“Huge rooms in a funky friendly hotel - I'll be back” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Dukes at Queens

Dukes at Queens
Ranked #14 of 43 Hotels in Belfast
Kildare
“Huge rooms in a funky friendly hotel - I'll be back”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2009

I stayed at this hotel with a group of friends for a Saturday night. We paid £90 per room B&B. The hotel has a lovely wrap around veranda with nice wooden furniture which was lovely to sit at and have a drink and watch the world go by. The rooms are huge with an equally huge bathroom complete with shower, seperate bath and funky sink. The bed was also huge and was the most comfortable bed I have ever slept in. The cold breakfast buffet wasn't huge, but they provided a delicious cooked breakfast designed to feed a man with a huge appetite. We had a few drinks in the bar onthe Saturday night and they had a guy playing the guitar who was really good.

Note to Sat Nav users - it doesn't come under the hotel section so you will need to put in the address.
I have two young children and I will definitely come back and stay in the hotel with them, as the spacious room would more than accomodate us with a spare bed and a cot.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (124)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Edinburgh
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2009

We had a one night stay in Belfast and opted for Dukes at Queens. We were greeted warmly, had a spotless room with everything you could want. The bathroom was huge with a separate bath and shower. We took advantage of a Monday to Thursday offer in the bistro of a set price menu including wine and the meal was fantastic, both value and quality. The only slight problem was parking onstreet round about, but that was only because we arrived before the people who park in the area during the day for work had gone home. After that there was plenty of parking on the road outside. Only wish we'd been able to stay an extra night.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled as a couple
Reading, berks
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2009

Loved my stay at Duke's. The room I had (for single occupancy) was massive - huge double bed (a queen, I think), crisp white bed linen, massive Loewe TV (40 inches?) with built in surround sound and iPod dock, big monsoon walk in shower and a bath big enough for two.

Service on the front desk was good (the lovely Shilpi even knew who I was when I arrived without looking my details up). Nothing was too much trouble.

Location is nice if a little way out of town, in the Botanic Gardens area of town (so a little way from the shops) but this makes for a nice quiet stay in a busy city.

I booked a total of five rooms (I stayed 2 nights, my friends just one night) and we pretty much had a wing of the hotel to ourselves. The rooms weren't all as big as mine (room 111 in particular was set to the side and was a little dark) but all were beautifully furnished with dark wood, smart patterned carpet and leahter (ette?) chairs and accessories.

We got a room rate of £70 per night RO for single occupancy (£80 for double) which I thought was excellent value (compared to the alleged rack rates of £159 upwards). Bar drinks were a little steep but not too bad. Plus the bar stayed open for as long as we want it to - important in a city where pretty much everything shuts at 11pm.

All in all an excellent hotel and I would not hesitate to recommend it.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled with friends
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2009

The hotel was wonderful! We were only there one night, but we loved it. The room was great- comfy bed, nice bathroom, did I mention there was an IPOD docking station with surround sound in the room. Complimentary coffee in the room. Breakfast was also included and it was delicious! It is a good location too. Close to the train and bus station as well as good places to go out. You could walk or take a cheap taxi.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled with friends
Jhb, South Africa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2009

Wow!! What a hotel!

It is not often that I feel guilty paying a discounted rate at a hotel....this is the exception. As an International Manager based in South Africa, I travel extensively and stay in hotels all around the world - this is definitely in my Top 5! I stayed a Sunday night so paid GBP 70.00...with breakfast!

I actualy asked the lady at reception if I had been upgraded my room was so nice (I had not)! Huge TV, stacks of channels, a super comfy bed, iPOD docking station with a speaker in the ceiling, ultra stylish bathroom, airconditioning. free wifi, in room safe and less than 5 minutes from the centre of town!!! What more could you ask for!

I am surprised by the one or two comments regarding the staff - they were BRILLIANT!! They gladly accommodated me the whole of the next day (after I had checked out!) in the hotel lounge where I had 2 meetings back to back.

Trendy, chic, clean, modern and just the right amount of personal!

Well done - if only more hotels woud follow their lead!

• Stayed June 2009, travelled on business
1 Thank Dale I
North Wales
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2009

I found this hotel at the last minute. The staff are very helpful, nothing is too much trouble. Good restaurant with a great deal £30 for three course dinner (with multiple choices)with wine for 2. Wifi in rooms. Excellent breakfast. This is now my first choice for Belfast.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled on business
      Check-in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank Mudgedog
aussie in london
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2009

I booked Dukes based on other reviews. It was great - fantastic rooms with the most comfortable bed possible. My partner and I stayed there after a long trip and it was perfect. The onsite restaurant was great too - the service was a bit average - but the rooms more than made up for it. And it was great value too.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled as a couple