“Average”

Ranked #27 of 44 Hotels in Belfast
London, England
“Average”
Reviewed 30 August 2008

The reviews are a little generous in my opinion. Some of the rooms and bathrooms needed some maintenance, my room stank of stale smoke even though I asked for non-smoking and the breakfast service was simply poor. It could be great but just didn't hit the mark for me.

Stayed July 2008
1 Thank Lolalula

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
County Antrim
Reviewed 28 July 2008

Myself and my boyfriend stayed here on Friday 25th July and I have to say that it was a beautiful experience. We have probably stayed in all of the hotels in Belfast, including, Tensquare, Malmaison, Radisson, Hilton etc and The Townhouse was one of the favourites. We chose to stay here as we fancied a night out in Belfast without the hassle of getting taxis home.
Upon arriving there was one hiccup in which the room key did not work and this seemed to be the case for a couple of other guests, however this was dealt with immediately. In room 101 there is a lovely touch of a small stair case leading to the average sized bedroom. Massive wardrobe and full length mirror. Purple drapes, flowers and decoration with an amazingly comfortable bed. The bathroom is lovely and there are plentiful towels and Molton Brown Toiletries. Coffee, tea, biscuits and water were waiting which I thought was a nice touch. However there is no mini bar which was one down side. This room also looked out onto the street and for some people who do want noise this may be a problem. However we had no problems and actually loved looking out at the hustle and bustle.
We decided to eat in the restaurant and it was lovely, the service was excellent and friendly. After we decided to go to the club next door which was not packed and we enjoyed our night. Breakfast choice was limited however this did not bother us and my boyfriend loved the omelette.
I have to stay that we would not hesitate to stay here again. We usually stay in the premier inn when wanting a night out in Belfast however after this experience I think that we may become regulars at this hotel. The weekend deal was amazing value and we thoroughly enjoyed our experience.

• Liked — Room
  • Disliked — No mini Bar
  • Stayed July 2008, travelled as a couple
1 Thank HotelLove
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 9 July 2008

We just spent a three day weekend at The Crescent Townhouse and we must say it is just a gem in the city of Belfast. It is a beautiful old building with comfortable rooms in a rich purple. Lovely window seats draped in heavy purple velvet, hardwood floors and bathrooms with contemporary vessel sinks make the rooms special. The bathrooms are stocked with Moulton Brown products and are immaculate. Breakfast is excellent. The waitresses are all lovely and friendly. The desk staff went out of their way to help.

A bit of noise from a nght club across the street but not unbearable. The Metro restaurant on the first floor is a real treat. We planned on eating there just one night but it was so good we had dinner there on our last night also.

• Liked — It is so comfortable and friendly
  • Disliked — There is a bit of noise at night
  • Stayed June 2008, travelled with family
1 Thank Leeandmarg
London
Reviewed 1 July 2008

Stayed in the Crescent Townhouse for two nights for a weekend trip to Belfast. The reception staff were very friendly and helpful and were full of recommendations of where to go and what to see. Rooms were clean and tastefully decorated and the bathroom was full of mini Molton Brown supplies.

Breakfast was excellent, with a substantial fry-up and great service.

My only complaint would be the location as its opposite a very noisy bar that seemed to go on well into the early hours. This wasn't such an issue for us as we were out anyway but for those wanting an early night, this may not be the place to get it!

• Stayed June 2008, travelled with friends
1 Thank ijb1979
Toronto, Ontario
Reviewed 3 June 2008

I stayed at Cresecent Townhouse for one night during a tour through England, Ireland and Scotland.
I initially arrived very early in the morning from a 7am flight and was in a rush to catch a tourbus to Giant's Causeway. I was able to leave my luggage for the day and was assured it would be no problem if I didn't check in until 8pm that night.
When I returned they had my luggage waiting for me behind reception and even offered to help me carry it to my room as it was very heavy.
The room was bright and airy with a charming little set of stairs up to a large bathroom and an extremely comfy bed. Although the room faced the street and it was a Friday night, it was very quiet and comfortable and I had no problem falling asleep.
The breakfast the next morning was great - some choices that varied from the usual "breakfast included" menu.

The location was also very good - within close walking distance to the city centre, theatres and bus station.

• Liked — The room was lovely
  • Disliked — That I couldn't stay longer
  • Stayed May 2008, travelled solo
1 Thank Coop2776
Bangor,County Down
Reviewed 8 April 2008

It was our 11th wedding anniversary this year and,although we only live 11 miles from Belfast, I decided to off load the kids and go out in Belfast for the night as a (brownie point) surprise.
I booked through the hotels website at the last minute and explained the situation,requesting a bottle of fizzy for the room upon arrival.
Upon arrival we were greeted by a curteous member of staff who made sure we were ok with our luggage (yes,it was only an overnight but you know how it is!!).We went to our room to find we had been allocated the Empire Suite - absolutely massive room (circa 8M by 4 - 5) with a lovely bathroom - and the chilled fizzy was on the bed as requested with two glasses.
Although we didn't dine in the hotel for dinner we thought that the menu was very appealing and VFM.
Breakfast is served up to 11am at the weekends (thank God!!) and,although not of the carvery "serve yourself" type it was freshly cooked and substantial.
The whole ambience of the hotel is that it is small but with class and,although having limited contact with the staff due to the short nature of our stay,we found them all very appraoachable and friendly.
We would definately stay here again (and I've stayed in a LOT of hotels in the island of Ireland through work.

Stayed April 2008
1 Thank buzzard515
Donegal
Reviewed 7 April 2008

We stayed here on numerous occasions, and having always been left satisfied, I chose this hotel to bring all my closest friends for a mini hen party night in Belfast.
On arrival early we were directed to the bar to await our rooms where the staff kindly stacked our luggage securely.
My delight on finding that I had been upgraded to the Chelsea Suite was immense. I booked a standard room online and the Chelsea Suite offering was a most welcome surprise.
The room is large airy and sumptous, just perfect in everyway.
The Molton Brown products were plentiful in the large bathroom making it a step above most hotels at the same cost. (FYI girlies they even stock a nourishing conditioner that left my hair silky and soft!!) A friend of mine also commented on this.
I would throughouly recommend paying that little extra and upgrading to a suite. Adequate as the standard rooms are, the suite is well worth the extra treat!!
The breakfast is freshly prepared to order and served until 11am (much appreciated to a gang of fuzzy headed hens!!)
I could not fault this boutique hotel. It is small but tasteful and perfectly located on the ambiant bustling Botanic Avenue.

Why go anywhere else!!