Crescent Townhouse (CT) is located in a nice part of Belfast with lots of restaurants, bars and pubs nearby, with Queens University Belfast a 5 minute walk away.
Check in was very professional. We asked about a nearby restaurant and if it would be open so late (it was 10pm), and we were told by Matthew (night manager) that he would look it up and let us know.
There are no lifts, so if your room is on the top floor and you have heavy bags, it is a bit of a trek. CT is a townhouse converted into a hotel. The top floor is a smoking floor. The CT was full, so I could not change rooms. I left my window open for a few hours, and the smell had abated.
The room is basic. A queen size bed with blanket and 2 pillows (what is it with British hotels and 2 pillows?). There was a really small TV, tea/coffee making facilities, a fan (no air con), a radiator (how do you operate one of these?), a wardrobe with iron/board and a bathroom with Molten Brown Toiletries. There was a shower over bath.
The room was functional. I know it is not cleaned properly. My toilet was not cleaned, the sink wiped over hurriedly and shower not cleaned at all. Toiletries were not replaced, neither was bottled water.
My room was at the back of the hotel, and I had read in other reviews about noise from The Empire nightclub. Well, I could hear it, so I can't imagine how bad it is at the front of the hotel.
Breakfast was excellent. It is all served to order. With only one waitress, service was slow, but not because of her, it was just busy.
The hotel bar also is excellent. Open till 2am on a Friday night. With great Guinness. Matthew who had checked us in at 10pm was now serving drinks at 1 am. He was a very jovial chap.
Overall it was a good hotel. If the rooms were cleaned better, it would be excellent.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tucked away in the heart of the bustling Queen's Quarter, the historic Crescent Townhouse Hotel and our friendly staff are ready to welcome you to Belfast where we will endeavor to make your stay as special and memorable as possible. This well-appointed boutique hotel has been carefully and thoughtfully designed to give a contemporary feel in a classic setting. It features traditionally decorated rooms with comfortable, modern amenities including a flat screen TV/DVD and free Wi-Fi. The lavish Suites are decorated in traditional Victorian style fitted with dark mahogany canopy beds, floral drapes, antique wing armchairs and a roll top bath and walk-in shower. A wide range of food is served at the hotel's restaurant, which includes specialties made with locally sourced ingredients. The breakfast, with many options to choose from, is served daily. You can choose to include the breakfast in your accommodation package or purchase it separately. Metro Bar offers a more relaxed welcome with a full bar food menu available every lunchtime and evening. The atmosphere is lively, warm and friendly and the famous Belfast banter goes on well into the night. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Odigeo, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your The Crescent Townhouse reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crescent Townhouse Belfast
- Crescent Townhouse Hotel Belfast