“Belfasts be kept secret!!!”

The Crescent Townhouse
Ranked #27 of 45 Hotels in Belfast
Reviewed 20 March 2011

I stayed at the crescent town house this week and was amazed at the level of service for the size of the hotel! The staff were really friendly and couldn't do enough 2 help u!! I was really impressed with my room. I stayed in the oneill suite and the room was very spacious and clean! My only complaint would be that there was a slight noice from the busy botonic ave but it wasn't enough 2 upset my experience! The best part of this stay was the hotels restaurant Metro. The food was 2 die for! The menu catered for a wide range of people. when I asked would the chef make me a creamy mushroom sauce which wasn't on the menu there was no fuss made about it and my waitress cara said the chef would be more than happy 2 do it!! Which he did and it was beautiful!!! The whole meal was beautiful esp the deserts, the brownie was the best I have ever had! So all in all this little hotel is a gem and I will be back when I'm next in belfast!! It's the place to stay in Belfast!!

• Stayed: March 2011

Reviewed 12 March 2011

I stayed at the Crescent Townhouse Hotel on a business trip to Belfast last week. I have stayed there before and each time have had an enjoyable stay. This time, however, the level of service from two staff in particular - Matthew the manager and Lindsey (who was working on reception and in the restaurant at breakfast) was absolutely outstanding.
I had been travelling quite a lot and had put my back out on the various planes and trains that I had taken prior to getting to Belfast. Matthew checked me in and carried my suitcase up to the room for me - making sure that it was put somewhere that I'd be able to get at it easily with my bad back. The room was lovely and the bed very comfortable (although I did have one of the rooms with a window opposite the Empire bar - while the noise from the bar didn't bother me much, it may be an idea to request a room on the other side of the building if you are a light sleeper). The Molton Brown products in the bathroom were a lovely touch.
As mentioned above, however, the main thing that I want to write this review about was the service. I went out to dinner after checking in and the battery went on my mobile phone. Because my fiance was worried about my back and couldn't get me on my mobile he called the hotel (quite a few times) - Matthew took his calls each time and went out of his way to try to find me - going up to my room himself to see if I was ok. When I got in from dinner he was waiting at reception to give me all of the messages from my fiance and seemed genuinely worried that I was ok. My fiance said that he was really lovely on the phone (well he used more manly words than that - but that was the gist!).
The next morning Lindsey was on reception and in the breakfast room (although Matthew was still working - he must have had a 24 hour shift!) - she was really helpful and sweet and I had a lovely chat with her at the end of the day when I came back to pick up my suitcase to catch the train.
When I arrived home the following day I realised that I had left my phone charger (not having much luck with that phone!) and more importantly ALL of my makeup and toiletry bag in the hotel. I called them up and spoke with Lindsey - who went out of her way to go and look for my charger and makeup, which she found - and then made sure that it was posted to me recorded delivery!
I can't emphasise enough just how courteous and helpful both Matthew and Lindsey were - I would definitely return to the Crescent Townhouse again, if only for the service!! Luckily the rooms, food and Bar 12 are all great too - as well as the location, right in the university area. It's definitely my hotel of choice for Belfast, and I have already recommended it to a number of friends who are travelling there soon for a wedding.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank KNS_10
Reviewed 26 December 2010

This is a lovely fairly small hotel. My room was very large and quiet. The hotel has its own first rate bar and restaurant, with a larger public bar attached. Service is first rate and the hotel is a very short walk from the city centre. Excellent value for money.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 November 2010

The check in was a little unfriendly.
The suite (Empire) was a nice style although very shabby in places (bulb not working etc). The room however was too dark for my wife to do her hair and makeup easily (all lights were on at teh time)

A group of 6 of us went for the meal and stay package. Usually teh service and food in the Metro Brasserie is superb. However on this occasion it was well below the usual standard. The 6 of us arrived for our pre-booked meal. however the waiting staff did not know we were guests in teh hotel (lack of communication). They wouldnt although one of teh party to swap a starter fro dessert (poor service). The food was not at its greatest for this usually great restaurant. They even tried to charge us for th entire meal (which was clearly included in our stay) and the end of the meal.

Breakfast was good apart from no one actually sayingw here it was held and that juice etc was available for self-service. We later found this out after having eaten our breakfast.
The cooked breakfast was very good.

Sleep - it was incredibly noisy (until about 3am and early in the morning).

Overall for spending over £120 on a one night package and meal I thought the service and accomodation would have been better. Unfortunately the meal may have put me off returning to Metro. We would go there quite often.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 August 2010

Four adults and 2 kids for 2 nights stayed in 2 of their suites. The Empire is in the old style with a beautiful canopied bed and the ensuite had a roll top bath and a walk in shower. Lots of lovely fluffy white towels and excellent quality Molton Brown toiletries. The O'Neill Suite is modern with a seperate living area with a couch. Breakfast was delicious both mornings - cooked fresh to order - served with freshly brewed coffee.
It was quite noisy on the Saturday night as we were on the first floor - however this did not detract from the stay. Dinner was included on the second night - two courses from the early bird menu and I was delighted to be served fresh pasta as my starter. The pork was a little disappointing and it was more like a gammon - but overall the meal was nice. The kids had to order off the bar menu but luckily we don't have picky eaters.
The one problem was the internet. The Wi-Fi is chargeable at £4 for an hour - which in most hotels is FOC. It didn't work after a couple of attempts and we were given a full refund and an apology - however it would have been nice to have internet access for the weekend.
We will be back the next time we're in Belfast.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 May 2010

Excellent staff reception very accommodating and friendly. Great offers for weekend stays too!

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 17 May 2010

Found this hotel via internet search and booked two rooms at B&B rate.
We had been traveling around most of Northern Ireland - causeway area etc. and were going back to Dublin. As none of us had been to Belfast before we decided to to a short stop and see the town.
Had a hard time finding the hotel as the motoerway sign was different than the direction given. There was construction going on and so maybe it was some detour or something but hotels should keep their directions up to date.
Arrived and ther is no parking out in from of this hotel. No parking dedicated to the hotel at all. This is near a university area and in a city so parking is a premium. Being from NY we knew that they hotel must have some arrangement with a local lot. Anyway the receptionist was rude. Rude to the point that we could have been invisable. The older members of our party had to carry their luggage up the flight of stairs throught the library and down a few more steps and down a hallway. Which ironically was across from a meeting room with a wheelchair lift, that had a elevator next within the stairwell next to their room. Now, I and others who are young didn't mind the carring the luggage but to find a elevator next to the room of the people who need it was awful not to offer to let them use it.
Parking is on the street/square, metered, a pond and hour for a three hour limit starting at 8 am. The hotel should look into getting some type of parking pass or day permit for guests. the Hotel is located right off the Botanic subway line which would make it great for anyone arriving by train or from airport.
Rooms are contemprary in decor and were very clean. Decor reminded me of Ikea. Bathroom was small but utilitarian. Huge closet.
We had rooms facing the side street, which is actually a main road. The front of the hotel is on a side street of a square.
The double paned bay window our rooms had did little to keep out the street noise and they is a lively club on the opposite corner that goes until 4 am. So, expect to hear drunk co-eds yelling and screaming at each other with loud music. Other than that the room was very nice and comfortable. Breakfast was served in the adjacent restaurant. We had eaten there for dinner - 50/50 on reviews of quality of food.
Did not see any business center or fitness area. Library area seemed to have internet access as there was someone using a laptop in there upon our arrival, and tea and coffe making facilities.
We walked down to the city center and was able to take advantage of the sightseeing tours of the city.
The receptionist (same girl) did charge us separately for the breakfast, which upon checkout the on duty receptionist (guy) fixed for us and even offered to let us use the elevator to bring some of our bags down - he actually went and got them for us.
All in all for what we paid we thought the quality was good.
We didn't find the city all that tourist friendly or at least those serving the tourist to be.
This hotel would be great for a younger college to 30ish crowd that was going out to party esp. at the place accross the way. Not for families, children or Sr. Citizens. I wouln't recommend this hotel to any of my friends as I think they are not of this hotels target demographic - young and hip.

Stayed: November 2009, travelled with family