“Friendly comfortable place to stay.”
Review of Dukes at Queens

Dukes at Queens
Ranked #11 of 46 Hotels in Belfast
Reviewed 24 March 2011

Stayed 3 night whilst at a conference at Queens Univ. Its just around the corner, lots of restaurants & cafe's nearby. Rooms v clean , receptionist girls very friendly and genuinely interested in you. Bed one of the most comfortable I've slept in for a while. V good breakfast included in my room rate. Would def go back again.

• Stayed: March 2011

Reviewed 9 March 2011

Ive stayed at this hotel lots of times now and thought id make a few notes to help fellow travellers. Without exception, the Hotel is excellent. The standard of service is the best. I use lots of Hotels as I travel a lot for work and am impressed when I get great service as most Hotels promise it but few deliver. You can help but be impressed by the energy and enthusiasm of the staff. The front desk staff are efficient, friendly nothing is too much trouble. The rooms are lovely, clean, modern and got loads of AV stuff. They are warm clean and welcoming. The bar and restaurant team are excellent - again nothing is too much trouble they are friendly and professional. Food is great - try the Chicken Supreme is excellent. Great value for money, hot fresh food. I did read a couple of negative comments about the place but honestly dont know what they are saying - they should get out more.

Wouldn't hesitate to recommend this place - well done to all the Hotel team top service and top place.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank d4v1d7
Reviewed 9 March 2011

We had a brilliant time at the hotel for my mothers' 80th birthday party in February. The staff where really brilliant from the moment of booking through to the reception on arrival and throughout the night. The facilities where first class and catered for the wide range of ages in the group and the food was simply delicious. I would recommend this hotel for its location in Belfast as a quiet retreat within the Queens Quarter, where there is a great buzz , but mostly for the friendliness of the staff.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 February 2011

It is located in the trendy University area. There are quite a few restaurants and bars very close by. The hotel offers very large rooms, with a big flat screen, a huge bathroom and ample beds.

Downtown is a taxi ride away (not too far) or if you have a car (which is ideal across Ireland) so location is not an issue.

Breakfast was fine and served in the hotel cafeteria. Not luxurious but more than appropriate.

Reception can also organise the famous black taxi tour which is highly recommended.

Overall, it is a good property in a good area. It is also adequately priced.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled with family
2  Thank EZT
Reviewed 20 January 2011

From the moment my wife and I arrived at the hotel we were made to feel welcomed and appreciated. The entrance and foyer of the hotel are both bright and welcoming and this was matched by the recepionist who greeted us with a friendly smile and made us feel right at home. Everything we needed to know about the services offered by the hotel was explained to us succinctly. We were also given information about different tourist trips that were available which we were then able to organise through the very accommodating reception staff. Our bedroom was excellent with a very large and comfortable bed with a large flatscreen television and ipod facility that even my wife was able to understand and operate. The bathroom had everything you would expect to find in a top hotel wihh everything spotlessly clean. On our first night we had a few drinks in the hotel bar which had a very relaxing atmosphere and on our second night we had a meal in the hotel dining room. Their menu and wine list were both extensive and when we eventually made our minds up on what to order we can honestly say that it was all first class and we found nothing disappointing. The staff in both the bar and restaurant were very friendly and contributed in making our stay very enjoyable.

Reviewed 14 January 2011

This is about our 4th stay at this hotel and what another great time we had. The moment we checked in to the moment we checked out we could not fault the reception staff at all, everything was FANTASTIC. Must admit i didnt use i-pod docking station as i wanted to stay in this hotel to sleep after enjoying my day being out and about and not having to worry about what typeof music is played in my room. will i stay here again? YOU BET YOUR BOOTS I WILL.

Reviewed 5 January 2011

Supposedly one of the best hotels in Belfast, so we expected a lot. It is somewhat clean, however, we had to change the first room, because the toilet and the shower were not clean. Plus the lamp was not working and the ah-so-advertised docking station for the I-Pod was broken. So, here we are off to room nr. 2 - clean, a different lamp was flickering all the time, TV set not working AND again I-Pod docking station broken. After calling them multiple times they finally showed up HOURS later with a new remote control for the TV set, so at least that one thing was settled. Light still flickering, I-Pod docking station broken after the attempt of getting it to work using what it looked like 10 different remote controls. Next day this extremely rude guy comes in and really claims our I-Pod is not working!!! Obviously it does, we have the same type of docking station at home it is works just fine! My partner actually booked this hotel for the small little cute things like room serice and i-pod docking station. Guess what - room service was not really happenning either, since they didn't have the menu from their homepage that looks nice and long, but only sth. like 5 different dishes!!! Plus, everyone was very rude and grumpy ALL THE TIME!!! I would certainly never go back! You can get MUCH better places in Belfast for the same price or less. Beware! Oh, almost forgot this one - the guys in the room upstairs were very loud and partied the whole night, which actually kept us from sleeping the first night. The fancy shower head in the bath tub does not work... the toilet paper is incredibly thin so you end up with your fingers in your derriere... should I go on...? I guess I would rather stop here.

6  Thank lmaolol