(Belfast)(Great Value!)
US$80
Travelocity
  • Breakfast included
US$97
PremierInn.com
  • Restaurant
All reviewsthe marco pierre white restaurantcity airporteast belfastulster fryjacuzzi bathclose to the airportjunior suitefollowing morningnight porterbar foodtaxi ridebusiness triplovely roomlovely hotelhotel barcooked breakfastsaturday night
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 26 April 2014

On first site this hotel seems to tick all the boxes, Lovely Hotel and friendly reception staff.
However this is not the case, on arrival we were told that our room was not yet ready and they kindly asked us to wait in the bar area for 15 minutes and they would have some one come and get us when they had finished.
About an hour and a half later my partner went to see what the hold up was and we were told that our rooms had been ready for quite a while, and we were just left to wait with no one coming to inform us, very bad lack of communication with the hotel staff and guests.
When going to the room, the corridors were full of old mayonnaise buckets,hovers and other cleaning products which I believed to be a health hazard and would definitely not of helped in the case of a fire drill.
As we were left waiting for our room for over an hour and a half I was expecting the place to be shinning, however we were greeted with a not so clean room, the bin bags had not been changed and the glass table was dirty.

We also paid for a double room, which stated we would get a queen size double, and were very disappointed to see that it was just to single beds pushed together leaving it very uncomfortable.

The restaurant staff were very stuck up and unhelpful and seemed to look down their nose at us, restaurant service also very slow.
The second night we decided to eat in the hotel bar, again the staff were very unhelpful and snobby, food service was very slow and when the food eventually arrived, my partner had been given the wrong meal. we sent it back with an older waitress and she tried to argue that we had ordered wrong. when the meal was brought back to us, it was half the size of a normal portion and it was freezing cold, although we decided to not send it back for a second time and just left starving.

Could not wait to get home, after spending about £300 on a two night stay, it was the worst hotel I've ever stayed in and the biggest waste of money, will definitely NEVER be back!!

I would highly recommend people to AVOID this hotel!!!!
Waste of money, unpleasant staff, and makes you feel like Julia Roberts in pretty woman, one look from the staff and it is clear they think they are too good to be catering to your needs even though you are a hard paying customer and your the reason that their in a job.
Will never be back!!!!

Room Tip: My Tip is to not choose this hotel at all, unless you want to feel like a no body as the hotel staff are very snobby and look down their nose at you.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
6  Thank Megan D
Reviewed 21 April 2014

Just returned from Belfast today. Had a lovely stay in the hotel. Very convenient to the Titanic Experience. The staff at reception were very friendly and helpful. Room was very nicely decorated (221) and perfect for three of us. Bedroom and Bathroom spotless and plenty towels for 3 people. Only slight complaint is that the room was very hot but we left the window open during the night which was ok as we had a quiet room. Breakfast was served by very pleasant friendly staff and was very tasty. Nice selection of juices and pastries. Between us we had the Ulster Breakfast, the English Breakfast and a bacon sandwich. Were asked a few times if we needed any more tea or anything else.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 April 2014

I stayed here 10th - 13th April and what a stay I had the moment I walked in the doors I was made welcome by all the staff.
Was there for my sisters 70th birthday which she had at the hotel the food was first class the rooms spotless and the ulster fry in the mornings was also 1st class,
thanks again to all the staff for our stay planning to go again next year

Room Tip: would recommend this hotel
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 April 2014

I must admit, its a nice hotel, but if I was returning to Belfast I wouldnt stay here again. Decor is very nice, hotel is clean. In the bar, we were served by two different waitresses one of which I think was a manager - they were both very nice, polite and the service was very efficient, however I thought the bar staff were bored and uninterested in serving - kind of dragging their heels alot. Food quality was very good - we had no problems with the dinner or the breakfast. There was a great selection on the breakfast menu.
I did not sleep well in this hotel. My bed was badly damaged on the base and I got up the following morning with a dreadful pain in my back. My two friends slept better in their beds. We had such a long day and had already had showers and in our night clothes before we noticed that the bed was damaged - it was too much effort to change rooms at that stage and quite late. I did mention this to the lady at reception when we were checking out and she had said they would have moved us if we had reported it. Overall we didnt really like the atmosphere in the hotel - we just didnt feel welcome.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 16 April 2014

Try to be very upmarket but they don't pull it off. The staff need to react more with the customers, they are very stony face and I think their trained not to smile. People moaned about the bar food.
we had a meal and tried to catch the staff eye and yes there are plenty of them but all they have to do is ask if all is OK they don't need to go over board just ask. I had to go to the bar and ask them to send over someone, and buy the time it was sorted my food was stone cold. They do lots of weddings and conference party's so we are not at the top off the list. Breakfast is ok but again food cold and small Small Portions. all pre cooked would be better doing it all buffet style. I have better food and staff in the Premier Inn next to the Odyssey.

Room Tip: Pick one at the front better view.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends