“Lunch”
Review of Park Avenue Hotel

Park Avenue Hotel
Ranked #30 of 46 Hotels in Belfast
Reviewed 1 July 2014

Went to the Park Avenue for lunch as I had not been there in a while. I was a weekly guest and loved the menu, portions and good value for money. I arrived and ordered an Ulster Fry just what I wanted and remembered. It arrived and was unbelievable. One small fried egg, a quarter of potato bread, quarter of soda bread and three small pieces of bacon and one piece of black pudding and half a tomato. I was shocked and having spoken to staff they told me they were not busy and I can see why. It cost £7.50 expensive for what you got. Portions cut, place empty and prices hicked. Pity as it was always a great place to eat. Will not be back.

Reviewed 29 June 2014

Had a lovely stay here for the weekend with the Titanic package. Staff are second to none - Excellent service. Complimentary upgrade too which is always nice. Room was clean. Food was nice and reasonable.

1  Thank Emmascarborough1
Reviewed 28 June 2014 via mobile

It was a nice hotel but a think that i over paid for what i got in return... cheaper hotels in belfast that host a similar package for much less.. food was lovely and the staff were nice.. only down side was that u dont get what u pay for in this hotel... £150 for dinner bed an breakfast in is a bit much.. be cheaper going to premier inn or other hotels for value

Reviewed 27 June 2014

I booked the hotel at the last minute and got an ok, £80 for one night B&B single rate. Hotel reception and hallways are very nicely decorated. The gentleman who checked me in was courteous and efficient. I had a room on 1st floor overlooking a row of houses and this is where my issue really lies. The room looked directly in to the houses, therefore the occupants of the houses could see directly in to my room, meaning I had to have the curtains pulled at all times as there were no blinds or net drapes. The window itself was missing a handle and the frame was rusty, not a good sign...The room was dated with soft but worn looking carpet. Liked that there were plug sockets beside the bed, but no shaver outlet in the bathroom which I would expect from a 4 star hotel. Bed was large and very comfortable but it was missing the little details that in my opinion make a hotel 4 star. There was no clock in the room, no face cloths, tissues or other little touches in the bathroom. I ate in the bar that night, got their about 8.45pm and last orders for food was 9pm. My first choice was not available so instead I ordered scampi and chips. It was just average, the scampi was overcooked and greasy. Also the wine was not very cold, I saw another lady complain about it but I didn't bother. Breakfast the next morning was good, fast and fresh, however another guest came in just after me and helped herself to some cereal and juice but in the 10 minutes I was there that she also was there not one member of staff came to see if she needed anything, in fact I don't think they even knew she was there but that may have been because she came in at 9.55am. Overall an ok hotel for a 2/3 star but definitely not what you should expect from a 4 star.

Room Tip: Ask what it looks out on unless you want to have your curtains closed all day....
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 23 June 2014

I stayed two nights for business. I received a complimentary upgrade and had a lovely room (except that three lights did not work and the TV went faulty overnight - I reported all to reception, they fixed one light and the TV when I asked again, but not a major problem). Food and service was great. I often stay in Belfast and have only just found this hotel. I will be back!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 22 June 2014

Myself and a family member stayed at the Park Avenue hotel for one night. We went to a show at the Belfast Opera House and stayed more for convenience rather than travelling home late. The hotel was the icing on the cake. The hotel staff were extremely helpful and no request was a bother or too much for them. They accommodated our late check in with no issues. Special praise for the night porter whom was so friendly and welcoming. Breakfast was a real threat with proper old school service and always served with a smile. The hotel itself is beautifully decorated and a pleasure to stay in. I would highly recommend if considering a wee night in Belfast.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Stayed here in June 2014 for business. Had the most amazing experience and will be back!

The staff where second to none, they were friendly and attentive. Could not do enough for you! I travel a lot with business so a friendly face can be very welcome.

The hotel was spotless, very well presented and the rooms were immense. The room was a good size and bed very comfortable. My bathroom had a TV in the bath too was is a neat gadget to help you unwind. The rooms are modern, well equipped and very well maintained.

I ate in the bar that night and had the fish chips with the nicest mushy peas I have ever had. They were Aussie style, never had them like that before- tasty! The bar menu actually seemed very good. Normally hotel bars can be nice but predictable. Park Avenues bistro menu was not your normal hotel bar, they had really great options- trying the Pork Belly next!

All in all Park Avenue far surpassed itself. I booked it based on the presentation of the website, it seemed a good looking 4 star hotel nicely located close to the city centre. However in reality it was even better! Park Avenue take a bow....you deserve it!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business