“Great Service”

Ranked #26 of 44 Hotels in Belfast
Nairobi, Kenya
“Great Service”
Reviewed 23 May 2012

Crescent Townhouse (CT) is located in a nice part of Belfast with lots of restaurants, bars and pubs nearby, with Queens University Belfast a 5 minute walk away.

Check in was very professional. We asked about a nearby restaurant and if it would be open so late (it was 10pm), and we were told by Matthew (night manager) that he would look it up and let us know.

There are no lifts, so if your room is on the top floor and you have heavy bags, it is a bit of a trek. CT is a townhouse converted into a hotel. The top floor is a smoking floor. The CT was full, so I could not change rooms. I left my window open for a few hours, and the smell had abated.

The room is basic. A queen size bed with blanket and 2 pillows (what is it with British hotels and 2 pillows?). There was a really small TV, tea/coffee making facilities, a fan (no air con), a radiator (how do you operate one of these?), a wardrobe with iron/board and a bathroom with Molten Brown Toiletries. There was a shower over bath.

The room was functional. I know it is not cleaned properly. My toilet was not cleaned, the sink wiped over hurriedly and shower not cleaned at all. Toiletries were not replaced, neither was bottled water.

My room was at the back of the hotel, and I had read in other reviews about noise from The Empire nightclub. Well, I could hear it, so I can't imagine how bad it is at the front of the hotel.

Breakfast was excellent. It is all served to order. With only one waitress, service was slow, but not because of her, it was just busy.

The hotel bar also is excellent. Open till 2am on a Friday night. With great Guinness. Matthew who had checked us in at 10pm was now serving drinks at 1 am. He was a very jovial chap.

Overall it was a good hotel. If the rooms were cleaned better, it would be excellent.

Room Tip: At the back and lower floor.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 25 April 2012

We were bumped to this hotel when the Tara Lodge up the road took more bookings than they had rooms. I can advise that the 2pm check-in time is strictly enforced as we arrived at 1:51pm and were told to come back at 2pm and no we can't look after your luggage. The room we were allocated must be described as magnificent. It was huge and very grand (think old world charm). The main issue with the room was that it shares a common wall with a nightclub (either next door or two doors down) and the music was extremely loud until they closed. Breakfast was pretty good. Hotel is in a pretty nice and interesting part of town and is very close to a train station which is handy.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms which share the common wall (i.e. west wall)
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 April 2012 via mobile

Great value for money. Large, beautiful room with big windows and an excellent bathroom. It has a beautifully decorated library where you can sit in comfortable armchairs and read or work in your computer (wi fi in the bedroom a litlle slow). Breakfast nothing special but OK. Didn't try the restaurante. Beats 4 stars chains by a mile.

Stayed April 2012
Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 March 2012

my friend and i went for an evening meal, and selected the 2 course with a glass of wine for £13.95. the food was absolutly lovely, cooked perfectly and portions were just right. their was a good selection on this menu and the normal a la carte. the staff were very attentative and the restaurant had a good atmosphere. really enjoyable night out! highly recommend!!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
Enniskillen, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 February 2012

As I was working in Belfast for two days , i decided to take advantage of a deal I found on the Internet .1 night for two evening meal with two glass of wine and two full breakfast £89 . On arrival I could nt help noticing the 3 stars above the door of this splendid building situated in the heart of the university area .the receptionist was very helpful and explained about the facility's and the wi fi connection .are room was of good size , clean ,modern and bright , if you wanted to be picky , you could say there wasn't a bath , but the shower was lovely and a free selection of Molton and brown a delight after a cold day working out side .after watching some tv ,witch I have to state was small , I decided to make my way down stairs for a dinner . This was just wonderfully , from the service and the food , excellent , the meal was included in the deal ,but note that starters and deserts are extra , but did nt mind paying as they where delicious , compliment to the chef who obviously has been round the block .
After the meal we had a few drink in the hotel bar twelve ,nice , a bit quiet for me and to be honest is lost for atmosphere and a big fire , they had a heater which was nice , but just did nt look good in a hotel who is trying to upgrade . Across the road you have the empire which is very busy with entertainment every night , I decided to make my way back to the hotel and realised my room window looked straight on to the empire , oh god , don't listen to me but if you have an early start the next day don't stay in that side of the building , the noise was unbearable , but with a few pints in me and lovely meal I slept well .
The next morning i made my way down passing reception , and could nt help noticing the receptionist on duty looked as if she had been in the empire all night , not a nice experince for quests , still i was looking forward to my fry , and it was lovely , although I did have to ask for toast , it was just great . If your parking your car don't leave it on the main street at the empire as the next morning from 8am it is a freeway from that time and your could end your nice visit with a lovely parking ticket .
Altogether a lovely time in a hotel with a 3 star rating which should without doubt should be a 4 star ,I will be back as Arnald would say and so close to the botanic railway station .

• Stayed February 2012
1 Thank binflynn1
Carrickfergus, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 February 2012

I recently booked a nights package at the Crescent Townhouse hotel, including a bottle of wine and chocolates (which I must add where from the Chocolate Room on the Lisburn Room - yummy). The package included dinner, bed and breakfast and I added the extra few pounds to stay in a suite. The room was beautifully tidy with a lovely lounge area, bathroom with Belfast Sink and a walk in shower. and a lovely bedroom area. All in all an excellent stay and I would well recommend one of their package deals. It is close to the Empire Bar so maybe not perfect if your not into very loud music..

Room Tip: Pay the extra for a suite... well worth it
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank SPUDSCM
Lisburn, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 January 2012

myself and my partner stayed at the aqbove hotel for one night from the time we entered untill the time we left we had a excellent night away from home we bought the 99 pounds package connected with the empire which was fantastic we had a great night out and a great dinner also included in the package my only moan would be is that rooms could do with a mini fridge and a welcome surprise is that you can upgrade to a suite for an extra twenty pounds breakfast the next morning was also brilliant will def be back to the cresent townhouse

Room Tip: rooms at the back of hotel are alot quieter
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple