“Very enjoyable, relaxing stay.”
Review of Park Avenue Hotel

Park Avenue Hotel
Ranked #28 of 44 Hotels in Belfast
Holywood, United Kingdom
“Very enjoyable, relaxing stay.”
Reviewed 15 August 2014

Friendly welcome (Linzi),the hotel provides a warm,comfortable atmosphere.
Good location,10 minutes to Belfast centre, City airport,Titanic Quarters, Odyssey Arena, next to a cinema complex.
Bus service every 30 minutes.
Spacious ,'solid' feel room ,well appointed ,large , firm double bed with the crispiest bedding in Ireland and NOT the usual winter duvet in summer ,as seems the custom everywhere in Ireland.
Smoking room available,no 212, good view over Belfast Loch.
Good food in the Bistro restaurant,Ulster fry in the morning.
Excellent staff, professional and very helpful ,smartly attired.Will return.

Room Tip: Check room on top floor with a view over Belfast Loch in the distance
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (140)
  • Polish first
Ennis, Ireland
Reviewed 11 August 2014

My mother, my sister and I stayed here for one night while in Belfast to visit the Titanic Museum. We arrived just before 1pm (check-in is not until 2pm) however the receptionist was really helpful and found out that our room was ready to check in to. We checked in and then has some lunch in the hotel bar. It was delicious and the portions were huge. Two separate members of staff came to check if everything was alright which was good. Our room was big enough for all three, had great air conditioning and the beds were spacious and really comfortable. There seemed to be a wedding on in the hotel the night we were there but we could not hear any noise and we were staying on the 1st floor. Check out was very efficient. Overall a great hotel and a great stay!

Cork
Reviewed 10 August 2014

Beautiful Hotel, with lovely young staff doing there best to please you, with clean crisp uniforms, clean tied up hair and very professional looking, something we seem to have lost here in the south.

A special note to the quality of the food very impressed with both dinner and then breakfast the next morning, with a special thank you to the restaurant manageress (the one with the red hair).

Los Angeles, California, Usa
Reviewed 8 August 2014

Excellent location, close to buses that will take you to center of town. Clean hotel and very professional staff, I will stay there again. Very easy bus access, excellent restaurant and good food, good selection of wines.

Room Tip: No noise, that was my experience.
1 Thank Maria P
bolton
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Came for Belfast pride 2/8/14.
The location was excellent for the celebrations and the airport. I arrived early hoping to drop my bag off as check in wasn't until 2pm but they said my room was almost ready and after a short wait I could check in and then still make the 12pm procession, result.
I opted for a late checkout of 2pm which was fantastic as the lie in was just what I needed after a full on day. I didn't make breakfast but I'm sure it would have been as lovely as everything else. I would definitely stay here again when I'm back in Belfast.

1 Thank clairebuss
Coventry, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Comfortable room with all the facilities. Food in both bar and restaurant very good. Service well up to standard.

Only slight negatives: 1. the car parking can be difficult at times, the spaces are a bit tight. 2. From a personal point of view a fixed head shower over the bath is not what I want. Prefer a walk in shower and a shower head on an adjustable riser with detachable nozzle. That's just my preference.

Room Tip: Rooms on the side away from the function suite are quieter.
Washington, UK
Reviewed 24 July 2014

Booked last minute for a Saturday night stay and found a really great rate including a welcome drink, breakfast and a late check out. The hotel has free wifi too which was a winner for me... I cancelled my room at the Stormont Hotel in order to give the Park Avenue a try.

The hotel was great, I was given an early check-in with no problems. The room was a superior on the first floor facing some houses but I thought this was fine. If I can't see in their windows, they won't be able to see into mine!

The bed was comfy, the room was spacious and well appointed and the bathroom was recently renovated. The air conditioning was great and worked well! I had a lovely cocktail at the bar, the staff all seemed friendly. Took breakfast the next morning, cooked to order which I thought was a good sign but it arrived cold, so it seems as if they just cook a batch then keep it "heated" until it is used up.

Despite this it is a great option if you can get a good rate parking is free and plentiful and there is a Tesco Express at the corner if you need anything.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo