“Lovely hotel!”

Ranked #14 of 43 Hotels in Belfast
Ireland
“Lovely hotel!”
Reviewed 5 January 2014 via mobile

I have just returned from spending one night here with my husband. I had two nights initially booked with a specific company but needed to amend this to one night due to family bereavement. I was left on hold on phone for a half hour, no success. I rang hotel directly who said she would sort it. She rang me back to say that she had no success either and that I should cancel booking totally and book directly with them for the same rate which I did.
Check in at hotel was super efficient and friendly. Foyer seemed small and cluttered. Rooms were lovely, spacious , v modern and a huge comfie bed. Dinner in Claudines was tasty and good value. Lovely guy playing guitar in background. Breakfast was cooked to order and was top dollar also. All staff we met especially those front of house were super nice.
Internet wifi was non existant in bedrooms it was available in public areas. Parking is available on the streets. It is free but I was not comfortable with having my southern registered car on the street overnight.
The hotel is v close to Queens university and the botanic gardens which are worth a visit as is the Ulster museum which is also close by. It is a good 20 min walk into town. We went to see the titanic exhibition which was brilliant.
So overall lovely stay , but not quite full marks due to public areas let down, lack of secure parking and poor wifi coverage. I would stay here again though as the price was competitive.

• Stayed January 2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (128)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 January 2014 via mobile

I overnighted here, arriving to a warm welcome from reception and restaurant staff alike. My room was big, clean, stylish and super comfy. Dinner was reasonably priced, and the pork belly was cooked beautifully, hearty and satisfying, all it needed was some accompanying greenery (beans or cabbage) to finish it off. Breakfast was also very good, cooked to order with plenty to help yourself to from the buffet, including lots of fresh fruit. All round a great hotel at a good price. It puts London hotels to shame. Keep it up Dukes, I look forward to coming back.

Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
jeddah
Reviewed 2 January 2014 via mobile

Myself and my wife stayed here for 4 days bringing in the new year. The hotel staff were very helpful and couldn't do enough for you, the brasserie and bar was reasonable and food was good quality. Our room was fantastic staying in a suite the bed was massive and very comfy, the only downside is the walk into the town centre, a taxi ride is in order. All in all a lovely time was had.

• Stayed December 2013
Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 December 2013 via mobile

The staff were great, really friendly and helpful. We stayed the day before Christmas eve so it was quiet. The rooms were lovely a lot bigger and nicer than I expected. As they were quiet they gave us breakfast to the room , a full ulster fry which was just what we needed after having a few drinks the night before. The bed was big and really comfy , massive tv in the room with a big windowsill with eating area so you can look onto the street. Really enjoyed my stay here. Theres loads of nice restaurants and bars around and its only a 10 min walk from the main shopping area of town.

Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
N.Ireland
Reviewed 26 December 2013

We booked to stay here on the 18th December,to go to a concert after getting a very reasonable deal. The hotel is beautiful and very tastefully decorated, set in an excellent location in Belfast. Loads to do in and around the area.
The young man on check in was helpful pleasant and professional.
We were given the keys to room 114 which we thought was gorgeous. We loved the huge comfy bed and the bathroom was generous in size and the decor was lovely too. It was nice to have the option of a bath or a shower, and both of these were again very large and spacious. Our room was immaculate, and the chocoaltes and biscuits were a lovely touch as well.
We were also delighted to notice the staff had went to a bit of extra trouble for my husbands birthday. Really thoughtful touch Dukes!
Despite having a few parties in for Christmas nothing was too much trouble for the staff who were cheery and personable. We had one drink in Claudines and the atmosphere was lovely. We didnt have time to dine, but the front reception staff were helpful in arranging taxis for us as well.
The night porter was also a gentleman, who had a lot of time for us and very helpful, despite us being a little worse for wear after a night out in Belfast. Ive seen far too many arrogant night porters who just want you out of the way.
We ordered breakfast for our room for the following morning and it was delicious! Service was bang on time as well, and food was piping hot.
Please dont hesitate to stay here, you will be well impressed and the staff will go out of their way to make you feel at home. In fact for us the hotel was beautiful, but its the staff that make the place.
Dukes at Queens is now our first choice for our next trip to Belfast. Thank you

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Ladymuck80
Trieste, Italy
Reviewed 21 December 2013

The room was confortable, with nice furniture, but there was no water available in the room, and the windiw was very small. The breakfast was definitely poor and the restsurant Claudines was offering relatively poor quality menu as well.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank SunfromVenice
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 19 December 2013

My Partner and I and a friend stayed here this week for one night as we were attending a concert in the Oddessy. From start to finish, everything was excellent. Both receptionists that were on duty on check-in and check-out were very friendly and welcoming. We chose to eat at their restaurant, Claudines and the food was delicious, service quick and efficient and the "couples meal" at £29.95 for 2 courses each and a bottle of house wine was extremely good value. The night porter was very helpful; a lovely man. The standard double rooms we booked are very spacious, had all the amenities one could ask for and the bed was so comfortable, I wished we could have taken it home! My partner and I had a room at the front and there was a little late night street noise but our friend's room was facing the back which he said was very quiet.
We all had a thoroughly enjoyable stay and will be back again!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple